Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    not so super...

New question here. What is the punishment for...

holding out on the Homer Clan when you get a new (or new to you) Turner?

The OFFICIAL "Whatcha runnin' your 66SL at?" thread

Nothing to see here.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    holding out on the Homer Clan when you get a new (or new to you) Turner?

The OFFICIAL "Whatcha runnin' your 66SL at?" thread

Are you trying to get someone in trouble?

_MK

PS. With all the recent ultra pimp builds, posting your regular old boring but well peforming Turner just isn't the same.
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

Outcast
    The punishment should be similar to that given to folks who buy a brand new frame, post about it here, never show us pics, and take forever and a day to build it up.

Lay off the Levers
    Biiiiiitttte MEEEEEE!!!!
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    I got to see the beast in person. I think that's _MK's plan - to show everyone his bike without the benefit of the internet at all. Sure it's slower, but pics just don't do it justice...

It's gonna be weeks before MK gets to see his old Spot again...

Maybe Bollox can post a pic of my old Burner. It's a circle of life here...

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by DLine
    I got to see the beast in person. I think that's _MK's plan - to show everyone his bike without the benefit of the internet at all. Sure it's slower, but pics just don't do it justice...

It's gonna be weeks before MK gets to see his old Spot again...

There is no doubt that the RFX is a BEAST. I've already cleared some lines I wouldn't ever try on the Spot. The thing mauls. Part of it sure is the whole new bike stoke. Nevertheless it is a big, beautiful hunk of metal and the welds are like I haven't seen on a Turner, yet. Absolutely gorgeous and the high gloss black, yum, yum! Standing next to the Pack it just commands respect, completely outclasses it.

And yea, DLine, you might be on to something with the in person only audience with the RFX!

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

Motion activated
    Congrats on the new ride Am I loosing it, or didn't you have a spring fling with a 6P and decided to stay with the wife (5 spot)
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

Motion activated
    Wow everyone is getting new rides!! What did you replace the Burner with?

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    Congrats on the new ride Am I loosing it, or didn't you have a spring fling with a 6P and decided to stay with the wife (5 spot)
    Sure enough, had a spring fling with a 6P but it didn't work out very well at all, after one date I went back to my honey and begged forgiveness. Bought 'er a dual air Pike to make things right. Now summer's knocking on the door and I really hit it off with a little older girl. She fits me like a glove and is taking me places I haven't yet explored. Although the foreplay takes longer and is more strenuous.

_MK
    Last edited by MK_; 05-16-2006 at 07:13 PM.
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    Wow everyone is getting new rides!! What did you replace the Burner with?
    Sloppy seconds on _MK's Spot. She's well ridden, but has some good miles left I think. She's out of commission until she gets a little plastic surgery, though.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Sloppy seconds on _MK's Spot. She's well ridden, but has some good miles left I think. She's out of commission until she gets a little plastic surgery, though.
    She's been treated like a queen after every ride. She's been done good. And she paid back on trail with flawless performance. I would expect her to treat her new man just as well, especially after he gets her a little face lift and a little makeup job.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    dont make me bust out a poopy head on ya mk! congrats on the new/old bike. hope ya dig it as much as i do mine. nuthin like climbin on a 9lb frame, is there?
    No, I'm NOT back!

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    dont make me bust out a poopy head on ya mk! congrats on the new/old bike. hope ya dig it as much as i do mine. nuthin like climbin on a 9lb frame, is there?
    Definatelly does the man-muscle a lot of good. And the fat 66 is just icing on the cake. Not bad, though, as it stands it is 34.59lbs, but it will have to start wearing some thicker rubber.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

wow. this is like watchin elimidate - on location deep in the hills of tennessee. congrats d. nice score. gettin her some new teeth are ya?
    No, I'm NOT back!

Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    Definatelly does the man-muscle a lot of good. And the fat 66 is just icing on the cake. Not bad, though, as it stands it is 34.59lbs, but it will have to start wearing some thicker rubber.

_MK
    thats about the same heft as mine in mega mode. its 38.5lbs with 3.5's last i checked. stopped by the old shop today and i was shown some 2.7 big earls with fat tubes. they had a set for $20. i took some home. love those closeouts! even when i pay thier retail.

do you guys still need help with the 66 settings? i had the same no mans land travel issue on my 66 rc and found the fix. lemme know.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Lay off the Levers
    What the heck is wrong with you pepole!?!?!!?
    15 replies and not one picture???
    This is unaccecptable!!!
    Someone's gonna get banned for this!!!
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Motion activated
    Well I'm happy for you and your new wife D-line. I just hope you all got a proper divorce before doing all this swapping business.

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    The punishment should be similar to that given to folks who buy a brand new frame, post about it here, never show us pics, and take forever and a day to build it up.
    what do you think Renny, 30 day Krispy Kreme ban??
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    I'm a little worried that the first time I see a pic on the internet of my old girl under some other guy, it's gonna break my heart. Much less if she's photographed on a cheap couch, or worse, in someone's basement or garage.

Hopefully, the first time I see her on her own will be while she's outside, in nature, tastefully shot. I don't even have my new squeeze here to comfort me if I get thrown into a jealous rage - only my college sweetheart who's let herself go from outright neglect over the years. Her ass is still as hard as a rock, though.

OK, I'll stop now.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    what do you think Renny, 30 day Krispy Kreme ban??
    Fat chance; I don't think there's a krispy creme donut shop in the people's rebublic of Boulder. If you want to punish _MK, hit him where it hurts. NO BEER for 30 days.

I've got blackmail material: _MK, I've got that dark, basement photo of your bike leaning againts a workbench that you e-mailed me. Don't make me post it!

'Zilla, what made you think I was refering to you in my post above?

mtbr member

Relax DLine...its going to be OK.

I'm a little worried that the first time I see a pic on the internet of my old girl under some other guy, it's gonna break my heart. Much less if she's photographed on a cheap couch, or worse, in someone's basement or garage.

Hopefully, the first time I see her on her own will be while she's outside, in nature, tastefully shot. I don't even have my new squeeze here to comfort me if I get thrown into a jealous rage - only my college sweetheart who's let herself go from outright neglect over the years. Her ass is still as hard as a rock, though.

OK, I'll stop now.
    Nothing to fear DLine. I'll post a picture of your old steed frothing at the mouth, chomping at the bit and generally sweaty all over, after my race on Sunday. No couch/garage shots here!
    Forward progress by Brute Force and Bloody Ignorance.

MK_
    carpe maņana

I ain't holding out no more

Joined a great group ride on Saturday, dubbed the Lyons Fat Tire Festival, followed by a keg of one of the best local brews, a little grilling and hanging out with fellow mtb'ers. Great time, great ride. I just saw some photos posted over at the Front Range board (Lyons Fat Tire Fest VI this weekend) and they sure make the RFX look good!

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

"El Whatever"

slightly OT...

Joined a great group ride on Saturday, dubbed the Lyons Fat Tire Festival, followed by a keg of one of the best local brews, a little grilling and hanging out with fellow mtb'ers. Great time, great ride. I just saw some photos posted over at the Front Range board (Lyons Fat Tire Fest VI this weekend) and they sure make the RFX look good!
    _MK
    Firstly, congrats, MK!!

I just couldn't resist it... what do those dudes say about their Bionicon? Do they use them to their (the bikes') max?

Just curious. I have read quite some about Bionicons, but never a real world review.
    Thanks
    Check my Site

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    Firstly, congrats, MK!!

I just couldn't resist it... what do those dudes say about their Bionicon? Do they use them to their (the bikes') max?

Just curious. I have read quite some about Bionicons, but never a real world review.
    Thanks
    Thanks, man. The dudes on Bionicons were pretty Biased. One guy was the "inventor", the other was Chad from Red Barn, at least that's who I think he was and the third was demoing. The demo guy would be the most unbiased, and he seemed to like it. The other two were good riders and there were fast, so there's gotta be something good going for those bikes. I just tooled around on one after having a few brews and I found the travel bias switch to be pretty cool. The suspension itself wasn't particularly special, air sprung, air dampened. It is made by Suntour. I found it peculiar that the bike has a double clamp fork with a QR axle. But anyhow, I am not fit to comment as I haven't ridden one on trail.

_MK
    -- Marx, Groucho

Bionicon Rider
    Apr 2005
    Thanks, man. The dudes on Bionicons were pretty Biased. One guy was the "inventor", the other was Chad from Red Barn, at least that's who I think he was and the third was demoing. The demo guy would be the most unbiased, and he seemed to like it. The other two were good riders and there were fast, so there's gotta be something good going for those bikes. I just tooled around on one after having a few brews and I found the travel bias switch to be pretty cool. The suspension itself wasn't particularly special, air sprung, air dampened. It is made by Suntour. I found it peculiar that the bike has a double clamp fork with a QR axle. But anyhow, I am not fit to comment as I haven't ridden one on trail.

_MK

Good thread and nice pics. I just wanted to reply to the Bionicon Info.

The guy pictured on the Bionicon is Mic, one of the American "Investors" and yes it would also have been Chad from Red Barn who is a Bionicon Dealer, so the Biased opinion is definately understandable. Also they have been riding them as long as anyone in the US but myself and you definately do get hooked on the adjustability.

I would like to offer MK a demo ride and anyone else in the Denver area for that matter, just reply to the thread or send me a message and I will hook it up. No need to wonder about something new when you can try it.

The Dual Crown with the QR? There is less flex in a dual-crown fork than a single-crown resulting in less stress on the QR, allowing you to get away with alot more than you might think. But the reason we did it was to build a user friendly light-weight (5lbs w/HB & Stem) long travel fork. Also in order for the Air to have the proper spring rate a large chamber is required, thus we used dual crowns w/36mm stanchions for the necessary volume. Our Special Agent fork is 200mm travel inverted DH fork with 35mm fixed thru-axle and 40mm stanchions, you will see it this summer.

Suntour, does our Magnesium Casting and uses our designs on the Condor fork, which has a standard Steerer and a different cartridge. The Bionicon headset/steerer system and Air Cartridge are all our own.

Be Well, Ride Hard

Fergy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast