mtbr member
    Apr 2004

What size of Burner Frame is this??

According to my measurements I need a burner frame that has a 17" seat tube, center to center. Is this a Large or Medium Burner frame?

According to Turner, if you are 5'11" you need a large. I am exactly 5'11" so I ordered a large but want to be sure. Here are my measurements....

What do you think?

No, that's not phonetic
    Buy based on effective top tube length/reach, not inseam/seat tube c-c. If their "overall reach" is correct at 694mm (effective tt+stem), and you choose a 110mm stem, that means you are looking for a 584mm effective tt, or 23". That would be a medium (which I think has an 18" center to top seat tube, 14.5" c-c).

What I don't understand is why the overall reach area specifies "Overall Reach Road". Is that a mountain or road calculation?? It makes a big difference.

What is your true inseam (how does WS have you calculate it)? What current bike are you comfortable on and what is the effective top tube and stem length?

I'd put you on a large also based on the numbers you have listed on that page. You are EXACTLY my size and I cannot imagine riding a medium.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Buy based on effective top tube length/reach, not inseam/seat tube c-c. If their "overall reach" is correct at 694mm (effective tt+stem), and you choose a 110mm stem, that means you are looking for a 584mm effective tt, or 23". That would be a medium (which I think has an 18" center to top seat tube, 14.5" c-c).

What I don't understand is why the overall reach area specifies "Overall Reach Road". Is that a mountain or road calculation?? It makes a big difference.

What is your true inseam (how does WS have you calculate it)? What current bike are you comfortable on and what is the effective top tube and stem length?

I'd put you on a large also based on the numbers you have listed on that page. You are EXACTLY my size and I cannot imagine riding a medium.
    Well my new measurement puts my true inseam at 34.25 inches. The reach measurement of 67.815cm center to center.

That has to be a large.

No, that's not phonetic
    I'm not sure I understand what the 67.815cm reach refers to, but yes, I think a large is best.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    I'm not sure I understand what the 67.815cm reach refers to, but yes, I think a large is best.
    It refers to the top tube center to center plus the stem... after I re-measured my inseam, it came up with this new figure.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

I'm 5'11

and I went for a large. I'm using a 100 mm stem and 40mm of spacers and everything feels good. My inseam is 33 and seatpost length is spot on, not to long, not to short.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtber36
    and I went for a large. I'm using a 100 mm stem and 40mm of spacers and everything feels good. My inseam is 33 and seatpost length is spot on, not to long, not to short.
    Cool, that's my next thing is getting the stem/spacers dialed in. I was thinking about getting a 100 too instead of a 110. Haven't got enough info to decide yet though.