mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Are 07 STP 2/1/0 frames the same and opinions

Hi all,
    Was looking to buy a Rival or Bigfoot, but the shops around here dont sell norco, so I have to reconsider. One shop suggested a STP2. I basically want to ride to work (only a few ks) 3 or 4 days a week, take it out on the weekend on trails and have it strong enough so I can go off 3-4 foot drops and not be worried that its going to break under me. I weigh about 75 kgs and am 6 foot tall, and i am 22 if that matters also. Will this bike suit me?
    Does anyone know if the frames are the same for the 07 STP's? I have read that they are really good frames.

Any opinions on the 07 STP2 would be welcome also.

Schmo

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    um as far as i know there arent any 0,1,2 they only have a standard and a single speed

Jesus Freak
    Apr 2004
    I think this year and last year were only SS and Geared versions.

If they still have an (old)new STP 2 you should be able to get it at a nice discount.

Pro Crastinator
    if i remember correctly, the only difference for the '07 is the chainstays are at 15.75" instead of 16".

i've had my STP for 2 years now and it rips, everywhere form slaying the dirt jumps to mobbing the trails....

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for the help guys. Does anyone know if there is a difference in the 07 frames or do they all use the same frame?
    By the sounds of it though, a STP 2 will handle what I plan fot it.
    Checked it out, they only have 07 models left.

Pro Crastinator
    all STP's are the same frame except the older STP 3's......

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Schmo's from Australia where the 0/1/2 exist.

I use mine as an all around bike and the only problem I have is getting the seat high enough for XC mode (need 400mm seatpost).

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I might be wrong but this years is supposed to have a bit better geo then previous years

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    The 2007 giant stp's have a shorter chainstays by a quarter inch and a bb height raised by a quarter inch too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I am now thinking of getting a STP 2 as it seems a decent bike by the reviews.
    As i say, im about 6 foot tall, would the 13.5 or 14.5 inch frame suit me better you think?
    I read in a review for the STP 0 the larger frame is better for 4X, the smaller for street park and trail riding. I am a little confused on which way to go.

I post too much.
    Go with whichever one you're most confortable on. It's better than us trying to e-size you.