Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Whistler!

~~~~~~~~

Whistler!

opening day for Garbonzo yesterday and of course I had to take the DHR up for some initiation. Everything is open and surprisingly dry, a lot less snow than same time last year up top. First run was o-sin, goats gully, in deep, F train and then all the way down DM, lower A, and off the big GLC .

forgot to bring a camera .

what's the word fellow homies, who's here, who's coming, where and what are you riding.

mtbr member

No Camera

Stay off the brakes

Hisforever
    Maybe you could go buy one at one of those overpriced whistler shopping stores....j.k... squamish has your camera, you could find just a cheapo....we gotta see some pics of the trip. and the dhr on the couch in the condo,
    Jesus Saves

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    opening day for Garbonzo yesterday and of course I had to take the DHR up for some initiation. Everything is open and surprisingly dry, a lot less snow than same time last year up top. First run was o-sin, goats gully, in deep, F train and then all the way down DM, lower A, and off the big GLC .

forgot to bring a camera .

what's the word fellow homies, who's here, who's coming, where and what are you riding.

Lee and Sharon are looking for you over in the DH forum:

airwreck jewel

Get lots of sunscreen - gonna be hot here next few days.

mtbr member

I will be there but not this year :(

Stay off the brakes

mtbr member
    heading there 21st to 28th july, with my new DHR. soo stoked. dirt merchant is calling my name!
    "Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Bikes are good

What's the reality...

of a a guy from AK living in Whistler and living somewhere on the cheap for the summer? Are there places to cram in to make rent cheap? Any of you guys live there and mind housing a co-Turner owner? I was down last summer, and can't wait to get back but a week isn't long enough. A week in a hotel room at 250/night is crazy.

That's one of the best videos I've seen of the park by the way. Nice.

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfbkr50
    of a a guy from AK living in Whistler and living somewhere on the cheap for the summer? Are there places to cram in to make rent cheap? Any of you guys live there and mind housing a co-Turner owner? I was down last summer, and can't wait to get back but a week isn't long enough. A week in a hotel room at 250/night is crazy.

That's one of the best videos I've seen of the park by the way. Nice.
    250 a night is totally overboard. Try Whistler employee housing. Post at NSMB.com also. If you can hang here all season, do it!

~~~~~~~~
    prof, that is a great vid, thanks![SIZE=1](except it made me realize I suck...)

[SIZE=3]okay, back to wrenching, btw, no liftlines this morning, saturday. Hard to pass that by but I'm tired (thursday all night flight in, friday ride) and the bike needs some love.

need to go buy a disposable camera.
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    prof, that is a great vid, thanks![SIZE=1](except it made me realize I suck...)

[SIZE=3]okay, back to wrenching, btw, no liftlines this morning, saturday. Hard to pass that by but I'm tired (thursday all night flight in, friday ride) and the bike needs some love.

need to go buy a disposable camera.
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
    Ok, I know extended play is going now, but really dude.....you need to stop surfing the web, get the rig dialed and get out on there pronto!

E, you've picked your trip perfectly with Garbo opening up yesterday. We'll see if we can make it up next weekend.

EB

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    ahhhhh yes! you must see seasons if ya havent yet. thanx for that reminder prof.
    No, I'm NOT back!

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Fly there in a week.

But just chipped the stantion on my fork riding today and it's pissing oil out

Lay off the Levers
    Tagging along with the DFT Aug 19th
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Ok, I know extended play is going now...
    did sweep upper and lower mountain if that makes you feel better .

The bike park seemed less crowded today then yesterday (friday).

There is a new step up above GG entrance to the right of the old one so you get a straighter shot at it and good thing too, it's big, pretty sure it's the biggest step up on the mountain now.

The DHR is sick. More difficult to jump, but once you get it in the air it keeps flying . There is no doubt that I am going farther off stuff than I ever have. Have to work to not clear the trannies on pretty much everything, especially lower CIU. Kinda missing the highline, but we'll see what I have to say after I get back on it.

It was nice to get a solo day in and refresh my memory of all the good/sick lines.

Lay off the Levers
    Prof, I was standing in the LBS when I saw that very segment on the screen there. I bought the Seasons Disc on the spot.

AW break that place in for us real good. The krew talked about our pending trip all day.

~~~~~~~~
    hey east coaster's, you flying WestJet? noticed they have a Newark flight. Great airline, funny flight attendants, and they allow 2 carryons, 2 checked bags 60 pounds max each, and only 40 bucks for the bike if under 60 pounds, although of some friend were way over and still only 40.

It was hard to keep the bike under 60 with a cardboard box, and the dakine bags are 10 by themselves. We brought lots of parts and tools and had one peice of regular luggage pushing 60. Parts are expensive and the shop wrenchs are busy, so be prepared. Also suggest doing carry on with the helmets to free up space in the luggage.
    Last edited by airwreck; 06-28-2008 at 11:21 PM.

mtbr member
    Shame all that snow has to melt.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    AW break that place in for us real good. The krew talked about our pending trip all day.
    and we're still talking about it all day too ...

Lay off the Levers
    Tnx brotha. Helmet under arm check.
    Hardcase reserved from LBS. I already paid xtra for "Bike" luggage...hopefully they won't sweat me on the total weight.
    Flying AC... WJ sounds cool though.

Folks have been chattering about getting traveler's insurance or AAA. word is that normal US HC won't touch third-world nations like Canada.

Dude, the Boneyard is psychotic. I plan to get no closer than the nearest chair with beer service:

mtbr member

me too!

Looks like I'm gonna be able to make some Whistler Days this year as well. Getting in July 14, not sure for how long, but no later than the 25th. Now I just need to convince my self I can ride one more year on my 04' Big Hit, and don't need a highline (or blindside).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Prof, I was standing in the LBS when I saw that very segment on the screen there. I bought the Seasons Disc on the spot.
    That segment and this one are my favourites,this one is great as well, cool intro with his son.

CC
    Stay off the brakes

mtbr member
    I've just returned from Whistler - didin't realise the whole mountain wasn't open until this weekend (bummer!).

Took my new 5 Spot - I think I had the shortest travel bike on the whole mountain last week. Sure was tough on a 5 inch bike with a Pike!

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Just got back from Whistler. I am staying at the C$N Backpackers Hostel in Pemberton, 20-30 min from Whistler for $26.50 a night. Pemberton has everything you need, beer, food, coffee. groceries, and gas

By riding bud came up from Vancouver for the day and we were there riding both the lift and trails for about 6 hours. Very hot today but still an incredible experience It's one of those places that you must ride, like Moab, Fruita, and St George area. Highline was brilliant but a RFX would be cool too.

Go to Whistler!
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    This thread is hurting me! ... I need to check my shedule

Bikes are good

Gotta plan it...

I live in Alaska, and made the trip last summer. For 1 week it cost a lot of money. Close to 2500 actually. I had to rent a bike each day (which is what you should do if you don't have a downhill bike) and It was worth it, but having a group go would make it much cheaper. Hotels are 250 a night, and take 5 people. At that they are 50/night. Maybe there are cheaper places, but if you have to rent a car on top of it I'm not sure it would be worth it. We walked/limped each morning to the rental bike shop and jumped on the first few chairs each day. Being in a hotel right there and in the village was cool. What I'm saying is, if there are people out there looking for a trip to Whistler next summer we should start talking. I'd go this year, but I already have a bike trip planned this summer.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast