Ouch, I am hot!

X.7 Triggers on 5-Spot With Bash Guard

Anyone run these? I broke my front der. grip shifter and had to replace quickly with an X.7 for my weekend trip. I am running a bash guard up front and do not know how to get rid of the third click on the shfter. That is, I have two gears up front and three clicks on the trigger. I suck at der. adjustments and this was my first ever self-install of shifters and cables.
    I AM JUST A JERK

Bodhisattva
    you need to pull in the high front deraileur stop. I'm running the two ring setup with SRAM triggers and have the FD adjusted so that it can't shift to a 3rd ring. Just take a screwdriver and tighten the high limit screw until it's set right.
    Life....the original terminal illness

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirdir
    Anyone run these? I broke my front der. grip shifter and had to replace quickly with an X.7 for my weekend trip. I am running a bash guard up front and do not know how to get rid of the third click on the shfter. That is, I have two gears up front and three clicks on the trigger. I suck at der. adjustments and this was my first ever self-install of shifters and cables.
    With a small screwdriver adjust the H stop on your front d so it doesn't allow shifts out of the middle. All your'e doing is resetting the stop for the middle ring instead of the big ring. You'll have to do a few micro adjusts to make sure you don't get any chain rub so test the bike in a stand or ride around and shift through all your combos and then adjust accordingly.

If everything is already working correctly you won't have to use the barrel adjuster on the new shifter to adjust. You just need to get the stop set correctly on the front d.