mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Where to get 700# DHX Spring????????

Hi-
    I just received my TURNER RFX and asked that it be set up for my weight at 215#, so I got it and it has a 600# spring which I am thinking will be too soft.

I have seen others around my weight (give or take) sporting a 650# or 700# spring. Where can I get springs at this rate? I will call Fox tomorrow, but would like to know of any stores if anybody stocks them. Where do you guys (that ride this size) get yours?

Awhile back I thought that I was told or read somewhere that 600 is the max for a 2" stroke x 7.5 i-2-i?

Maybe 600# is the max suggested by Fox to fit with no issues on the preload collar, but a bigger one requires some compresion to get it on the threads?

Any help appreciated. I hope to build the frame this weekend, so I will want overnight or 2 day delivery if I can find one.

Thanks

HIKE!

ebay?

Somewhere's on Ebay there has got to be one!

mtbr member
    Slayer; the 700lb spring is what fox would recommend for a person who weighs 215. If you want the low down/inside scoup, shoot DT an email. Actually, I wouldn't be suprised if he has one at the shop, if not, you can order one from Fox. I'm not sure what Mountain High Cyclery has in stock but you might give them a try. The 700lb spring will be plenty for your weight.
    turtle

mtbr member
    May 2004
    i have a 700# spring imnot using if you want email me @ vibromatic3000@aol.com

mtbr member
    The 700lb spring will fit just fine it just requires a little coaxing to get it on.
    Clamp the spring in a vice close it up but not all the way and get some big and I mean BIG heavy duty cable ties (the 10mm wide ones) and zip tie the coils together tight 6 of them evenly spaced, should do the trick, then slide the spring on to the shock replace the collar and wind it down a bit then cut the cable tie with some side cutters.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks for the replies.

Vibromatic - thanks for the offer. I would have done it earlier, but I have already ordered one.

Prof - thanks for the tip. Sounds like a good way to do it and I will probably follow your directions if I put it on this weekend.

I ordered a 700# from Fox today and they are sending it 2 day so I will have it this weekend in case I get time to build the frame up. When Fox was taking my info they said that the RFX at my weight with 6" travel on a 2" stroke would require an 800# spring.

I opted to follow the examples of those here who are my weight and are using the 700#. I guess I'll find out if it is enough.

Thanks.

Shovel Ready
    Not to hi-jack the thread but I have a similar question. I just received a 06 RFX with 5" rockers. I also ordered the 700 LBS coil (I'm 250 lbs) and was sent a 600 with Turner saying they would send a 700 LBS coil when they got some in. I have been riding it in a fairly stiff mode and backed down the bottom out (courter clock wise) to about the mid point tonight. Ride was softer but was just a tad mushy. I'm sure I can move the setting back and this will go away but would I get a better ride overall having the coil take the stress compared to the valving? I.E heavier coil less valve resistance.

PS: I'm even happier now then I was a week ago with the Turner RFX!
    Last edited by Cycle64; 03-15-2006 at 09:42 PM.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.