Hisforever

24" or 26"? Brooklyn vs .243 vs. evil vs dmr?

I'm looking into buying a steel DJ bike soon and was hoping to get some help from the seasoned dj bros.

I've been digging the Brooklyn frames lately but have never run 24" wheels before. First thing is I dont want it to affect my ability to jump from 24" to a 26"xc or DH rig if you know what I mean.

How does it compare, and is it worth it.???????????????????

Also, how would you guys compare these bikes...?????????????????

Brooklyn Park vs. Black Market Mob vs. .243 vs. evil sovereign/doc vs. Cortina vs. DMR vs. Transition T/P vs. Norco two50/416. vs. Nemesis Project

Thats the list... to live with a Pike fork.
    Jesus Saves

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    For the money, I really don't think you can beat the Transition T/P. I was going to buy one, and still might, but they are sold out of the size I need and will not have anymore for a few weeks when the 2007's come out. Kyle at Transition told me it would be worth the wait because the new frames are shweet. I think some new colors may be offered too.

mtbr member
    Brooklyns are fairly heavy (6.2 lbs), and I thought my scratch was gonna be heavy (5.7lbs). The Brooklyn would be nice tho if you were into hardcore crazy street (like anson wellington). I would really like a Black MArket Mob, very nice bike. As for 24"s, I would do it, switching from bike to bike isnt too bad. ANyway, im not going to get into the whole 26" 24" debate, sone that too many times. Anyway, out of your choices, I would get the Mob. It was designed around 26", but will work with 24" too.

Premium Member
    The DOC's no good for street. Way too slack. For 26" the Black Market Mob is prime.

If you're gonna do a 24" bike, which I'd HIGHLY recommend, go for a Tonic or a Union Street Molly with a lowered Z1. Such a prime setup. Nemesis is IMO too tall in the ST and long in the CS. If you really want a BMX-type ride which you should, Tonic or Molly all the way.

mtbr member
    Yes, I was also going to suggest a Molly or Tonic, but they werent on yout list so I left em out. If you were to start with 24"s and want a street/dj rig, a Moly Or Tonic would be the only couple I would consider. But also, I'm not sure if the frames can take discs or MTB hubs.

Premium Member
    Mollys and tonics are 110mm 14mm BMX spacing, the Tonic uses v-brakes and the Molly uses 990s. They have all the features you want for BMX-ish DJing and real street riding.

Local Paperboy Hero
    You also might want to check out Dobermann, they are making some very high quality frames. And they do custom builds. I think one of these might be my next DJ frame.

http://www.dobermannbikes.com/