Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Winter camo, part deux. A.k.a. More Fo than Fo.

2K views 40 replies 17 participants last post by  J_B 
#1 ·
Renny and I are swapping 66 lowers. The white look so faux schnitzel! I dig em.

It's not gonna stay clean for long :D :

I picked up one of those $99 santa cruz shocks. You know what's freaky? I'm actually really liking the swinger. It pedals great and is actually very plush on the Pack. Weird:

Barny was groovin too:

See less See more
#27 ·
tscheezy I do see a little bit of a trend here. I have DHX coils and Swinger 3-Way Airs in both 7.5 x 2.0 and 7.875 x 2.25 sizes, and in both instances I like the feel of the longer shocks on the Pack hands down. It seems to me it's more than getting another 0.75" of travel. Much more. You start in a slightly different position of the linkage and also end in a slightly differnt point compared to the stock shocks. You are following the same rate curve, but begin at an earlier point and end earlier. The longer shocks may also do a better job when displacing more oil or something. I don't know the details, I just know the results are superb.
Hay cheez so when ya gonna spend some time on a CCDB:thumbsup: at the right length,

you running a 600# I'm around 200lbs and Im on a 550lb is this due to the extra length more leverage on yr 7inch pack? just interested, my shock feels amazing but I'm wanting a ti spring and Im thinking 550 or 600 not sure yet which way to go still early days on this shock and I haven't bottomed it yet must be close:D

Wheres A72 been hes been quiet lately had hoped he'd chime in with some ccdb info.

the pack is looking good T with the snow flakes on the rims they almost look snow camo like:D

#29 ·
cheers Rene that whole setup looks HAWT id never say never cause I think those bars would look great on my RFX with the Diety stem and white 66 lowers:D but like the stiffness my diety bars give me plus i haven't been getting any arm pump or sore shoulders so something must be working:)

those transitions have really grown on me, im a devot Homie through and through, but I know a certain mtbr handle whos getting a bottle rocket so I look forward to his first shake down ride with his lyrik (not suck down I hope) and my RFX should be interesting:thumbsup:

#30 ·
trailadvent said:
Hay cheez so when ya gonna spend some time on a CCDB:thumbsup: at the right length,

you running a 600# I'm around 200lbs and Im on a 550lb is this due to the extra length more leverage on yr 7inch pack?
The linkage determines the leverage, not the shock itself. The leverage does not change when you put a longer shock on, the travel just goes up. I run the same spring in either size shock. You probably want a 600# spring unless the CCDB's damping changes the standard spring formula.

I've ridden CCDB's twice now and frankly was not impressed either time. The second time the guys at Cane Creek were standing there and I asked them if the shock was set up correctly for me, what sort of tuning bias it had, if that was the correct spring, etc. I gave them EVERY opportunity to make sure it would be as it should be. But it sucked. Larry and El Beastro agreed. Some companies just don't want you to like their stuff it seems.

#31 ·
The linkage determines the leverage, not the shock itself. The leverage does not change when you put a longer shock on, the travel just goes up. I run the same spring in either size shock. You probably want a 600# spring unless the CCDB's damping changes the standard spring formula.

I've ridden CCDB's twice now and frankly was not impressed either time. The second time the guys at Cane Creek were standing there and I asked them if the shock was set up correctly for me, what sort of tuning bias it had, if that was the correct spring, etc. I gave them EVERY opportunity to make sure it would be as it should be. But it sucked. Larry and El Beastro agreed. Some companies just don't want you to like their stuff it seems.
Ah yes I think where on the same page, I am surprised at yr coments on the ccdb quite different from A72 and others who have changed to it Ive ridden the dhx c from my RFX on the Spot and its quite good, but the ccdb on my RFX has been something else, I guess where all different so like different things I think ya right on the spring though Im intending to go bigger as I get more comfortable on the RFX so 600lbs is probably a good call
cheers T

#32 ·
phew...

...that's a relief. i just got hold of some white z1 lights for my white 6 pack, and was concerned i was becoming a faux fo. but now tcheezy has entered the albino game i feel almost normal ;)

#34 ·
...that's a relief. i just got hold of some white z1 lights for my white 6 pack, and was concerned i was becoming a faux fo. but now tcheezy has entered the albino game i feel almost normal ;)
Almost feeling normal now too, fee fi faux shizzle fum! I'm sensing a trend here.....

Rando
Thats Homer pressure working for ya:D

#40 ·
Renegade said:
Who 'r' U calling a chick, biatch? :D
I'm thinking these syncros pedals go better with my silver and black color scheme:

i gotta say....Syncros new stuff is psick! they really revamped that company. cool to talk to.....seem like they have great customer service. Hard to imagine them as being a Ritchey company but i suppose ultimately a good thing possibly. My club is sponsored by them so i get wholesale Ritchey/Syncros stuff so maybe I will try a pair....at least for a single picture while i sport some brand new 5.10 shoes :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.