Now living the Ti dream

Will my DHX coil bottom out cap hit my bottom tube...

if I bottom out my medium 2008 RFX? Anybody have any experience with this setup frame size combo?

Go Fast, Take Chances.
    It is not very noticeable but there is a bend in the DT just for this purpose. However if you run a Roco, watch out. I run a DHXc on my Large with no probs. I believe FM's Roco was only hitting on the hardest of bottom outs but DT said it was just cosmetic.
    Last edited by jonathan_sykes81; 05-06-2008 at 11:01 PM.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    yep. should clear fine.

gotta ask, why run a dhxc? theres so many other choices of shocks that work well, unless ya push it that is. the stock dhxc's are kinda poopy for trail use due to sharp edge hit response. or lack thereof.

great avitar by the way.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Now living the Ti dream
    gotta ask, why run a dhxc?
    Thought I would give the 2009 a try. It will get pushed for sure and maybe a ti coil.

AW_
    locked - time out
    Are you guys really pooping on the DHX C? Come on it's a pretty good shock. This board is funny. And I mean that like how rollerblades are funny.

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by AW_
    Are you guys really pooping on the DHX C? Come on it's a pretty good shock. This board is funny. And I mean that like how rollerblades are funny.
    Once you get to ride a better shock you will know what you're missing with the stock DHXc.
    check out my sig:
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    yep. should clear fine.

gotta ask, why run a dhxc? theres so many other choices of shocks that work well, unless ya push it that is. the stock dhxc's are kinda poopy for trail use due to sharp edge hit response. or lack thereof.
    IF FM's Roco is just tapping his ex-front triange which was a size large, then it seems to me a size medium will not be a good fit for these shocks. Right?

Avy chubby: I hear a lot of good things about this shock, but the price may be a little more than I want to spend.
    CCDB: not even interested

What other coil shocks are out there? I need one for some resort riding.

AW_
    locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAPRO
    Once you get to ride a better shock you will know what you're missing with the stock DHXc.
    check out my sig:
    Same could be said of bikes with single pivot rear triangles.

"kind of poopy for trail use"

What-ev-ahhh

How much technology does one possibly require for "trail riding" to not be so poopy?

I'm grumpy today.

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chepster
    IF FM's Roco is just tapping his ex-front triange which was a size large, then it seems to me a size medium will not be a good fit for these shocks. Right?

Avy chubby: I hear a lot of good things about this shock, but the price may be a little more than I want to spend.
    CCDB: not even interested

What other coil shocks are out there? I need one for some resort riding.
    Yeah its a bummer the Rock Shocks Vivid isn't in the sizes for AM, I woulda liked to try a 7.5 2.0 one day cheap too, why hating the CCDB cost?

Its an amazing shock, I lve the Roco too, also bummer it has frame fit issues, Im hoping I can let my LBS play with my frame and see different shock fit optios, if hes willing to kill some time with me experimenting I will update, corse this is some time away I need my RnR
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    it was just how i felt. if others jump on board, well thats cool. i didnt think the dhxc lived up to the hype, my expectations or needs in a stock form. im told a push job fixes that but ill stick with responsive air shocks for my wieght and style. hell, i prefered my old ava to the dhxc.

as far as my requierments, i need a shock to not feel like someone hooked a boat anchor to my rear axle every time i took a square edged hit taller than 5 inches. the sob was sweet on really fast, choppy downhill trails where ya could float the bike.

allow me to coment on yer lumpin of all single pivot bikes together (cuz we all know where yer tryin to go with that), not all are created equal be it beer, non hl frames or coil shocks. or even hl frames for that matter. 1 link does not make a frame work properly though it can help a otherwise poopy design.
    No, I'm NOT back!