not so super...

Who's going to be First

To bolt one of these up to a Turner??

Evolver ISX-6

<LI class=groupBullets>Piggy-back reservoir with Intrinsic-Adjust damping system: ideal for AM/FR/DH applications <LI class=groupBullets>3-D forged and CNC machined: 40x49mm twin-tube air canister with a 12mm aluminum, internal damper shaft and MCU negative spring 6 Independent, external settings for custom tuning: rebound damping, high/low-speed compression damping, Intrinsic pressure, No-Tools air volume/preload for bottom-out, and air-spring preload adjustability.

Swinger SFS X6

<LI class=groupBullets>Piggy-back reservoir with (SFS) shim-stack Intrinsic damping: ideal for AM/FR/DH applications <LI class=groupBullets>4 Independent, external settings for custom tuning: rebound damping, high/low-speed compression damping, SFS air pressure, (no tool) SFS air volume/preload, and spring preload adjustability <LI class=groupBullets>Large oil capacity, low-pressure air assist, and MCU bottom-out

Both come in a 7.5x2 - but will they fit in the frame?
    Last edited by SSINGA; 01-23-2007 at 10:01 PM.
    Nothing to see here.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    To bolt one of these up to a Turner??

Comes in a 7.5x2

<LI class=groupBullets>Piggy-back reservoir with Intrinsic-Adjust damping system: ideal for AM/FR/DH applications <LI class=groupBullets>3-D forged and CNC machined: 40x49mm twin-tube air canister with a 12mm aluminum, internal damper shaft and MCU negative spring <LI class=groupBullets>6 Independent, external settings for custom tuning: rebound damping, high/low-speed compression damping, Intrinsic pressure, No-Tools air volume/preload for bottom-out, and air-spring preload adjustability.

Would it even fit???
    Astigmatic Visionary

Neg reppers r my biatches
    even gheyer than a CCDB

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    well it looks good but ive had girlfriends who looked good and didnt perform well. i hope manitou proves me wrong this year and puts out a winner.
    No, I'm NOT back!

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    They sure look cool, but so do Manitou forks, and they mostly blow. Maybe they've got it right this year. I'd personally wait until Hayes really takes control of the product development. Hopefully they can do for Manitou what SRAM did for Rock Shox.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

mtbr member
    "well it looks good but ive had girlfriends who looked good and didnt perform well"

In the Kitchen ??
    Stay off the brakes

Quote Originally Posted by Prof
    In the Kitchen ??
    you got some wierd kitchen utensel fetish yould like to share with the group?
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    prof clearly cares more about food than sex.......

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado
    Hopefully they can do for Manitou what SRAM did for Rock Shox.
    In some cases that's a good thing, in others, probably not so.

From my point of view they put out an expensive product (Lyric in my case) but didn't put enough effort in QC resulting in reliability issues. They're starting to smell like manipoo at this moment. I have to, however, complement RS on their new Mission Control damper as it is sweeet, if only they can fix their QC mishaps.

That said, SSinGa, I think you should go first this time. I'm done doing beta testing on high end shocks, for now, anyway.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

Lay off the Levers
    Ha! I was sure Scuba would be first off the boat.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Team Sanchez
    I'll go first, if, and only if DT offers them as an option on the Highline. I wouldn't dream of replacing the Push'd DHX on the RFX.

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Ha! I was sure Scuba would be first off the boat.
    No way, man! I've found the shock for me; at least on the Pack. As ElChi stated, I wouldn't dream of replacing my pDHX on my Pack.

FM
    mtbr member
    cough pushed roco cough cough

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    cough pushed roco cough cough
    Isn't that coming out soon?

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAPRO
    That said, SSinGa, I think you should go first this time. I'm done doing beta testing on high end shocks, for now, anyway.
    I'm so far off the back, I just now caught up to your CCDB
    Nothing to see here.

Lay off the Levers
    You have any TT ot CCDB SS?

not so super...
    You have any TT ot CCDB SS?
    I've bounced it around the basement track but I don't have any cranks to get trail time
    Nothing to see here.

banned
    I dunno, I like my stock DHXc

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I dunno, I like my stock DHXc
    i.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No, I'm NOT back!

Lay off the Levers

My Chubbie gives me a Woodie

I liked my Romic too... then I tried the DHX... then I tried the Avalanche...I ain't never goin' back to a stock shock!

Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    By far the largest criticism of the DHX is that the boost valve, which is it's biggest strength, crimps the oil flow to an extent the shock spikes badly at high speeds. It is impossible to tune out without the help of PUSH...
    Last edited by Bikezilla; 01-24-2007 at 02:59 PM.

Outcast
    To quote and ad-lib a famous movie line; "Only steers and queers ride stock shocks. What are you, boy? I don't see no horns, so you must be a queer".

banned
    I'm a proponent of feeling out the stock shock for an extended amount of time, then at rebuild time, doing what needs to be done to meet my needs.

mtbr member
    I am with JC - I was blown away by the stock DHX Coil on the RFX I just built up - the pushed RP3 pales into insignificance in comparison. Of course, your results may vary but I was well impressed.

ill admit, i thought mine was the jessica alba of r shocks till i rode up n over stuff, not just down and off stuff.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    ill admit, i thought mine was the jessica alba of r shocks till i rode up n over stuff, not just down and off stuff.
    I actually think the RFX with DHX climbs better on the rocky tech stuff around here than the 5 spot and RP3 does. Granted it is slower to the top of a long climb but I cleaned stuff I hadn't cleaned before going up as well as down. I hope it isn't newbikeitis and I regress back to my prior self soon....we'll see.

Lay off the Levers
    I found the same thing as you Wilks. It's not newbikeitis. I've had the DHX and RP3 for a couple of seasons, and rode them both on my Spot extensively. Of course, since you and I ride the same trails this should come as little suprise.

JC I agree, ride that shock till it's time to rebuild and then get it Pushed. Just remember this conversation when you get it back... every time you ride it, you're gonna wish you had it months ago.

Outcast
    Some MTBR member has a quote in his signature from a race-tech suspension person that says something to the effect of " the best you know is the best that you've ridden". You don't know if there is something better than what you've got till you try something else. It may turn out that what you've got is what you like, but....... I think I need more sleep, I'm starting to babble.

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAPRO
    Isn't that coming out soon?
    Zoke Roco = WIP (infancy stage) @ PUSH

Prolly won't be ready 'till mid-late 2007 (??)

I think I'll hang on to my Roco for a bit longer....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Some MTBR member has a quote in his signature from a race-tech suspension person that says something to the effect of " the best you know is the best that you've ridden". You don't know if there is something better than what you've got till you try something else. It may turn out that what you've got is what you like, but....... I think I need more sleep, I'm starting to babble.
    Rene, you make perfect sense but for me it is cost justification - i.e are CK hubs twice as good as Hope and is a Chubbie 3 times as good as a stock DHX coil - I am scared to try some products in case i want them! Unfortuanltely I am not as they say independently wealthy....

Amphibious Technologies
    Just remember this conversation when you get it back... every time you ride it, you're gonna wish you had it months ago.
    Hear, hear!!!

I agree 100%. Nothing really wrong with production shocks but once you go custom it's hard to go back.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks
    Rene, you make perfect sense but for me it is cost justification - i.e are CK hubs twice as good as Hope and is a Chubbie 3 times as good as a stock DHX coil - I am scared to try some products in case i want them! Unfortuanltely I am not as they say independently wealthy....
    Wilks, I hear you. I'd love to try out a couple dozen different bikes on a long term basis, but checkbook reality says no. I much as I bust certain homer ballz about their avy and ccdb shocks allmost being as nice as my P-dhx, I'm doing just that, joking. I'm sure if I tried them, I'd like them too. So I'll stick to my modified shock, which I'm pleased with, untill circumstances change.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Wilks, I hear you. I'd love to try out a couple dozen different bikes on a long term basis, but checkbook reality says no. I much as I bust certain homer ballz about their avy and ccdb shocks allmost being as nice as my P-dhx, I'm doing just that, joking. I'm sure if I tried them, I'd like them too. So I'll stick to my modified shock, which I'm pleased with, untill circumstances change.
    I figure I'll send my DHX coil to push in a year or so, or maybe buy a chubibe or a CCDB from a homer when they buy something else and yesterdays shock goes in the classifieds!

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    I have Romic on my Spot now, while I'm awaiting my new Van R. Yesterday was the first ride on a coil Spot. I liked it better than my previous DHX Air, I was surprised how good it felt. If it wasn't ugly red I would probably keep it! I can't wait till I get the new Van R, that should be sick.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks
    ...I am scared to try some products in case i want them! ...

I figure I'll send my DHX coil to push in a year or so, or maybe buy a chubibe or a CCDB from a homer when they buy something else and yesterdays shock goes in the classifieds!
    Keep that in mind the next time you ride with me then. Otherwise you'll be calling Craig from the parkinglot.

Members who have read this thread: 0