gravity curmudgeon

While making requests of DT ...

When you get down to business with the 5spot, I would like to see:

--iPod port
    --drink holder
    --auto climbing
    --descent settings (god, stud, expert, humble-pie)
    --Colors that match my green-hazel eyes and help me get some warm fuzzies from all the young hottie gals around here
    --auto sound effects (sort of like having one's own theme music while riding)

Or, you can just make it lighter, more efficient, better descending ... yeah, better at everything. Tough job, given that it's pretty good at all that already, but nothing wrong with a challenge.

Lay off the Levers
    Don't forget adding a gearbox, a DW link, and 650B wheels.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    I'd like one of those headtube mugs.

You could just toss it in the box when you ship the new bike!

(Oohhhhh the famous Turner wait....I should have ordered a stock color)

Really, Just continue being one of the best. That's enough.

Cheers!

banned
    Since I don't use AAC or an iPod for that matter, the ipod port would be a deal breaker for me. We do need an ipod edition, however, with white silhouettes dancing around with their white Turner.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    has everyone forgotten about a EBM??? you think that would be priority 1.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Bodhisattva
    Dont' forget Bluetooth & OnStar
    Life....the original terminal illness

Surfin' da mountain
    ...and should auto-climb fail, a deployable hook for your local multiplex ascentilator:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Surfin' da mountain
    On a more serious note - what about BB30 Bottom Bracket?

And what's up with QR15? If its so great for the front wheel, why is it not considered a replacement for the rear skewer? I figure the rear wheel has many more forces appied to it.

Lay off the Levers
    I'd like to see a through axle and/or Maxle on all the bikes, and hub makers build through axle in 135mm sizes (if they don't already?)

The standard roadbike inspired QR is past it's prime. Even basic XC/ trail riding has gotten a lot more demanding over the years. Apart from pure nitrous style XC race, you can build light enough without it, and get a far better hub frame interface with at TA. It doesn't take significantly longer to screw out a TA or maxle than it does to undo and readjust a fidgety skewer.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Silence and Thunder...
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    I got my 'stimulus' EBM from the IRS last month. Did you not get one...???

...every day sends future to past...

TLL
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    How about a zero stack headset, or a 1.5 HT option?

I think every new frame should come with it's own blog, or thread on MTBR. Oh wait, that'ts already a feature.

This should be priority #1, a built in 8-track/Cassette player:
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

EBM and other features

Some of your requests will make it to production, some will not.

BB 30 is just catching on, and like it and other fresh stuff it will cause more headaches for the high end frame buyer for awhile. As soon as dealers start carrying a variety of brands and strengths of cranksets with BB30 I will go with that. I am really opposed to forcing buyers into one BB, or one headset type or one front derailer. I think it is the easy way out, maybe I am the shortsighted one? But I try to design frames so that ya'll can use as wide a variety of parts as possible.

I think a 10mm version of the quick thread bolt thing would be great, I am all for getting rid of QR's on MTB. They are not even needed on the World Cup as those riders don't even change their own tires and tubes anymore as they have turned into a bunch of roadies.

650 will be right there at the top of my list, as soon as Fox or RockShox makes a 140mm fork for that wheel. No sh!t, the wheel size rocks. The problem is that only once RockShox has actually funded a 'new wheel' specific fork with the latest 120mm Reba. All other 29r forks have been funded by the Waterloo purchasing dept, and the bike industry is flaaat, with these things in mind I am doubtful that we will see a costly new fork tooled up for by a major efore 2010. As expensive as commiting to a batch of frames is for us, I cannot risk it with only one fork actually designed around the 650B.

Gear Box. It either has to be VERY light to appeal to racers, or VERY cheap to appeal to 'extreme free riders'. I would define EFR's as those only interested in truck up or chair up with 88's and 40's, if there is a climb involved it had better be lighter bike, as it would then fall into the All Mountain/ Freeride, ie, 36-Totem class rider. I talked at length with Sully from Rotec at the Sea Otter as he had a Suntour equipped import DH frame to roll around on. Since he already had one proto on the ground I heartily encouraged him to finish the dam thing and get one to production that don't cost 8k! Build it cheap and EFRs will buy it, and summer mountain rental shops etc. Back in the 80's I knew we would end up with dual suspension and discs that were light and powerfull, before RS or Manitou even had a proto. I do not have the same feeling for high performance gearboxs. Tough, cheap and simple? Bring it on! But cutting edge weight and no drag? I will believe it when I ride it.

DT
    Last edited by turnerbikes; 06-20-2008 at 09:21 AM.

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes

650 will be right there at the top of my list, as soon as Fox or RockShox makes a 140mm fork for that wheel. No sh!t, the wheel size rocks. The problem is that only once RockShox has actually funded a 'new wheel' specific fork with the latest 120mm Reba. All other 29r forks have been funded by the Waterloo purchasing dept, and the bike industry is flaaat, with these things in mind I am doubtful that we will see a costly new fork tooled up for by a major efore 2010. As expensive as commiting to a batch of frames is for us, I cannot risk it with only one fork actually designed around the 650B.

DT

Sweet relief.
    Can't stop, Won't stop.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    that now lives somewhere on the terry peak dh course. thanx for the memories.
    No, I'm NOT back!