Air Junkie

24" SS 14mm rear wheel bmx style?

24" SS 14mm rear wheel bmx style? Anybody know where I can get a decent one? I've tried Ebay and Danscomp, but nothing really shows up. Any help would be greatly appretiated

This is just for a rear wheel or wheelset, not a complete bike.
    Last edited by Sudden_Judgement; 10-20-2006 at 11:07 AM.

I post too much.
    14x110mm? Why not get a rim and hub laced together at your lbs?

train gorilla
    eastern26.com for a complete.
    The officer saw the words, "This Bike Is a Pipe Bomb" and became concerned.

Air Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by snaky69
    14x110mm? Why not get a rim and hub laced together at your lbs?
    My local bike shop is ran by a bunch of truely dumbass roadies. They broke my chaintensioners and underfilled my hydros last time I took my bike there, and couldn't figure out how to put my manitous back together I had to pay 60 bucks to get my bike back to find out what all they did.

Air Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by ---->SWERVE76<----
    eastern26.com for a complete.
    Any idea of a price? Eastern usually gives good deals.

I post too much.
    Time to switch LBS'.

Air Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by snaky69
    Time to switch LBS'.
    hehe I know, we have 2 and both are full on roadie. I brought my downhill rig in there once, one guy said, "whoa what's that thing, thats crazy, what do you do with that?" The only thing I use the LBS for is brake bleeding and laughs.

I post too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudden_Judgement
    hehe I know, we have 2 and both are full on roadie. I brought my downhill rig in there once, one guy said, "whoa what's that thing, thats crazy, what do you do with that?" The only thing I use the LBS for is brake bleeding and laughs.
    Oh the humanity. Even my girlfriend that doesn't know jack **** about bikes can recognize a downhill bike.

nOOb now rOOkie
    haro makes one 24" 48 spoke too. hit up the lbs they should be able to find them

mtbr member
    are you looking for a complete bike or just the wheel/hub? If you just wanna hub, DMR Revolver 14mm ss hub or Funn have 135mm spacing, 14mm.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

custom

go custom, i'd personally go for a profile cassette hub,and halo rims.but funn wheels are the best stock wheels in the 24' size out there.who cares about the price if they last forever.

Air Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by joshfromkent
    go custom, i'd personally go for a profile cassette hub,and halo rims.but funn wheels are the best stock wheels in the 24' size out there.who cares about the price if they last forever.
    I'm starting to think custom too. I really want a freecoaster hub. I just wanted a geneal idea of a price, I just dont want a 500 buck wheelset.

I have a set of halo combat 24" but the rear is with the 9 speed hub and QR, Anything I could do to make it fit? I could just tear down the wheel and put it on my existing hub. I like halos, I can't bend em

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

i would tear down

i would do a tear down, slap on a beefy set of hubs and off you go, it saves you money that way.

mtbr member
    what frame are you running? If you want a 14mm, your frame has to be made for one. my banshee scratch can use both 10mm bolt on or 14mm, only because it has special adapters. most frames can only use one size of axle. if your running say a 10mm, you wont be able to go to 14mm unless your frame is designed for 2 types of axle. If however you can run a 14mm hub, there is only 2 hubs i know of that will fit mtb spacing (135mm). funn and dmr. there is no 14mm 135mm spacing hub that is freecoaster. the only way you'll be able to get a freecoaster is if you have a frame like a tonic fab or union street bikes. they have the same spacing as bmx. 14x110.

Air Junkie
    I have a 24" specific frame with 14mm bmx style dropouts 14x110. I just want a better wheel for the back. I would prefer a freecoaster hub, to help with fakie tricks. Or some other hub, maybe ss casstte. Would it be worth it to tear down my halos and put the rims on my existing hubs? Or buy a new wheel? I want beefy, but not a boat anchor.
    Last edited by Sudden_Judgement; 10-20-2006 at 11:09 AM.

mtbr member
    Ooo, okay, now i get ya. I wasnt sure which frame u were running. first of all, joshfromkent mentioned getting funn wheelset. Ya they are very strong and will last long time, but I wouldnt get them, seeing as they are some heavy mofos. like the rim is massively strong, would be good enough with 36 spokes but instead they have 48. Id stay away from them. Now freecoasters.... good ones tend to be expensive, also I've ridden with a few people that have them, and they've had alot more problems than regular hubs. I would build up a profile hub with a atomlab pimp rim and torque nipples. very strong and lighter then your halo. but if you dont mind the weight of your halo, its also very good.

Air Junkie
    Oh wait, I totally forgot! I'm running v'brakes, I can't use v'brakes on my white halos, no flat sidewall, plus they're powdercoated.

So......, I'm back to looking for a complete rear wheel, preferable freecoaster or cassette or at least a 14 tooth gear, 14x110 spacing, v'brake compatible and super stout. The eastern wheel looks perfect, but no price. Bmx parts are usually lower priced, so maybe 100'ish?

Meh.
    I don't know which Halos you have, but the SAS do have a braking surface, note that the other rims are compatible with rim brakes. If you wanted to make your white ones compatible with rim brakes, you'd have to strip the PC off the side. And maybe a little bit of light grinding. There are some excellent chemical strippers out there.

mtbr member
    have you seen the new atomlab pimps? they're supposed to be even stronger than the old Trailpimps. Thats what im building up

nOOb now rOOkie
    yo. haro has a 24" complete wheel with 14x110 axels and 48 spokes and a cassette hub bmx style. cant get any better than that.... got mine for 130 front and rear

train gorilla
    You will have to go custom to get what you want. Get a KHE geisha freecoaster hub and the rim of your choice. Ive been running a GI street rim for the last year and have not had any problems with it.
    The officer saw the words, "This Bike Is a Pipe Bomb" and became concerned.

Air Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8NoobYo
    yo. haro has a 24" complete wheel with 14x110 axels and 48 spokes and a cassette hub bmx style. cant get any better than that.... got mine for 130 front and rear
    I think I'll go this route, and save up for a freecoaster with a SAS rim, when ever the Haros are done, I'll get the LBS to build up the wheel.

Thanks

I post too much.
    Atomlab pimps get my vote also, extremely tough rim. I own one on the back, all spokes loose, and stays straight as an arrow through repeated 180 attemps, missed landing and crashes.

Air Junkie
    I'm going with these, the SAS is out of my price range
    Attached Images Attached Images