mtbr member

What does RFX stand for?

What does RFX stand for?

Lay off the Levers
    for the pre 2003 models it was something like "Ride Free Extreme"
    The current models are a sort of rebirth and the RFX moniker is more of a nod towards the early models probably because of similar geometry. But the extreme freeriding frame is the Highline. The current RFX is more of a extreme trailbike and light to medium freerider. (the kind of stuff that won't get you killed.)

So right now RFX is no longer an acronym. It's a model name.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2006 Turner catalog
    Ride Free Extreme? Rocking Freaky XC? Radically Fast and Excellent? We're not sure what the RFX stands for either, and frankly it doesn't matter. One ride and you'll wonder why we don't call our most highly evolved suspension frame "The best 'all-mountain' bike on the planet."
    2006 Turner Catalog
    Last edited by Bikezilla; 03-12-2006 at 02:37 PM.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    really fu@#ing xcellent.

Turner Homer
    In the catalog that zilla posted, it seems as if turner is also not sure what it stands for.
    Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Duno

Real F%&*ing Xciting. It used to have something to do with Free Ride etc but since nobody knows where trail bikes stop and free ride starts it really don't apply. It is just our biggest rocker bike.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    Ridiculously Free of X-crement?
    No, I'm NOT back!

T-B-E
    Nice description!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

i liked the name 6 pack.....

....less confusing, better for marketing IMO

lurker no more
    I think the word a while back was that it was changed to RFX because of some nitpickers who thought the name Six Pack was suggestive of beer and and all it's moral degenerative effects . Hence, the name change to RFX b/c of the similar geometry to the original RFX. Whether or not this was the truth I don't know, but you gotta admire DT for changing the name of the product to avoid a silly confrontation.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by oreo
    I think the word a while back was that it was changed to RFX because of some nitpickers who thought the name Six Pack was suggestive of beer and and all it's moral degenerative effects . Hence, the name change to RFX b/c of the similar geometry to the original RFX. Whether or not this was the truth I don't know, but you gotta admire DT for changing the name of the product to avoid a silly confrontation.
    Beer is reveered here! [good beer, that is]. If I remember correctly, the adds that ran in the magazines should an empty plastic six pack can thingy, laying on the ground, with the slogan; "nothing goes down better than a six pack". The kidding around that that generated around here was the littering thing, and the plastic thingy getting washed down stream, into the ocean, where the plastic thingy would get caught on the beak of a dolphin, rendering it unable to open it's beak and feed, and it would starve to death! Another slam on the add was that some turner afficionados, owners, and poseurs prefer beer and ale that comes in fancy colored paperboard carriers with trendy names and higher price tags.
    Moral degenerative effects? Beer? No way!

Lay off the Levers
    Really? I thought it was because TE retroactively patented a new form of the Pull-tab...
    That and the little green "ICE" stickers kept falling off due to condensation.

(ICE: Instant Cap Extracting)
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

My cup runneth over
    Here's the thread for the 6 Pack ad...

Outcast
    I heard that TE claimed he invented the plastic thingy that holds the six pack, and he threatened lawsuit. DT flipped him the bird, mooned TE's wife, and changed the name.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by rmac
    Here's the thread for the 6 Pack ad...
    Hmmmmmmmm, beer. Time to start thinking about what kind to pick up for this evening.

My cup runneth over
    Another thread with comments from DT on the RFX name change...

(Does all this research make up for all my (yesterday) whining?)

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by rmac
    Another thread with comments from DT on the RFX name change...

(Does all this research make up for all my (yesterday) whining?)
    Were you whining yesterday? I didn't notice. Oh, the turner jersey thing? Na.
    I tried a "new" brew last week. Full Sail brewery has finally stepped up to the plate and put out [commercially available, not an in house little project] an Imperial stout called Black Gold imperial stout, that is aged in bourbon barrels. You can taste the bourbon flavor. Very tastey. Comes in 22 ounce bombers for about five and a half bucks, about 11% alcohol content. Highly recommended.

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Hmmmmmmmm, beer. Time to start thinking about what kind to pick up for this evening.
    The list is already made:

Sauza
    Appelton Rum
    Citrus vodka
    Redbull
    Pina Colada mix
    Triple Sec

etc....
    Nothing to see here.

My cup runneth over
    Were you whining yesterday? I didn't notice. Oh, the turner jersey thing? Na.
    I tried a "new" brew last week. Full Sail brewery has finally stepped up to the plate and put out [commercially available, not an in house little project] an Imperial stout called Black Gold imperial stout, that is aged in bourbon barrels. You can taste the bourbon flavor. Very tastey. Comes in 22 ounce bombers for about five and a half bucks, about 11% alcohol content. Highly recommended.
    Bourbon barrels? Does the Bourbon flavor diminish with successive beer curings?
    One of these days on a night ride I am going to take a chilled beer with me to the top of a climb and enjoy it with the view. It doesn't feel right sucking on water and enjoying the view. Might even improve my downhill skills (in the dark!).

Outcast
    Here's what some internet sources say about it:

The recent influx of bourbon barrel aged stouts in Colorado has been a welcome sight! Last edition we presented the Grand Teton Black Cauldron, which although still very tasty, it really didn’t take on the proper barrel characteristics most other bourbon barrel aged stouts do. It came off as one-dimensional to me, overly-roasted and lacking a bit in body. It had hardly any oak character, so I was disappointed. Most likely it was only aged a few months in oak, which isn’t long enough for true magic to happen. This new beer from Full Sail, a craft brewery in Hood River, Oregon is a complete contrast from the Black Cauldron. It was aged over 10 months in oak barrels, which previously held bourbon whiskey. It truly took on and absorbed oak flavors, giving it notes of vanilla, chocolate, fudge cake, tiramisu and of course, bourbon. I was especially impressed by the aroma, which was alarmingly vibrant and decadent. Lovers of both whiskey and stout, may find this to be the best tasting beverage ever.

According to the users of ratebeer.com, the largest consumer based beer website, the Full Sail Bourbon Black Gold is currently ranked as the 31st best beer in the world…and just to give you an idea, ratebeer has over 40,000 different beers in its database.

Another source:

Full Sail Black Gold Imperial Stout ::

Brewmaster's Reserve 2006

Pinch yourself, kiddies. The dream is over. Full Sail has outdone themselves (congrats John!) on this one. This imperial stout was brewed in 2004, and has been aged in Kentucky Bourbon barrels for 10 months. At 10.5%ABV, this baby has hints of vanilla, oak, chocolate, and many more layers of flavors. Very limited release!

And then the masses rate it: http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/full-sa...l-stout/55488/

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA

Sauza
    Appelton Rum
    Citrus vodka
    Redbull
    Pina Colada mix
    Triple Sec

etc....
    SSINGA, does that all go into one drink?

Time is not a road.
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA

Sauza
    Appelton Rum
    Citrus vodka
    Redbull
    Pina Colada mix
    Triple Sec

etc....
    Might I suggest a bit of SKYY vodka? Less impurities yields a far better morning recovery! Plus, it's cheaper than Grey Goose, Absolute or Stoli (usually). Next least impurities? Smirnof - go figure...

Stray Bullet
    Really F***ing eXepensive...Ghetto Pack Thread

Outcast
    Nagaredama, the K-mart bike forum now resides in the Yeti forum.

Stray Bullet
    Nagaredama, the K-mart bike forum now resides in the Yeti forum.
    I'm too cheap to shop at K-Mart. That is why I support Yeti and Wal-Mart!