No, that's not phonetic

Cool-blue Rhythm Winter camo, part deux. A.k.a. More Fo than Fo.

Renny and I are swapping 66 lowers. The white look so faux schnitzel! I dig em.

It's not gonna stay clean for long :

I picked up one of those $99 santa cruz shocks. You know what's freaky? I'm actually really liking the swinger. It pedals great and is actually very plush on the Pack. Weird:

Barny was groovin too:

My video techniques can be found in this thread.

thats right living legend
    I gotta say... those lowers really do look HAWT on that bike!!!!!!

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    even better after a little jnc treatment and a flame job. nice!

is barney ok with you bein fo's girl? hehe.
    No, I'm NOT back!

trail fairy
    I knew you'd come around T so it'll be a matter of time before ya have some white diety bars and stem, dam shell be hawt i see ya got FOs saddle
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

No, that's not phonetic
    I really didn't want to swap lowers, but I needed to redeem myself after all the doubters in this thread.

Displaying UGI Symptoms
    Looking good Tscheezy! White on white is allright! - my choice as well.
    24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
    - Stephen Wright

AW_
    locked - time out
    Nice kickstand. Suprised you went for the organic version and not titanium.

Weapon of Choice
    Sweet lookin ride Cheezy

mtbr member

Air Pack

I have been running the RP3 on my pack and love the way it rides. Too me it has a lot more trail feel then the dhx-c. Also swapped the 66 with a Pike. It feels more like my spot...just meaner

Chris

Neg reppers r my biatches
    starting to get there. stem is still not nearly as nice as a deity but not bad....not bad

No, that's not phonetic
    One of the most surprising things for me on the Swinger was what pressure I run. On the Pack with the DHX Air, I need 230-250 psi for bottoming protection. In Utah, hitting drops, I needed more like 260 psi. The large volume air can is just a bit too linear right up to the end with such a high leverage bike. The smaller volume RP3 can lets me drop the pressure down to 210-220 psi. The shaft diameter and air can volume on the Swinger seem to resemble the DHX Air, so I figured I'd be running high pressures in the Swinger too. Nope. I only need 160 psi, and the spring rate curve is super nice on the 6-Pack. Ironically I hated most of the Swingers that were on bikes at the IBike dirt demo, but I have to say that this was $100 very well spent.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Slighty OT Tscheeze, but which model Time pedals are those? I'm trying to figure out which ones to put on my RFX.

No, that's not phonetic
    Aliums. I have basically every model of Times. The XS are great and I use them on most bikes, but the carbon (read as: plastic) body seems a little wimpy and I broke one in half once. I also have some Z-Controls (the platform version) but they are overkill and pretty chunky. The Aliums are dirt cheap and hold up well. A good middleground between the XS and Z's.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    I agree. I have the XS Carbon and XS Carbon-Ti on my other 2 bikes, but I wanted more platform and burliness on the RFX. I was going to get the Z's, but it seems like a little overkill. I think the Aliums may be the ticket.

Thanks for the info.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Looks good, nice stem! I had the same thoughts on the Swinger for my Burner, I got that model as a warranty replacement for the original 3way that came on the Burner. It rides much nicer and I also ran much lower psi, actually I ran the same psi in the SPV chamber but 135 compared to 175 in the main chamber.

Outcast
    those lowers look great with your white frame. I don't believe they would have looked as nice on my black frame, but that is because of my sense of fashion I suppose. Between the black lowers I have now, and the lowers you are sending me, I'll be covered for whatever paint scheme I choose to go with this winter:

Team Sanchez
    Hey Tscheez I thought you were running the Hone crankset. What happended?

No, that's not phonetic
    My townie bike's isis bb blew up so I did some crank swapping. That's all.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Really nice fully-white RFX....

Interesting comments on the swinger... keep us posted

No, that's not phonetic
    I do see a little bit of a trend here. I have DHX coils and Swinger 3-Way Airs in both 7.5 x 2.0 and 7.875 x 2.25 sizes, and in both instances I like the feel of the longer shocks on the Pack hands down. It seems to me it's more than getting another 0.75" of travel. Much more. You start in a slightly different position of the linkage and also end in a slightly differnt point compared to the stock shocks. You are following the same rate curve, but begin at an earlier point and end earlier. The longer shocks may also do a better job when displacing more oil or something. I don't know the details, I just know the results are superb.

Outcast
    longer stroke shocks = yummy feeling. There's my technical summary of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    My townie bike's isis bb blew up so I did some crank swapping. That's all.
    phew! and thank you tscheezy for switching cranks....the last thing i want is more overlap of bike part with you than necessary. My Hones will be ok then i guess.

No, that's not phonetic
    Faux, I recommend you put a 66SL on your Pack. I also recommend I9 wheels.

<stupid double post!>

CRAP!

Paging Chad!

at least you didnt recommend manly brakes....that was a close one as those were just put on.

trail fairy
    Any pics yet FO

Red Couch shots not of BZ or CC or other Homies dude homerrettes maybe

"reality check"

* Frame

* build in progress

Go the chad to hook ya up some RF atlas dude theres only myself and some running em everyone else is on XTs or Hone

Wheres the speccs list

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    tscheezy I do see a little bit of a trend here. I have DHX coils and Swinger 3-Way Airs in both 7.5 x 2.0 and 7.875 x 2.25 sizes, and in both instances I like the feel of the longer shocks on the Pack hands down. It seems to me it's more than getting another 0.75" of travel. Much more. You start in a slightly different position of the linkage and also end in a slightly differnt point compared to the stock shocks. You are following the same rate curve, but begin at an earlier point and end earlier. The longer shocks may also do a better job when displacing more oil or something. I don't know the details, I just know the results are superb.
    Hay cheez so when ya gonna spend some time on a CCDB at the right length,

you running a 600# I'm around 200lbs and Im on a 550lb is this due to the extra length more leverage on yr 7inch pack? just interested, my shock feels amazing but I'm wanting a ti spring and Im thinking 550 or 600 not sure yet which way to go still early days on this shock and I haven't bottomed it yet must be close

Wheres A72 been hes been quiet lately had hoped he'd chime in with some ccdb info.

the pack is looking good T with the snow flakes on the rims they almost look snow camo like

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Outcast
    TA, I found you some handlebars for your RFX, should you feel the need for a fashion change:

trail fairy
    cheers Rene that whole setup looks HAWT id never say never cause I think those bars would look great on my RFX with the Diety stem and white 66 lowers but like the stiffness my diety bars give me plus i haven't been getting any arm pump or sore shoulders so something must be working

those transitions have really grown on me, im a devot Homie through and through, but I know a certain mtbr handle whos getting a bottle rocket so I look forward to his first shake down ride with his lyrik (not suck down I hope) and my RFX should be interesting

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

No, that's not phonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Hay cheez so when ya gonna spend some time on a CCDB at the right length,

you running a 600# I'm around 200lbs and Im on a 550lb is this due to the extra length more leverage on yr 7inch pack?
    The linkage determines the leverage, not the shock itself. The leverage does not change when you put a longer shock on, the travel just goes up. I run the same spring in either size shock. You probably want a 600# spring unless the CCDB's damping changes the standard spring formula.

I've ridden CCDB's twice now and frankly was not impressed either time. The second time the guys at Cane Creek were standing there and I asked them if the shock was set up correctly for me, what sort of tuning bias it had, if that was the correct spring, etc. I gave them EVERY opportunity to make sure it would be as it should be. But it sucked. Larry and El Beastro agreed. Some companies just don't want you to like their stuff it seems.

trail fairy
    The linkage determines the leverage, not the shock itself. The leverage does not change when you put a longer shock on, the travel just goes up. I run the same spring in either size shock. You probably want a 600# spring unless the CCDB's damping changes the standard spring formula.

I've ridden CCDB's twice now and frankly was not impressed either time. The second time the guys at Cane Creek were standing there and I asked them if the shock was set up correctly for me, what sort of tuning bias it had, if that was the correct spring, etc. I gave them EVERY opportunity to make sure it would be as it should be. But it sucked. Larry and El Beastro agreed. Some companies just don't want you to like their stuff it seems.
    Ah yes I think where on the same page, I am surprised at yr coments on the ccdb quite different from A72 and others who have changed to it Ive ridden the dhx c from my RFX on the Spot and its quite good, but the ccdb on my RFX has been something else, I guess where all different so like different things I think ya right on the spring though Im intending to go bigger as I get more comfortable on the RFX so 600lbs is probably a good call
    cheers T

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Wicketed

phew...

...that's a relief. i just got hold of some white z1 lights for my white 6 pack, and was concerned i was becoming a faux fo. but now tcheezy has entered the albino game i feel almost normal
    'I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell that rings, and things to make it look good' - Syd B

Alaska Turner Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by swan lee
    i just got hold of some white z1 lights for my white 6 pack, and was concerned i was becoming a faux fo. but now tcheezy has entered the albino game i feel almost normal
    Almost feeling normal now too, fee fi faux shizzle fum! I'm sensing a trend here.....

Rando
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

trail fairy
    ...that's a relief. i just got hold of some white z1 lights for my white 6 pack, and was concerned i was becoming a faux fo. but now tcheezy has entered the albino game i feel almost normal
    Almost feeling normal now too, fee fi faux shizzle fum! I'm sensing a trend here.....

Rando
    Thats Homer pressure working for ya

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

indeed.....black forks are definitely for chicks.

Wicketed

albino homer pressure:

okay, who's first???

'I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell that rings, and things to make it look good' - Syd B

Quote Originally Posted by swan lee
    okay, who's first???

forgot about those....no doubt, i would look even cooler at the trailhead before coming up with an excuse to not be able to ride.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    indeed.....black forks are definitely for chicks.
    Who 'r' U calling a chick, biatch?
    I'm thinking these syncros pedals go better with my silver and black color scheme:

trail fairy
    and then<table style="width: 212px; height: 249px;" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="pageHeading" valign="top" width="70%">
    </td><td class="pageHeading" align="right" valign="top" width="30%">
    </td></tr><tr><td class="smallText" colspan="2" align="center" valign="top"><table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="smallText" align="center"><script language="javascript" type="***************"><!-- document.write('
    Click To Enlarge
    ');//--></script></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Who 'r' U calling a chick, biatch?
    I'm thinking these syncros pedals go better with my silver and black color scheme:

i gotta say....Syncros new stuff is psick! they really revamped that company. cool to talk to.....seem like they have great customer service. Hard to imagine them as being a Ritchey company but i suppose ultimately a good thing possibly. My club is sponsored by them so i get wholesale Ritchey/Syncros stuff so maybe I will try a pair....at least for a single picture while i sport some brand new 5.10 shoes

J_B
    3056-BigGameHunter
    I'm not a big Zocchi fan but that is the bizzzzomb.
    PipeHittersUnion

e.thirteen,EVOMO,IntenseCycles,Maxxis,ODI,SDG,661