mtbr member
    May 2006

White Brothers Fluid 29

Has anyone raced this fork on the sultan?If so would it work better than the FOX29?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    As for the Fluid, I have no experience. I do have experience w/ the Magic on the Sultan. The offset is much different then the Fox. I personally would run the Fox since it has a greater offset compared to the WB. The WB's felt like the fork was directly underneath the bike and not away from the bike. Steering was very twitchy and quick, unpredictable. The Fox would be a better option, I THINK. Again, I don't have experience w/ the Fluid, but would love to try the Fluid since it is not like the Magic! Again, these are my thoughts. You experience may be substantially different.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotims
    Has anyone raced this fork on the sultan?If so would it work better than the FOX29?
    I assume you're talking about the Fluid 110? They're a fairly recent addition to White Brothers' lineup, but I think there might be one or two guys here who have tried it (bikesinmud for one).

I haven't used either fork, but have been riding the WB F135 for the better part of a year. I think it uses the same open oil bath damping as the F110, and I have no complaints with that.

I think you're looking at the two premier 29" XC forks; probably hard to go wrong with either. The increased offset of the Fox is intriguing, but the additional 10mm of travel/A2C height on the White Brothers has its own appeal.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    yes i was talking about the f135.is this to much fork for racing?

Bodhisattva
    This may be of interest to those wondering what the effect of "offset" has on steering.

http://www.speedgoat.com/blog.asp?p=1244

tacotims...I run the WB F135 on my Sultan. It makes for a nice aggressive trail bike feel and I'm certain it's the best fork currently available for my purposes. But I don't think it would be the best for racing. You could go lighter and get something with a platform.

mtbr member
    yes i was talking about the f135.is this to much fork for racing?
    What type/level of racing? What kind of terrain? Generally speaking the Fox or F110 would be better suited to the race course, but that's not to say you couldn't race the F135.

You give up ~.5 lb. in weight, but if you like the increased stiffness and what it does to the geometry (I do), the extra travel shouldn't get in your way too much. While impressively supple, the F135 doesn't feel as gushy as, say a Vanilla, when hopping around out of the saddle.

If I could only have one bike and one fork, it would be the Sultan with a F135, and I would still race it.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I'm running a lefty max SPV 110 on my sultan right now,Should i just stick with it for the race season?

Bodhisattva
    I'm running a lefty max SPV 110 on my sultan right now,Should i just stick with it for the race season?
    Too subjective - depends on whether or not it suits your needs & makes you happy. Nothing wrong with it if you like it.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I'll be running a U.S. military mountain bike series in eroupe,most of the race courses Are in Germany.I also have a AIR9 that i can race.The AIR9 is fast but stiff,I was looking for some thing with a little more squish.Thanks for the advice.