Bon Vie

Cool-blue Rhythm Yesss!....she's here - 5 Spot

My new 5 Spot has arrived and I've decided to join in the Turner fun. Have monitored the posts for a few weeks now and thanks to you all for the insightful info. Have attached a pic and hope it works. Will build up with: Talas RLC, XT fr & XTR rear derailleurs, '02 XTR cranks, Crossmax Enduro discs, Thomson seatpost, Easton stem & monkeylite crbon bar, XT shifter/levers, Avid mechanical disc brakes. Woohoo..........BTW, mega thanks to the guys @ 123Bikes for swapping the painted rear for the polished!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

banned
    That has to be a new all time low in bike pictures.

It's not even a mundane "bike leaning against a couch/fence/car/tree/house" picture but merely a frame in a stand.

Scintillating!

Mashers Only!!
    I like it

HUGH

Trail Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by PoKev
    My new 5 Spot has arrived and I've decided to join in the Turner fun. Have monitored the posts for a few weeks now and thanks to you all for the insightful info. Have attached a pic and hope it works. Will build up with: Talas RLC, XT fr & XTR rear derailleurs, '02 XTR cranks, Crossmax Enduro discs, Thomson seatpost, Easton stem & monkeylite crbon bar, XT shifter/levers, Avid mechanical disc brakes. Woohoo..........BTW, mega thanks to the guys @ 123Bikes for swapping the painted rear for the polished!!!
    Nice Pics. I like the polished rear end better than the painted. My rear ends get dinged by rocks and a polished rear can be made to look new again fast. I like the look . Those Turner stickers look good with that color.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Great looking frame. Part spec looks pricey but good and light.

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro
    Nice Pics. I like the polished rear end better than the painted. My rear ends get dinged by rocks and a polished rear can be made to look new again fast. I like the look . Those Turner stickers look good with that color.
    I had polished on my RFX and right now the seat and chain stays are on their way back from the powder coater. I intend to cover the tubes with mylar. It'll protect against rubbing (i wear a size 13 ) and light scratches and rock chips. Can't see it either

Bon Vie

Cool-blue Rhythm Parts spec

Most of the parts are coming from my old mount ('00 Heckler), so don't notice much of an expense. Will post pics of the finished product when she's ready.

Bon Vie

... and if we just ... Now she's complete

Quote Originally Posted by PoKev
    At last!!!!!!! She's gotta ticket to ride (with appologies to the Beatles). Just picked her up today and barring the rain in the forecast I'll get in a ride tomorrow. Let me know what you think........BTW these are the backup wheels, the Enduros have not arrived (do I mind.............nahhhh!).
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nice...sweet ride! My build is going to look very similar.

Hey, gotta a question for you. What derailur and seatpost diameter did you need? Sourcing parts right now.

Thanks,
    Matt

Bon Vie

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by Lambone
    Nice...sweet ride! My build is going to look very similar.

Hey, gotta a question for you. What derailur and seatpost diameter did you need? Sourcing parts right now.

Thanks,
    Matt

Matt,

Thanks for the kind words. Seatpost is 27.2 and front derailleur is 34.9 TPBS. Enjoy your new 5 Spot and post some pics when it's ready.

Live to Ride, Ride to Live............

eat my pantaloons
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    That has to be a new all time low in bike pictures.

It's not even a mundane "bike leaning against a couch/fence/car/tree/house" picture but merely a frame in a stand.

Scintillating!

Hello? Is that not the pot calling the kettle black?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by erol
    Hello? Is that not the pot calling the kettle black?
    Uh, no, it's not.

Do you need someone to buy you a clue?