Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freebiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    629

    Wicked deal on dw flux, real or not?

    http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/bik/1669345696.html

    Turner Flux X Country Mountain Bike Great Condition - $910 (East Harlem)


    Date: 2010-03-30, 8:24PM EDT
    Reply to: sale-mtbcj-1669345696@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]




    Turner Flux X Country Mountain Bike Great Condition

    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

    PostingID: 1669345696

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    97
    this was also on ebay - didn't meet reserve...

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by freebiker
    http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/bik/1669345696.html

    Turner Flux X Country Mountain Bike Great Condition - $910 (East Harlem)


    Date: 2010-03-30, 8:24PM EDT
    Reply to: sale-mtbcj-1669345696@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]




    Turner Flux X Country Mountain Bike Great Condition

    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

    PostingID: 1669345696

    It's a 4-5K bike selling for $910. Why on earth wouldn't that be real? I say go mack out your western union money order and enjoy your new bike.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Yody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,875
    left out a digit in sale price or a scammer took the ad from ebay and put it on CL

  5. #5
    It's carbon dontcha know.
    Reputation: 6thElement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,693
    I could head up there after work, or not.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Serotta b1kr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    276
    Or, the bike's stolen. That's too good to be true.
    fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    311
    I can't believe that bike is posted. I bought it off Ebay last night. Have a tracking number today. It was a second chance offer as the winning bidder must have dropped out. The seller seemed real as I have been emailing him. All positive so far.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Yody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,875
    For how much?

  9. #9
    It's carbon dontcha know.
    Reputation: 6thElement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,693
    **** if I thought it was real I'd have gone and picked it up on foot and ridden a clown bike home

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    311
    I did buy that bike from a credible lister in SoCal. Should be here on Monday guess I won't know for sure until then. Ebay, PP all checkout right now so my fingers are crossed. I paid more than the CL thats for sure but still a good deal. Let you know if and when it shows up but will wait incase it is in fact fraud.

  11. #11
    It's carbon dontcha know.
    Reputation: 6thElement's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,693
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroS
    I did buy that bike from a credible lister in SoCal. Should be here on Monday guess I won't know for sure until then. Ebay, PP all checkout right now so my fingers are crossed. I paid more than the CL thats for sure but still a good deal. Let you know if and when it shows up but will wait incase it is in fact fraud.
    It's Monday.

  12. #12
    Crazed Country Rebel
    Reputation: iheartbicycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,081
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement
    It's Monday.
    subscribe
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

    Specialized sucks dong

  13. #13
    Proud bike-o-holic
    Reputation: Psycho Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    902
    Me too

  14. #14
    Moosehead
    Reputation: moosehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,900

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    311
    Good news. Got the bike as advertised on Ebay. Threw it together quickly everything in working order. Small scratch on RD otherwise perfect. Will be covered in mud shortly. The second chance price was $2401. I think I got a decent deal. Will post RR and pics in a couple days. Anyone know anything about Maxxis Advantage tires?

    The one posted above is a Large. The one I got is a medium.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroS
    Good news. Got the bike as advertised on Ebay. Threw it together quickly everything in working order. Small scratch on RD otherwise perfect. Will be covered in mud shortly. The second chance price was $2401. I think I got a decent deal. Will post RR and pics in a couple days. Anyone know anything about Maxxis Advantage tires?

    The one posted above is a Large. The one I got is a medium.
    Way better than decent deal. Nice!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •