Thread: 2007 Chase 1

mtbr member

2007 Chase 1

I can pick up a 2007 chase 1 for about $1000. Should i get the chase 1 or a Kona stuff? I'm going to be riding urban and dirt jumping.
    '05 Medium Prophet Frame For Sale

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Parts wise...you cant really compare the stuff to the Chase 1...The chase has much better componentry than the stuff..But I would encourage you to ride both bikes to see which frame feels better to you....

mtbr member
    i'm 5'11" should i go with the medium on the chase 1. I feel like i'm right in the gap

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FstWRX
    i'm 5'11" should i go with the medium on the chase 1. I feel like i'm right in the gap
    M if you're gonna do a lot of urban and dj, L if you're gonna hit the trails.

mtbr member
    Thanks man, i think i'll go with the medium so i can throw it around a little easier on the street. I ride a medium prophet on trails and in races. So i want to quit beating it up by riding around campus on it. Hence the reason for picking up the chase.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I just got a 2005 chase 2 and it's so sweet, I'm 5'11 also and I got the medium as well, but I could have gone either way, size wise. That is a great deal for a 2007 chase 1, where are you getting that good of a deal at??? I kind of wish I got the large, but that's just me, I didn't get a chance to ride a large though. I just feel that on the trails the large would be a bit more fun.

mtbr member
    yeah, i work at a bike shop so i can employee purchase the chase. That's why the price is so cheap.

Portland, OR
    yea, forget the kona. but really thats a pretty nice deal.
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

mtbr member
    yeah, i was thinking of getting into trials and building a bike from the ground up. But an urban/dj bike seems like it will be a lot of fun

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    trials is fun, but you cant get anywhere( i ride a monty mod) but i also own a steelhead i whoop the sh!t out of, its a tad long, but the setup i love

mtbr member
    i was lookin into a zoo pitbull or an echo control

resident dumbass
    With a multi-speed DJ bike, you could probably DO a bunch of trials stuff. Of course, once you get to where you wanna jump across a 10 foot gap with a pedal kick, you'd be pretty fvcked with a DJ bike I'd think.

Most people will say suspension for trials is a no-no, and though it will mess you up if you try to balance on your front wheel and hop around, it really isn't that bad. Especially with a really stiff fork.

You can go places with a trials bike, but only with a 26er that has a seat. If you didn't know any better, you'd think Ryan Leech's bike was a highly custom DJ bike.
    I'm out of things to say . . .