Thread: 2005 chase 2

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

2005 chase 2

I'm thinking about getting a brand new never ridden 2005 Cannondale chase 2 for $950.00, I want to know if this is a good deal for that bike? And are the components any good?
    Thanx

I post too much.
    It looks decent to me. I'd do it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Ok I got it, the total price was $892.50, sweet deal. Brand new, SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Meh.
    The Chase is a super slick bike. I almost got one. Post up pics. And get some action pics to us soon.

I post too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    The Chase is a super slick bike. I almost got one. Post up pics. And get some action pics to us soon.
    Agreed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    i have a 06 chase 1 and i love it not quite the same frame but i got it becasue me friend has the 05 chase 2 and its a good bike one thing to look at is the fork that manitou stance it pretty shitty. He upgraded to a marz 66 but if ur just riding street and dirt jumps il definatly suggest the gold label jump. just saying great bike but u may be looking at a fork upgrade somewhere down the line
    Last edited by rideak; 09-16-2006 at 11:05 AM.

Meh.
    66 would slack a Chase out to ridiculous proportions.

Premium Member
    I'd run a MAX of 100mm of travel on that bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I'm new to owning a bike with a suspension, so I'm wondering what's so bad about the front fork on this bike??? I've heard it a few times, is it the weight of it??? I'm more of an all around rider so would it affect my riding ability? If I wer to replace it, what would be a good fork to go with and what difference would it make of ge4tting a new one. Like I said, I've never owned a bike with a suspension, I've been riding a 1993 trek 7000 and a hutch windstyler and so far I really like my bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    well with the manitou stance that comes on that bike theres a few problems nearly all the ones weve sold leak at least a little oil even when there on the floor there fairly soft forks easy to bottom out and we sold one chase that came back within a week and the fork had seized up dont know what went wrong with it yet but it felt like there was metal on metal in the fork. if your getting the bike for urban and dj then i would suggest the gold label 2 i love it plush short travel and it ramps up perfectly at the end fo the travel.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    What chain guide should I einvest in? I read on the e13 site that the iscg mounts wont work with this frame, I know that they should, so what kind are you all using?
    I'll look into the Gold label 2, what makes it?

rock hard or hardrock
    manitou
    www.transitionbikes.com

"The journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step" -Bear Grylls

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by rideak
    well with the manitou stance that comes on that bike theres a few problems nearly all the ones weve sold leak at least a little oil even when there on the floor there fairly soft forks easy to bottom out and we sold one chase that came back within a week and the fork had seized up dont know what went wrong with it yet but it felt like there was metal on metal in the fork. if your getting the bike for urban and dj then i would suggest the gold label 2 i love it plush short travel and it ramps up perfectly at the end fo the travel.
    The seals would split because the fasteners were overtightened, this would allow the fork to leak. The seized fork is usually from the dampener o-ring splitting. This would allow all the dampener oil to slowly leak into the semi-bath. There's only supposed to be 12cc in the semi-bath, so when 120cc comes pouring down, you get hydraulic lockout. New o-rings from the hardware store and a little bit of gasket maker sold those problems.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    my friend runs an e thirteen on his chase and it works fine why does it say an e thirteen wouldnt work?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    It says that the iscg mounts don't line up with the chase, I even called Cannondale and they said that it should, so I'm going to go to a LBS and see what they can do for me.

I have a question, does anyone know what material the 05 CHASE 2 is made of??? Is it aluminum or chro-mo, I'm just wondering if it'll eventually rust or something like that.

Meh.
    Aluminum.

Aluminum has a shorter fatigue life than chromoly (no, chromoly does not have an infinite fatigue life). However, most people will not reach the fatigue life in the lifetime of that bike.