mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Wheel World sale

I just got an email from Wheel World (a lot of you did too I guess). 'Zoke forks on sale. Can somebody check out this sale and tell me if any of the forks on sale are worthy? And anything else. I remember picking up a 426 air Pike for $360 at one of these sales.

http://wheelworld.com/itemlist.cfm?pageId=144
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Hey, lotsa peeps looking but nobody sayin' nothin'. Let's have it! How about that freeride kit for $799?
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Card-carrying wotmeister
    It's an '07 Kona Stinky minus frame and shock.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Nothing there really mind blowing.
    As for the FR kit, 170mm dual crown fork seems kinda dated when you can get uber-stiff 180mm single crowns for a few hundred bucks. Santa Cruz was blowing out 180mm Domains for like $180 not too long ago.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    yep. my mind is still intact. next!

guy: if ya need a 170mm dual crown zoke or some big hit bits, pm me. im overloaded right now.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    It's not like I'm lusting after any bike parts at the moment. But...whenever I see 'Zoke forks advertised I feel this huge void of knowledge...as in, I have no idea which Marzocchi forks are worthy, last years and this years is tons better, reliable...nada.

I mean, if I had a hankering to replace one of my Revelations with a 'Zoke, is there one that is the equal? Not that I'm hankering to replace one of my Rev., just askin'...

Consider the Pike Dual Air U-Turn: what is the 'Zoke equivalent? In fact, which 'Zoke fork do the Homers use, in whatever frame? Just trying to acquire a little knowledge is all.

No, that's not phonetic
    Get the Pike. Zoke has not put out a reliable fork for years. I was a big Zoke fan but I would be hard pressed to buy one for their units after 2006. When they moved their production to Taiwan everything went to hell. The Pike is an excellent fork.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Get the Pike. Zoke has not put out a reliable fork for years. I was a big Zoke fan but I would be hard pressed to buy one for their units after 2006. When they moved their production to Taiwan everything went to hell. The Pike is an excellent fork.
    I'm still sold on Rockshox (Reba/Revelation/Pike) but I like to know what else is out there. How can a large company like Marzocchi not get their reliability factor up to the competition?
    Is it an Italian thing? All flash and no...reliability, I guess. What do I know about Italy.

I read some reviews of the forks advertised on that Wheel World ad and a common comment was: "the fork works great when it works, which was for about 15 days". I've still got Rebas I've had for 2 years that have never needed any work.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    In fact, which 'Zoke fork do the Homers use, in whatever frame?
    '06 Z.1 Light on the '09 Spot seems like a hot setup.

I'm thinking an '07 66 RC2x on a '10 RFX would be pretty nice too.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.

Hisforever
    isnt the Lyrik in the same boat as the PIKE? It seems a like a good fork as well.
    Jesus Saves