mtbr member

When to rebuild the linkage of an 2006 5 spot?

I have an 06 5 spot and one of the pivots is creaking pretty bad. Pivots have never been replaced but it has not been ridden very much the past few years, and when it has been ridden conditions are for the most part tame (dry, with little mud). The rear triangle is still extremely tight and there is no slop. I am just tired of the creek and figured that maybe its time to get a new bushing kit and do some maintenance? Is the kit worth it or can I just remove everything, clean it up, relube and reassemble? The Turner site says to check with your local dealer. Local dealer does not carry turner anymore which does not mean anything to me as I built the bike myself back in 07 with stuff I bought from several sources..

Comments and suggestions welcome. Thanks guys!

Bad Case of the Mondays
    First step would be to ensure its a pivot that is creaking. On aluminum frames, a lot of times the frame resonates the sound so a creak is hard to pinpoint. I had a creak I was sure was coming from a suspension pivot and it turned out to be the rear skewer.

Second step would be to disassemble, grease and reassemble to see if that fixes it.

If you do those two things and you still have a creak, get some of these:
    PUSH bushings

mtbr member
    Thanks! It ended up being my seat post.