mtbr member
    Sep 2006

24" or 26" for/urban what do you like

Do you guys prefer 24" or 26" for riding and why?Also add what type of wheel and tire combo you use.

rock hard or hardrock
    26" i dont know why i just like it...wheel and tire combo:alex rims with specialized tires (dont know name of them)
    www.transitionbikes.com

"The journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step" -Bear Grylls

mtbr remember
    DueceQuad on my hotrod.
    shorter feel, less swing weight, better accel., I can run a super small rear brake rotor if I decide.... I don't really argue the situation much, I'm sure I could be happy with a 26" mob... but 24 is just how I built my current rig and I feel no need to change now.
    Can't say personally that 24" feels more like 20" (even though I tried to build my ride as similar as possible) than compared to 26" because to me it really doesn't, just like a much quicker 26".

I run grey Atomlab GI Dirt 24" (old aircorp profile) 36hole rims front and rear, laced in front to an Atomlab GI Dirt 20mm thru hub, and rear laced to an Eastern26 14mm SS hub with DT 14/15g spokes and brass nips.
    DMR Moto R/T front / Kenda Kiniption rear. cheap bontrager tubes...
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    search this topic. u will get 500000000 "24 vs 26" threads

Meh.
    I dig the two-fours. I just put 26" Trailpimps on my Addict, it's a super wierd feeling. There are negatives and positives. For prue urban, I'd stick with my twenty-fours. I have Halo SAS rims wrapped in DMR Moto Digger rubber for the DJs. Pure urban? Halo Twin Rails are excellent.

Premium Member
    24s are quicker. For urban I like 'em. On DJs I'm more comfy on 26s if they're MTB style 'cause it's a bit more stable.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by turboinferno83
    Do you guys prefer 24" or 26" for riding and why?Also add what type of wheel and tire combo you use.
    Spent part of last winter at Rays on a SS steelhead. 32x16 gearing. Spent the last remainder of the winter and summer on a 24" Evil DOC 65mm lowered Z1 26x12.

I prefer the DOC setup hands down. I have even ridden Rays this summer to compare.

Why?

I am old and 24" makes everythign easier streetwise. Get beat up on trails but I got a 26" fsr for that.

mtbr member
    I think for DJ/Urban 24" are better, on my bike I got 26" front and 24" rear with sun rims and Maxxis High Rollers not very DJ/Urban tires but I do freeride.
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    Can I paint your rockring, silly bun salad?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    If i have a urban only bike, it'd be a 24", but for trails and offroad, i'd have a 26" bike. For an all round type of bike, i'd still take the 26".