Results 1 to 41 of 41

Thread: 10-74

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rickthewelder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,052

    10-74

    The frame goes to heat treat Monday, Oct.16.
    I think it is going to turn around in 2 days. Then to powdercoat, I'm not sure how long that will take. It will get ran when they do the color on other stuff.
    I will post pictures of the progress. Rear wheel build should start next week.
    1 guy has come close to the general direction of the name meaning sort of, it was that dude that said he was a lurker.
    No more clues.
    RTW.

  2. #2
    Crusty cyclist
    Reputation: americanethics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    58
    10-74 Civil Disturbance

  3. #3
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    Sweet.

  4. #4
    Rollin' twenties.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,635
    the luker said it meant "dangerous dog" so im sayin it means nice dogy, or dangerous cat?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rickthewelder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by americanethics
    10-74 Civil Disturbance

    You got it.
    All my frames will be named after 10 codes.
    Nice job.

    http://www.phreak.org/radio/tencode.html

  6. #6
    resident dumbass
    Reputation: dirtyharry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    Yes, as a DJ frame, this is definitely a disturbance, in the midst of higher top tubed straight seat tubed frames!
    I'm out of things to say . . .

  7. #7
    Rollin' twenties.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,635
    he got it, lets talk about the bike now

  8. #8
    resident dumbass
    Reputation: dirtyharry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    I just read what 10-73 would of meant. heh heh.

    Rick, you should make a dually, and call it the 10-89!

    As far as the 10-74, what paint job is it getting? That was never exactly agreed on . . .
    I'm out of things to say . . .

  9. #9
    mtbr remember
    Reputation: BikeSATORI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    whoa man, looks like Dirtyharry was calling for Rape earlier....
    pssshht, yeah, we got a 10-73 here, phsshhtt, there's a young male attempting to penetrate a bicycle, phssshht, send backup, over....

    not as good as the bike on some university campus (forgot specifically) that had the SWAT/bomb squad team called over the summer.... Had a sticker on it that said boldly "THIS BIKE IS A PIPE BOMB" but it's just the name of an indie band, not a terrorist threat.... I don't remember, but I think the student got some sort of ticket for it too.... possibly a civil disturbance, haha....
    Last edited by BikeSATORI; 10-15-2006 at 06:03 PM.
    Schralp it Heavy.

  10. #10
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    whoa man, looks like Dirtyharry was calling for Rape earlier....
    pssshht, yeah, we got a 10-73 here, phsshhtt, there's a young male attempting to penetrate a bicycle, phssshht, send backup, over....

    not as good as the bike on some university campus (forgot specifically) that had the SWAT/bomb squad team called over the summer.... Had a sticker on it that said boldly "THIS BIKE IS A PIPE BOMB" but it's just the name of an indie band, not a terrorist threat.... I don't remember, but I think the student got some sort of ticket for it too.... possibly a civil disturbance, haha....
    Oh god...

  11. #11
    Meh.
    Reputation: XSL_WiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,509
    10-96 Mental subject
    10-99 stolen

    I think those would be good choices.

    RTW's 10-74 was not as good as some of the guesses. Haha.

  12. #12
    What are you looking at?
    Reputation: R1D3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    951
    mystery solved
    Orange Heckler

    Blue Pinscher

  13. #13
    Rollin' twenties.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    whoa man, looks like Dirtyharry was calling for Rape earlier....
    pssshht, yeah, we got a 10-73 here, phsshhtt, there's a young male attempting to penetrate a bicycle, phssshht, send backup, over....

    not as good as the bike on some university campus (forgot specifically) that had the SWAT/bomb squad team called over the summer.... Had a sticker on it that said boldly "THIS BIKE IS A PIPE BOMB" but it's just the name of an indie band, not a terrorist threat.... I don't remember, but I think the student got some sort of ticket for it too.... possibly a civil disturbance, haha....
    dude i need that sticker

  14. #14
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,727
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthewelder
    You got it.
    All my frames will be named after 10 codes.
    Nice job.

    http://www.phreak.org/radio/tencode.html
    10-96 would be a good one
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: free rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,393
    10-48 Disturbing the Peace
    10-96 Mental Subject
    10-68 Runaway Juvenile
    10-55 Intoxicated Driver

    are all suggestions for future frames

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    953
    10-55 has to be some sort of cruiser/chopper.
    HB - The God Damn Flying Dutchman
    Chicago Freeride
    Elgin, IL

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rickthewelder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,052
    Back from heat treat Saturday.
    RTW.

  18. #18
    Rollin' twenties.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,635
    woa thats to long away

  19. #19
    me like bikes
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,094
    i can't wait to see her finished! all the pics of your bike are looking good.. that frame is sexy!
    "dropped outta school. no G.E.D. but in these streets i'm a G.O.D."
    -murs

  20. #20
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,640
    i'm sure this was probably covered in one of the other 10-74 threads (there are a ton of them now) but what color are you going with on the PC?


  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rickthewelder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    i'm sure this was probably covered in one of the other 10-74 threads (there are a ton of them now) but what color are you going with on the PC?
    I like hot rod orange.
    What do you think is a good color ?
    I just want it to be different, not raw, or black.
    R.

  22. #22
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,640
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthewelder
    I like hot rod orange.
    What do you think is a good color ?
    I just want it to be different, not raw, or black.
    R.
    i just googled the hot rod orange and that color is tight. my personal faves are the candied colors, but i don't know if you can go that route with PC. either way the orange should be a real stunner...

    i get the feeling you dislike black the way i dislike white....


  23. #23
    resident dumbass
    Reputation: dirtyharry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    I'll consent to hot rod orange,

    WITH BLACK DEITY COMPONENTS, BABY! WHOOOOOO!

    Sorry 'bout that . . .

    Seriously, though,
    Hot rod orange with black highlights would look very pimp, 'specially w/ a modded orange Z1!
    I'm out of things to say . . .

  24. #24
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    It would indeed look tight, but would budget permit?

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trevorh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    241
    I think orange and white would look better, IMO. black and orange would be like the SC Jackal.
    woooooooooo

  26. #26
    resident dumbass
    Reputation: dirtyharry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    Yeah, sort of like the 05, but that wasn't hot rod orange. It was orange. Like orange peel. Or an oompa loompa.

    If rick's buyin' OEM, I think he can get his hands on an orange Z1. Of course, the slam kit and whatever guy he has to pay to lower it (rick may weld bikes better than most major companies, but when it comes to rebuilding forks I must admit I have my doubts (with that said, I think there are about 4 guys who reply to this thread that could totally rebuild a fork)) he might be over.

    Another thing, just a plain black fork would look good, but not like the orange Z1.
    Come to think of it, he could just get a fork painted orange like that.

    Orange and white, maybe. I just want to see the complete bike, and as long is it's not pink or yellow, I'm okay.
    I'm out of things to say . . .

  27. #27
    What are you looking at?
    Reputation: R1D3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    951
    Yeah orange is good... what fork though? Probably not a green argyle I take it.
    Orange Heckler

    Blue Pinscher

  28. #28
    Less yappin, more Brappin
    Reputation: geoffss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    784

    go with HRO

    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    i just googled the hot rod orange and that color is tight. my personal faves are the candied colors, but i don't know if you can go that route with PC. either way the orange should be a real stunner...
    I had a custom hot rod orange Foes Zig-Zag years ago, and it had the slightest bit of metal flake/sparkle in it. Sure looked good when it was clean and in the sun.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: free rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,393
    lol, orange and black components.....HALLOWEEN

    do it!

  30. #30
    Rollin' twenties.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,635
    i googled the coler too .looks good. i gess i was imagining somin like tony the tiger early.


    flames! black halloween flames!

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trevorh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    241
    flames are overated!
    woooooooooo

  32. #32
    resident dumbass
    Reputation: dirtyharry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    I say a black gold label for the bike if we do orange and black, a white argyle if we do white and orange, or maybe a white argyle anyway.

    Flames are stupid. No offense, but this isn't a custom car from Pimp my Ride. Now those are some fugly paint jobs!
    I'm out of things to say . . .

  33. #33
    mtbr remember
    Reputation: BikeSATORI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorh
    flames are overated!

    I wouldn't say overrated.... they have just been WAY over-used recently. killed to death.
    Schralp it Heavy.

  34. #34
    Rollin' twenties.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,635
    hey i like pimp my ride!
    we already have 26s so flames and a 9,000,000,000,000 watt speaker system would make this thing of the chain
    (insert cheesy joke here)

  35. #35
    resident dumbass
    Reputation: dirtyharry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    I find the show pretty funny too, but COME ON! Pretty soon they're going to be like

    "We've installed TV's instead of the windows, so you don't have to look at all the ugly drivers and can get minutely traffic updates. And look here! In the windshield TV, we've put another TV, so you can watch TV while you're watching TV! Instead of brakes and accelerators, we've put iPods! And we've replaced your airbags with an espresso machine, a fog machine, and a snow machine! We've installed pure gold and 50 karot diamonds in your rims, and your tires are made of velvet! Now, instead of doors, the car body jacks up on 10 foot hydraulic pistons, leaving the floor and seats exposed for you to get out of! And check out the steering wheel! It's a triangle!"

    "Ohh, ****! I love it! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Wher're the keys! I wanna drive this sucka!"

    "HA HA HA, You've 'fficially bin pimped!
    I'm out of things to say . . .

  36. #36
    Rollin' twenties.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,635
    dude thatt car would be awesome, no really im serious




























    hahahahahaha

  37. #37
    mtbr remember
    Reputation: BikeSATORI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyharry
    "We've installed TV's instead of the windows, so you don't have to look at all the ugly drivers and can get minutely traffic updates. And look here! In the windshield TV, we've put another TV, so you can watch TV while you're watching TV! Instead of brakes and accelerators, we've put iPods! And we've replaced your airbags with an espresso machine, a fog machine, and a snow machine! We've installed pure gold and 50 karot diamonds in your rims, and your tires are made of velvet! Now, instead of doors, the car body jacks up on 10 foot hydraulic pistons, leaving the floor and seats exposed for you to get out of! And check out the steering wheel! It's a triangle!"

    "Ohh, ****! I love it! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Wher're the keys! I wanna drive this sucka!

    That is the funniest stuff I've read all day, nice one DH. just another reason I no longer have a television connected to the outside world...
    Schralp it Heavy.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: free rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,393
    i wanna 9, 000, 000 watt speaker system, and t.v's instead of t.v's with t.v's on top of them

  39. #39
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: coldsteele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,282
    Now i'm going to get that flip down screen installed under my seat so the guys riding behind me can watch bike DVD's while we ride.

    Some spinners would be just all out dope.
    Team MOJO Wheels.

  40. #40
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,640
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    .....just another reason I no longer have a television connected to the outside world...
    woohooo! TV free for 9 years....


  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trevorh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyharry
    I find the show pretty funny too, but COME ON! Pretty soon they're going to be like

    "We've installed TV's instead of the windows, so you don't have to look at all the ugly drivers and can get minutely traffic updates. And look here! In the windshield TV, we've put another TV, so you can watch TV while you're watching TV! Instead of brakes and accelerators, we've put iPods! And we've replaced your airbags with an espresso machine, a fog machine, and a snow machine! We've installed pure gold and 50 karot diamonds in your rims, and your tires are made of velvet! Now, instead of doors, the car body jacks up on 10 foot hydraulic pistons, leaving the floor and seats exposed for you to get out of! And check out the steering wheel! It's a triangle!"

    "Ohh, ****! I love it! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Wher're the keys! I wanna drive this sucka!"

    "HA HA HA, You've 'fficially bin pimped!
    ahahahhahah man that was funny, its pretty much how the show is to! ahah
    woooooooooo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •