mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Words of wisdom for this holiday season

Always look on the bright side of life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCWw6W5NEa8&NR=1

edit: Woody Allen wasn't as amusing as I thought it might be.
    Last edited by xcguy; 12-24-2007 at 10:58 AM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Words of wisdom? Woody Allen?! Does not compute, smoke out ears......

Since I have no worthy quotes to add I had to do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    in fact for trail type bikes I am tired of QR roady shite in general. Lets move on.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Here's what I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by skunkty14
    Words of wisdom? Woody Allen?! Does not compute, smoke out ears......

Since I have no worthy quotes to add I had to do something.
    I saw "Take The Money and Run" one of Woody's first films and thought it was hilarious. The line I quoted was from the beginning of the movie and I've been telling it to friends for months. Thought you all would like to hear it. At least, that was what I was thinking. Words of wisdom? Wellll....
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Dont eat yellow snow.

Rolling
    I thought for Christmas, we are suppose to sing songs that have messages.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    I saw "Take The Money and Run" one of Woody's first films and thought it was hilarious. The line I quoted was from the beginning of the movie and I've been telling it to friends for months. Thought you all would like to hear it. At least, that was what I was thinking. Words of wisdom? Wellll....
    I was just giving you a hard time. IMHO Woody Allen isn't all he's cracked up to be, though I will agree his earlier stuff is better. The quote is pretty funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    in fact for trail type bikes I am tired of QR roady shite in general. Lets move on.

29 some of the time...
    Nice lidarman

Throw the sheep line in there and all of the sudden it gets topical for the Turner board
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    wow.....is the new definition of Homer he who flexes the biggest aetheist muscle? so is anti-God (though if you don't believe in God I guess you cant really be anti-God) replacing 29ers are the trendy thing? Just wondering or are you bitter an lonely during the holidays and this is one way for people to vent?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Lidarman, that's what I'm talking about

I recorded two hours of old South Park Christmas programs--Mr. Hankey was the main character. I can't help but laugh every time he says "Howdy Ho!" There were so many quotes from those programs...and I can't remember any of them. Check out this Mr. Hankey sing-a-long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwvA8ppfscQ

And "Christmas Time in He!l"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg7MlWxB0Zo

And how do you just paste the video like lidarman did if you don't use Outlook?
    Last edited by xcguy; 12-23-2007 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    I recorded two hours of old South Park Christmas programs--Mr. Hankey was the main character. I can't help but laugh every time he says "Howdy Ho!" There were so many quotes from those programs...and I can't remember any of them. Check out this Mr. Hankey sing-a-long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwvA8ppfscQ

And how do you just paste the video like lidarman did if you don't use Outlook?
    there goes xcghey again, becoming a sheep on yet another front with the other homers who dont know any better...."gee, look at me, I too dont believe in God. Can I join your gang? Hey Lidarman, I even went out an bought a Darwinian reptile eating a fish for my car....its really swell"

HIKE!
    Wow, Fo's interpretation of Lidarman's post is just the opposite of my take. It would appear to me that Lidarman is a devout, Bible thumping, prayer service attending, old school religious zealot. Warning us at this time of year, that God is watching, judging and will apply retribution to mortals should they stray.

It is obvious Lidarman firmly believes in God. The scary old school God of the Old Testament.

I guess I did not realize how profound the Church of Youtube really was

HIKE!
    Surely, no one thinks Youtube to be a "profound Church", but the message of that little video is surely disturbing. To think that there is a omniscient being judging us, and that will "F" us up is sorta scary. I'd rather not believe in that. I feel sorry for Bible thumpers like Lidarman that they have to constantly walk in fear of retribution from on high.

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    I wish God would turn Fo into a pillar of salt.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

Large member
    Nothing to add in terms of words of wisdom (surprise ) but I noticed that sheep have been mentioned twice in this thread. Thanks.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Look at Fo going all Billy Graham on his ass, taking the high road, I would quote him on my sig but that's just lame

Merry Chrismas ya *****es!

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Lets not lose perspective here people, are all homers so smug? Christmas time is for over-endulging on material things, racking up debt, and celebrating the birth of a mythical historical figure more than loosely based on the Egyptian sun god Horus.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

Roy
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado
    celebrating the birth of a mythical historical figure more than loosely based on the Egyptian sun god Horus.
    Actually there's far more evidence supporting the existence of said "mythical historical figure" than there is of Julius Caeser. Shall we lump Julius in the myths of lore?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Always look on the bright side of life

edit: see above
    Last edited by xcguy; 12-24-2007 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Look at Fo going all Billy Graham on his ass, taking the high road, I would quote him on my sig but that's just lame

Merry Chrismas ya *****es!
    dont worry rroeder, i prayed for you in Church yesterday.

It should also be noted that about 90% of homosexuals dont believe in God so it is all making sense now why so many homers roll that way.

Merry Christmas!

rr
    I don't do PC
    That other 10% must be miserable considering what they have to look forward to

mtbr member

Words of wisdom?

The Dude abides.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy
    Actually there's far more evidence supporting the existence of said "mythical historical figure" than there is of Julius Caeser. Shall we lump Julius in the myths of lore?
    Oh Roy, where have you been? Why be gone so long? You're commentary never ceses to add cheer to my day...
    Bicycles have no walls.
    -Paul Cornish

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Again..."words of wisdom"? Nah, just something else

In the spirit of a humorous Christmas (and in case you've never heard this)--"Santa Claus and His Old Lady".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSH9ryRzHQ4