banned

XCE Burner 4" rocker comparison question

Can you guys that made the conversion feel a difference? How has the handling on various terrains changed?

Does it change BB height at all?

How has your tuning of the various rear shocks changed? I have a PP Float R.

Bite Me.
    I assume you are asking about running the Paul Components XR rockers on the Burner...there is a noticable change in ride quality - more compliant on small stuff, less "firm feeling" overall if that makes sense, but not wallowing in the travel either - it's subtle but better IMO. With the 4" fork, the overall ride feels more balanced.

The added length of the rockers adds leverage to the linkage, so you need to run a little more pressure in the shock. No change in the BB height or overall geometry, but you will probably need to run new cable to the rear derailleur and brakes to compensate for the additional distance (about an inch) from the taco to the seatstays. I highly recommend the conversion unless you want to keep the Burner in predominantly XC mode.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Shot Down in Flames...
    I would second everything cutthroat said with the exception that I didn't think it was as subtle. I thought it transformed the bike from harsh to plush.

I hit almost 30 mph (29.5) coming down Bear Creek through the rocks and the rear handled it beautifully.

D.

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Rock
    I would second everything cutthroat said with the exception that I didn't think it was as subtle. I thought it transformed the bike from harsh to plush.

I hit almost 30 mph (29.5) coming down Bear Creek through the rocks and the rear handled it beautifully.

D.
    Ditto - to an extent. I came off an NRS so I thought the stock Burner was plush in comparison. Buuuuut it was not uncommon for me to go through all the travel on the Burner. The XR rockers make the ride more plush all around without feeling mushy.

I did the Bear Creek run D-Rock talked about earlier this summer before the new rockers and Sunday with him. The bike does take hits better and still handles great. It didn't really change the top speed I hit (broke 30 on the first trip) but it did ride smoother. There are plenty of ruts, rocks, creek crossings, and small drops on the way down.
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred