Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    destination unknown
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,520

    X-Mas 5 Spot Video Stoke [oo]<

    Here's some footage my nephew shot following me on the Hahn Buena Vista trail above Palm Springs, CA. This was one of the descents on our ride yesterday. We ended up massing 19 miles and 4000' of vert. It was a great day in the desert and the Spot was the perfect weapon.



    Best viewed full screen, scaling off.

    Merry Christmas

  2. #2
    Nothing can stop me now
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    949
    Thanks for the stoke. Right before santa comes too.

    Bobo

  3. #3
    Arrrghhh!!!
    Reputation: insighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    235
    Thanks for posting-- looks like a fun trail.
    I found myself lifting my head up as I watched, and was trying to follow the rider in front of you (and beyond).
    The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.
    William James

  4. #4
    destination unknown
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,520
    Quote Originally Posted by insighter View Post
    Thanks for posting-- looks like a fun trail.
    I found myself lifting my head up as I watched, and was trying to follow the rider in front of you (and beyond).
    Thanks! I know, I was doing the same thing editing the video. Next time we'll get the camera pointed up a little higher. That's me in the front with my nephew following on his Nomad.

  5. #5
    destination unknown
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,520
    Here's another edit from our final descent of the day. We were pretty spent by this time but Garrett was still able to get after it toward the bottom. Good ride in the desert


  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    956
    Great videos! Thanks for posting!

  7. #7
    Weapon of Choice
    Reputation: Iceman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    740
    Awesome videos Lance!

    Super Unknown

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,214
    Thanks for the Christmas stoke. Sitting here with 12-14 inches of snow and temps in the single digits so that rocky dry terrain looks really good right now.

    Good stuff.

  9. #9
    destination unknown
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,520
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypso View Post
    what camera/software do you use?
    The camera is a GoPro 3. I edited these on Windows Live Movie Maker.


    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Thanks for the Christmas stoke. Sitting here with 12-14 inches of snow and temps in the single digits so that rocky dry terrain looks really good right now.

    Good stuff.
    Thanks for the comments. I'm not sure how people do it in cold climates. It was in the low 40's on this mornings ride and I thought that was cold.

  10. #10
    destination unknown
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,520
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypso View Post
    Thx, what resolution?
    The raw was shot in 1080, I rendered the edit in 1080 and Vimeo converts it to 720 once uploaded.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nybike1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,831
    Quote Originally Posted by LncNuvue View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I'm not sure how people do it in cold climates. It was in the low 40's on this mornings ride and I thought that was cold.
    Thanks for the stoke! Looks like a really fun trail with some good steep chutes.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dude!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,338
    I enjoyed the videos - thanks!!!

  13. #13
    striker!
    Reputation: superstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    610
    Fun looking trails and filmed at good speed!

    Thanks for posting.

    Maybe this will inspire me to get my edits together from my summer ride footy

    -S

  14. #14
    Nothing can stop me now
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    949
    [QUOTE=LncNuvue;10009580


    Thanks for the comments. I'm not sure how people do it in cold climates. It was in the low 40's on this mornings ride and I thought that was cold.[/QUOTE]

    totally agree with this. High of 60 or so today in Phoenix but it was never warm on my ride starting at 2pm today. Can't wait for February!

    Bobo

  15. #15
    destination unknown
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,520
    Quote Originally Posted by nybike1971 View Post
    Thanks for the stoke! Looks like a really fun trail with some good steep chutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude! View Post
    I enjoyed the videos - thanks!!!
    Thanks for the comments fellas. If you ever want to escape the cold, rain and snow for some prime desert xc/trail come on out

    Quote Originally Posted by superstock View Post
    Fun looking trails and filmed at good speed!

    Thanks for posting.

    Maybe this will inspire me to get my edits together from my summer ride footy

    -S
    Thanks! Let's see that footage SS.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,214
    Quote Originally Posted by LncNuvue View Post
    . I'm not sure how people do it in cold climates. It was in the low 40's on this mornings ride and I thought that was cold.
    I live vicariously through guys like you who post these awesome reports and vids, I head South as often as I can, and when really desparate I just ride in it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X-Mas 5 Spot Video Stoke [oo]&lt;-sedona-zul.jpg  


  17. #17
    destination unknown
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,520
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    I live vicariously through guys like you who post these awesome reports and vids, I head South as often as I can, and when really desparate I just ride in it.
    Great photo! Next time I head to Sedona I'll ping you - maybe we can meet up.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,214
    Quote Originally Posted by LncNuvue View Post
    Great photo! Next time I head to Sedona I'll ping you - maybe we can meet up.
    Likewise. That sounds good.

    My son is heading to graduate school in SoCal next fall so I'll have reason to head that way too. Would love to see some of these trails in person some time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •