And then?

New question here. Zerk fittings grease gun kit?

Turner's grese gun kit seems a bit expensive for us Canadians, considering you must add $15 USD to the $25 USD to get that kit over the border (not to mention another $5 to $7CDN just to get it off FedEx hands and delivered to your door).
    Does any of you Canadians know of other options/places to purchase this product?

BTW, Happy Canada Day to y'all !

mtbr member
    Can you find the Manitou grease gun in your neck of the woods, that is all you need. DO NOT get the Pedros grease gun whatever you do. I bought one to only throw it away. Plastic piece of sh!t.

Well Biked
    Jun 2005

Zerk gun tip

Quote Originally Posted by bigdrunk
    Can you find the Manitou grease gun in your neck of the woods, that is all you need. DO NOT get the Pedros grease gun whatever you do. I bought one to only throw it away. Plastic piece of sh!t.
    Does anyone know where to get the curved zerk gun tips that they show on Turners website? I guess I should have just ordered the complete kit from Turner, but I saw a small gun and the Manitou grease and just bought it. Seems like it is still hard to get behind the shock and in other tight areas with just the stock tip.

No, that's not phonetic
    I just got a straight one and carefully bent it around a piece of pipe. Been a long time. Don't remember where I got it. Larry maybe?
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Buy the turner product

I thought that they were going to sell me a curved tip for twenty dollars. But, they send the whole unit and frankly it works great and it would be worth it for $40. Greasing the ports takes about two minutes with the curved tip. I leave the unit in the trunk of my car for easy access.
    The bushing/zerk system is infinitely superior to the skateboard bearings used on other bikes. I like my suspension the way I like my babes ... no wobbly rear ends!!

Cheers,

Kane

Lay off the Levers
    I also had bought the short straight tip first, as the curved one was not available from Turner at the time. Check with BlueShorts, I forgot where he got his straight one. (Larry maybe?)

I pounded a curve in mine using a rubber mallet and my basement pillar.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

My cup runneth over
    Got my curved one from Larry (MHC) last year. Always good deals to be had from him.

And then?

The Turner product is....

a Dualco grease gun coupled to a Motorex/Manitou Prep M grease tube. Which should be available through several distributors/dealers around North America. I live in Montreal, Quebec and was hoping to find a nearby Dualco dealer. I guess I'd have to order one from MHC (Larry already supplied the Spot so what the hec...).
    I just hope it wouldn't too long before I get it. I'll inquire about the curved tip as you suggested (BTW, Dualco makes all kinds of grease guns).

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Here's what you need

Quote Originally Posted by TREK'ed-out!
    Turner's grese gun kit seems a bit expensive for us Canadians, considering you must add $15 USD to the $25 USD to get that kit over the border (not to mention another $5 to $7CDN just to get it off FedEx hands and delivered to your door).
    Does any of you Canadians know of other options/places to purchase this product?

BTW, Happy Canada Day to y'all !
    Got this reply from Casey.

"Local bike shop should be able to order the nozzle for you from a parts distributor called QBP. Here is the QBP part#LU6106"

Called up the shop, ordered, and had it a few days later.

You can also order directly from Dualco, but they've got a $25 minimum (3 nozzles) and you'll still probaly have the same penalties.

You might want to wash the nozzle with some degreaser before you use it. I had to pump a bunch of grease trhough mine before it stopped coming out brown.

Cheers

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by steelstump93

"Local bike shop should be able to order the nozzle for you from a parts distributor called QBP. Here is the QBP part#LU6106"

You can also order directly from Dualco, but they've got a $25 minimum (3 nozzles) and you'll still probaly have the same penalties.

You might want to wash the nozzle with some degreaser before you use it. I had to pump a bunch of grease trhough mine before it stopped coming out brown.

Cheers
    Thanks for all the helpful information everybody. Beyondbikes has the Dualco gun too, but it comes with the straight short tip.

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by steelstump93

Cheers
    I spoke to my LBS (Beyondbikes) and that part #LU6106 is a 4 and a half inch straight needle according to the picture that came up. So, I am assuming the bend is being done at Turner or at the shops that sell it.

Does any body have a good method of safely bending the needle?

on a routine expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by scepticshock
    See if Bikezilla will let you borrow his basement pillar.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrack
    See if Bikezilla will let you borrow his basement pillar.
    FedEx will need a special van for that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I got mine from the LBS....Another BIke SHop in Santa Cruz.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Evidently the needle is soft enough to bend without breaking. I used the barrel on my old park stand and a mallet. Any strong cylinder (about 2" in diameter) will work.

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shorts
    Evidently the needle is soft enough to bend without breaking. I used the barrel on my old park stand and a mallet. Any strong cylinder (about 2" in diameter) will work.
    Cool. I'm gonna order one up on Tuesday. Sounds like a snap.

Lay off the Levers
    Sounds like a snap.
    no pun intended, I hope.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Works w/o being bent.

Thanks for all the helpful information everybody. Beyondbikes has the Dualco gun too, but it comes with the straight short tip.

It might not be perfectly inline, but it is close enough to engage. Try it straight, you might not need to modify it.

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    no pun intended, I hope.
    Luckily nothing snaped! I just got the 4.5 inch needle and it bent rather easily over a pipe with a rubber mallet like Tscheezy said above. Bending the last inch or so seems to be the most critical part. Now lubing the bushings takes only a couple minutes!