Fragile

New question here. X-Post: X.9 Trigger Rebuild instructions / Diagram?

Originally posted on SRAM, but I know a lot of Homers use these too:

X.9 Trigger Rebuild instructions / Diagram?

Maybe this is a sign that I need to upgrade to X.0 and use these as backup?
    "It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worth while, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat.'"

-- Judge Smails

Bite Me.
    It's a *****, but it can be done. I had to disassemble mine when the rubber cable plug wouldn't unthread. There are no schematics that I am aware of, but the bent portion of the fine coil spring that attaches to the thumb lever fits in a small hole on the gear indicator mechanism (watch out for the orange printed indicator number sheet slipping out). it's easiest if you activate the gear lever to get it in the highest gear (9 or 1/granny depending on the lever you're working on). The lower housing case/cover can then be snapped onto the lever housing body once the spring is in the mounting hole. It's just a plain PITA, but I managed to get it right after about an hour - it was the most aggravating cable change I ever did.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Here is a link with pics to rebuild a SRAM X9 shifter. It saved me once so I am happy to pass it along. Good luck and it hope it helps.

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=...hlight=shifter

Bite Me.
    God - I wish I had that when I needed it! Nice link.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Fragile

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Driggs
    Here is a link with pics to rebuild a SRAM X9 shifter. It saved me once so I am happy to pass it along. Good luck and it hope it helps.

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=...hlight=shifter
    Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for! My issue was deep in the 'belly' of the shifter, and I could not figure out the order everything was supposed to be in. This should help. With any luck, I should be riding in a few hours!

Homers to the rescue!
    "It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worth while, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat.'"

-- Judge Smails

Fragile
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Smith
    With any luck, I should be riding in a few hours!
    Well, as luck would have it. . .it's gotta go back to SRAM after all. The diagram was great, and helped me get everything back where it should be. But, when I opened it up, there were damaged parts. I tried to straighten things back out as much as possible and put it back together. It will 'shift' now which is better than before. . .but it's shifting leaves a lot to be desired.

-- Judge Smails

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    i may be too late here but theres this:
    http://www.visionmtb.com/forumvb/showthread.php?t=6904
    hope yer woes are soon behind ya.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Fragile
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    i may be too late here but theres this:
    http://www.visionmtb.com/forumvb/showthread.php?t=6904
    hope yer woes are soon behind ya.
    Thanks CC! You inspired me to give it one more college try. I spent a lot more time bending back the springs, cleaning, and greasing things this time and not it works pretty well! It still needs a new spring inside, but at least now I can go ride today.

I guess I will still use this as an opportunity to buy some bling though: I am going to order the X.0's and slap those on my Turner when they come. Then I will send this back to SRAM for a proper fixing and use it as backup or put it on my tandem that hopefully some day I will be ordering from Sherwood.

Thanks again everyone!

-- Judge Smails

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    no worries pal.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Turner Homer
    I also had mine apart last week, and I too could not figure out for an hour how the damm thing went back togeather. I wish i had that link at the time.
    Dave

Fragile
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrek4500
    I also had mine apart last week, and I too could not figure out for an hour how the damm thing went back together. I wish i had that link at the time.
    Dave
    Yeah, now that I know, it's really quite simple. The last time I took it apart and reassembled (with cleaning and greasing) it took me less than 10 minutes. Both of the links above were quite helpful.
    Last edited by Mountain_Smith; 03-16-2006 at 10:37 PM.

-- Judge Smails

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    i could not figure it out the before and called SRAM they took one off the shelf took it apart and walked me through it step by step over the phone. Took less than 5 min to do.

Cannondale Maros Team
    DO you have something similar for a 2009 X.9? I could find anything