mtbr member
    Aug 2006

22 tooth cranks?

Does anybody know of any 22 tooth cranks with a bashguard besides the truvativ trials crank? Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Can't you just take any crank, take off the middle and outer rings, use the inner one, and put a bashguard on the outside? My inner ring is 22. I just don't use it anymore.

Meh.
    Any crank that can run double or triple rings will work. You have to mount the 22t in the lower position. Single ring cranks won't work.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Or you could run any BMX crank with an integrated guard attached to a chainwheel... Lots of companies make them. With the popularity of micro, can you get these in 22? Not sure.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Any crank that can run double or triple rings will work. You have to mount the 22t in the lower position. Single ring cranks won't work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

dirt rules
    I think BMX chainwheels only go to 24. 25 is a lot more popular, and easier to find.
    Unless you have a hub that takes a cassette, you can only go to 12 on the rear, so unless you are doing trials, your gearing will be pretty easy with a 22.

mtbr remember
    is this for trials?
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Yes it is for trials, I was hoping to find something cheaper than the truvativ trails crank.

Just Ride
    use any crank set with a granny positoin then get a trials bashguard, something made for a 22t ring. peep threshold, they're stuff is pretty awesome and trials specific. check out www.trialsin.com