mtbr member

Z1FR1/Frankenfork Q's

G'day...

Thinking about getting a set of '05 Z1FR1's in the end of year clearouts to go on my '02 RFX.

Firstly will the stock spring be OK for my 11st (fully dressed inc camelbak) weight. If not, how much/what tuning will I need to do? (I do a mix of trail and FR stuff)

Secondly is it possible to fit the TAS sytem from an AM1 into the Z1? Not after a ZAM1 as such, but being able to shorten the fork (whilst still being active) would have its uses.

Thank y'all....

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Edwards
    G'day...

Thinking about getting a set of '05 Z1FR1's in the end of year clearouts to go on my '02 RFX.

Firstly will the stock spring be OK for my 11st (fully dressed inc camelbak) weight. If not, how much/what tuning will I need to do? (I do a mix of trail and FR stuff)

Secondly is it possible to fit the TAS sytem from an AM1 into the Z1? Not after a ZAM1 as such, but being able to shorten the fork (whilst still being active) would have its uses.

Thank y'all....
    Yes the TAS will work - Tscheezy is using this setup.

11st = 154lbs???

You will most likely be ok with the stock spring (only spring available) and only use little to no air Preload.
    Nothing to see here.

striker!
    I'm selling my '05ZAM1. Send me a PM.

S

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by superstock
    I'm selling my '05ZAM1. Send me a PM.

S
    I'm very interested - PM'ed you.