Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: %&#&m

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Upset %&#&m

some human debris pieces of **** stole my bike this past weekend im lookin for a inexpensive good replacement and found this that my lbs can get for me. btw, im 5'9 185# so do you think this bike will work for this me

here are the specs:
    frame FSeries frame design-3+main tube crmo- 21.7" TT.
    fork 1 1/8" Crmo Steer -Threadless
    grip Haro Stripe Grips
    handlebar Hi-Ten- 5.25" rise.
    crankset Haro 3-pc Crmo Sealed Mechanism- 175mm.
    gearing 39/16 ACS Freewheel.
    tires Kenda K-Rad Front and Rear
    hubset 48h/14mm axle w/Steel Shell
    rims Alex 48H Alloy
    seat/post Haro Slim Saddle w/Steel Post
    pedals Haro DX Alloy
    rotor WinZip Rotor- Black
    pegs 2 pairs Steel

thanks

Slopestyle Rider
    Yeah man, that'll work. Don't get too caught up in what you ride... just ride. Sucks about your bike man. Check pawn shops and let the local bike shops know your bike got stolen... thieves tend to steal so they can sell for dope.

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    They stole it? But it had a chip?!?! And three flats!!! Those are some dumb theives.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thats a pretty stupid lock too...

Sorry to hear about your bike man.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45
    ...thieves tend to steal so they can sell for dope.
    they teach you that in dopehead school?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    thanks guys. i'm still pretty pissed off. anyway, can a short suspension fork be compatible with the replacement bike i might get? btw, the bike im lookin at costs 395

Yo!
    mtbr member
    Dude your bike got stolen?
    Already?

You need to do some investigating man, because unless you left the thing locked on your front porch overnight or in an open garage, someone must have known about that bike; what exactly happened?

Do you have the serial number and proof of ownership? If so register it here:

www.stolenbicycleregistry.com

This guy is sick and the recovery rate is actually quite high. I think you should put a little effort into tracking down your old bike before you make headway into buying a new one.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    its pretty much my fault for leavin it outside and not locked up

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SKOOBEY
    its pretty much my fault for leavin it outside and not locked up

Ohh yeah man not good. But still having your own property stolen should never be your fault. I hope it turns up.

Yo!
    mtbr member
    Oh bummer man.

I think you should do a build; this may actually be a blessing in disguise.

Use like $200 for a frame. Then cruise craigs, pinkbike, and ebay for the remaining parts.

My buddy built a 29er with top of the line parts for less than $800; keep in mind this is for EVERYTHING, and he was running front and rear dearaileurs. My current riding buddy built an 08 P2 for $320. I said $320. He got his frame on a no reserve ebay auction for $32, used the 26's off his XC for the time being, and spent here and there for parts for a 29lb bike.

Man I could even help you track down some parts; seriously. You just give me your preferences and I can help you put together a build list off current auctions and craigslist parts. Personally, I have a hayes 9 rear hydro w a 203mm rotor I may be able to be charitable with. I saw a craigs auction for a set of 26" rhynolites on DMR hubs for $75. Used hussefelt bars are like $12. Grips? $20 new. I saw an Odyssey jump saddle on craigs for $10 new. Seatposts are a dime a dozen. There's a set of eastern BMX pedals for $25 on craigs right now too. Headsets are like $25 for a loose ball bearing set up. Cranks are perpetually on sale and you can use something like a hussefelt for the time being. You can also ride rigid for a cheap alternative, or look for a DJ3 somewhere for cheap, or maybe buy a frame and fork combo. I know a dude on pinkbike who's selling a Sinister DNA with a Pike and a set of race face cranks for $350. Those DNA's are $800 new dude.

I'm telling you....don't be scared about building your own, there's soooo many people here to help you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    thanks man. im not sure which route im gonna take right now

Yo!
    mtbr member
    BUILD BUILD BUILD.

It's that time dude.......do it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    so what do you guys think of the new bike i posted above?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Yo!
    BUILD BUILD BUILD.

i would like to but between work and school i really don't have time to do a frame up build

mtbr member
    ok. f series bikes are insanely heavy from experience. how about getting a BMX. $500 will see you a pretty decent BMX
    i ride my bi*ch hard

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    20 inchers are too skitish too me. i need at least a 24". the F haro seems overbuilt (tough, which is good). i dont mind a little extra pork on my bike and the price is right around what i can afford

Yo!
    mtbr member
    That bike is 35.5 lbs dude. It's a park bike, not a DJ.

I'm telling you, having no time to build up is an excuse. I practically tear down my bike after every couple of rides and I work a 9-5 and go to school.

If you're afraid to build up because you don't have the tools or experience, then use this forum to your advantage. Have your LBS tackle anything you're afraid to do. I'm telling you, in the long run, if you find used parts, you'll get the experience of knowing how to do basic bike mechanics and you'll have a better bike.

Don't reach for the cheap/heavy street bikes when you really want a DJ just because you're afraid to turn a metric allen key. If I was in FL I'd personally help you put it together. Hell, I'll even give my damn phone number if you have questions, but at least consider scouting parts and building frame up.

mtbr member
    how about finding a used bike on ebay then? something like an STP, p.Series, atomlab, NS capital, NS suburban, DMR drone(?), Kona
    i ride my bi*ch hard

fear this
    I find that using chincy cable locks it the best way to get your bike stolen. Use a U-lock in conjunction with cable if you have to, but don't rely on just the cable. On-Guard makes an armored cable lock which has thwarted a few attempts to steal my bike in the past, but it's a heavy SOB.
    Norco Fluid LT
    Devinci Ollie, some goodies to lighten 'er up

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    i know a frame up build would be the best route but i just don't have time. how about a diamback lucky 24? better than the haro?
    http://www.diamondbackbmx.com/bikes/jump/lucky-24

Yo!
    mtbr member
    Whatever man.

You're posting 24" BMX bikes, not DJ's.

At least look at pinkbike. There's a P2 build up at $400 and the guy's taking offers.

Bikes Rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Yo!
    BUILD BUILD BUILD.

The guy can't even change a flat tire and you expect him to build a bike?? LOL.

Sorry about the stolen bike, that sucks. But the Haro you posted is a tankage park bike. It will not be fun to jump at all. Putting a suspension fork on that will make it ride even more horribly. The headangle does not support a 80-100mm front fork.

Best advice is to purchase a used complete. Then upgrade whatever breaks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    the lucky 24 is shown as a dj bike on thier website and the geometry looks right

Yo!
    mtbr member
    Ah you're right.

Geo's are similar.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    it looks like a good solid bike as stock to build on later but i cant find the price on db's website. anyone know how much it goes for so i can lowball my lbs?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast