Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

worse than rain...

485 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Mr Bling 
#1 ·
Hunting season!

I live near a national park and the wildlife is numerous and so are the hunters.

Hunters are territorial, therefore I have to wear my "back-to-the-90's" supa flashy jacket. Just so as not to be mistaken for a target. Although not threatening they try to make you feel like it's not a good idea to venture into the woods.

The most dangerous part is the wildlife itself. They are scared and run like mad, today I had a hord of 6 wild boars cut my trail about 10 meters in front of me. I can tell you that: I have never ever been that fast, my legs were spinning and my lungs were burning and yet I kept on speeding away.

Anyway, at least I don't have the kind of wildlife Tscheezy has.... :rolleyes:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
we had those or somethin alot like it in arizona only the teeth were huge and jutted out from jaws over the lips for all to see. we call em javalinas. stinky bastages! phew! you can smell em way before ya see em. not a good idea to get between a mom and her kids. they get a little agressive about that. had one literally chase me down the pavement durring a road ride once. glad i was goin 40 and cresting a hill at the time. fast buggers they are! kinda cute and cuddely lookin when theyre young huh? when they grow up.... well not so much.

#3 ·
cactuscorn said:
we had those or somethin alot like it in arizona only the teeth were huge and jutted out from jaws over the lips for all to see. we call em javalinas. stinky bastages! phew! you can smell em way before ya see em. not a good idea to get between a mom and her kids. they get a little agressive about that. had one literally chase me down the pavement durring a road ride once. glad i was goin 40 and cresting a hill at the time. fast buggers they are! kinda cute and cuddely lookin when theyre young huh? when they grow up.... well not so much.
When hiking with friends last year we literally walked on a mother and three babies. Strangely enough she ran away and let the poor things hang back. They were the sweetest things.

And yes those have reverse fangs as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.