Thread: Your thoughts?

Knollician

Your thoughts?

Ok, here is the deal. I purchased a Yeti 575 in December. Love the bike, rides great. It has dramatically improved my skills. The group of guys I ride with primarily consists of 575's and 6 Packs. So after drooling over the Turners, I've got the wife convinced that I need one to take the next step.

So here's the problem. I have been lurking for a while, and have read many, many, many posts comparing TNT and HL. I spoke to Krispy at Go-Ride today and he has 1 HL and several TNT's. So which do I do? The TNT is stiffer, and the first 4" of travel is identical to the HL version. Krispy also mentioned that the TNT will settle a little into it's travel a bit when hard braking which helps keep the rear down, which is helpful on super steep decents. And of course, the HL is great for so many reasons. None of the guys I ride with have the TNT version, so I can't get any info from them on the situation.

So I ride in Phoenix, very technical, slow climbing, and really rough decending. So I would imagine that the HL option is better for me. I am looking for a plush ride with cat-like climbing ability.

What do the experts think? HL, TNT, or shut up and buy a Turner already? I am not asking for reviews, just which would you choose for my situation and why.

Thanks for the help, can't wait to become a homer

No, that's not phonetic
    I am going to switch my 6-Pack over to TNT, I am just waiting on the parts from Turner. The TNT and HL versions ride so similarly it is hard to pick one, but I would tend to agree with Krispy if I had to nit-pic.

Do you notice negative behavior from your Yeti? They are very similarly executed swingarms to the TNT bikes. Of course the linkages driving the shocks are super different so they are hard to compare in overall suspension, but from a braking standpoint do you find the 575 lacking? If so, consider a HL Turner if you can find one. If not, get the TNT.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    What do the experts think? HL, TNT, or shut up and buy a Turner already?
    You got it. After riding the TNT I know that it really doesn't amount to very much difference.
    Life....the original terminal illness

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    I am going to switch my 6-Pack over to TNT, I am just waiting on the parts from Turner. The TNT and HL versions ride so similarly it is hard to pick one, but I would tend to agree with Krispy if I had to nit-pic.

Do you notice negative behavior from your Yeti? They are very similarly executed swingarms to the TNT bikes. Of course the linkages driving the shocks are super different so they are hard to compare in overall suspension, but from a braking standpoint do you find the 575 lacking? If so, consider a HL Turner if you can find one. If not, get the TNT.
    I do not notice anything negative from the Yeti, that is a great point. The one major reason I like the Turner is the DHX Coil. I have an AM1 on the front, and I love the coil. I am willing to sacrifice some weight for the ride. Also, I am beginning to become more confident, so bigger drops are on the Horizon for me, and I just don't think a 6 pound 6" travel bike will take continuous punishment.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    heres a idea. pick a color and enjoy. say hi to s. mtn. for me. i was home 2 weeks ago yet couldnt ride due to the circumstances of the visit but i did look longingly up at one of my fave places on earth at every oppertunity and dreamed of riding there again soon.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Knollician
    You got that right! SOMO is heaven!