No, that's not phonetic

Western States road trip pics 1. Got bandwidth?

Hey gentle Turner folk,

I am going to slap up some pics from our 2 1/2 month, Nevada, Utah, and California road trip. If this thread gets too fat with pics, I may start up others. I have tried to keep the file sizes down while still maintaining picture quality and a nice big view. They are in no particular order and don't tell a specific story, but I will include captions to let you know where they were taken. I will start by moving shots already posted over here to keep it all together. Enjoy...

5 Miles Of Hell, a very cool, very difficult trail in central Utah:

Barny and yours truly on top of Tusher Canyon. Tusher makes Bartlett look like a Walmart parking lot.

Barny and CrashTheDog riding out Tusher:

Bartlett Wash:

Slickrock after a storm:

Gooseberry:

Moore Fun, Fruita (Kokopelli trail):

St. George's Barrel Rolls with CrashTheDog:

Slickrock Swamp/Rockville Bench outside Zion:

Above Napa with Pete:

Auburn, CA with DGC:

Chasing Barny down Highway 1, Marin County, CA:

My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Living the Dream

Simply Amazing

Thanks for making my afternoon.

mtbr member
    Fantastic pictures and great riding. I'm hoping to go to the States (Arizona) around Christmas for some riding - if my American riding buddy doesn't decide to go cross country skiing instead.

You should send some of those pictures into Bike magazine or something. Or the Turner website.

Cheers, Duncan

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Hey gentle Turner folk,

I am going to slap up some pics from our 2 1/2 month, Nevada, Utah, and California road trip. If this thread gets too fat with pics, I may start up others. I have tried to keep the file sizes down while still maintaining picture quality and a nice big view. They are in no particular order and don't tell a specific story, but I will include captions to let you know where they were taken. I will start by moving shots already posted over here to keep it all together. Enjoy...
    You got to spend 2 1/2 months riding?!?!?...dude, you suuuuuuuk!!!!... I'm seriously jealous! Killer looking rides, great pics.

what a joke

Good job!

Wow fella, that pic of Barny on HWY 1 is freaking my eyes out. Its worthy of print media. The rest don't look half bad either.
    blah blah blah

mtbr member

u the man

Yo tscheesy that was fantastic. I cant believe you were in my yard marin and we did not hook up. Hey I am going to moab with my new spot at the end of this month. I will only have two full day's to ride where should we go? I was thinking porcupine and amasa what do you think? Thanks for all your postings they are very helpful.
    Last edited by stevo5; 04-15-2004 at 10:47 PM.

No, that's not phonetic
    Hey Stevo5. Yeah, my biff for not paging Bay Area riders. I mentioned in a few posts I'd be in the area and just kinda left it at that. LMays also contacted me to ride, but too late in the game unfortunately.

If you only have 2 days and have never been to Moab, you should hit some of the classics. Porcupine, Slickrock, and Amasa Back are all good choices. Amasa Back is the shortest of the 3, but arguably the most scenic. All are fun. We were in Moab over 2 weeks so we did some of the lesser known stuff too. There is so much there to ride it is absolutely crazy. Just avoid Poison Spider. I have no idea why that trail is popular. It bites and I only do it as a way off Gold Bar Rim when I'm not in the mood for the Portal Trail.

Have fun out there. Be organized and get an early start.

tscheezy

mtbr member

thanks

Yeah LMAYS told me that he talked to you we were bummed that we couldnt hook up with the cheese. Thank you for the moab thoughts. Do you have a moab contact for more info for us?

No, that's not phonetic
    Contact info? Hmm... well, I "know" AK Ken from the boards here (he has a house there now), and we hooked up with Hfly once we were in town, but mostly we entertained ourselves. Just pick up the two Latitude 40 maps (Moab East and Moab West). They are very handy and show a lot of what is worth riding, in terms of developed rides, quite accurately. Also, page Moabites or experienced riders who will be there at the same time and see who crawls out of the ether.

tscheezy

Trail rider and racer
    Totally cool stuff indeed. Looks like a top riding location.

I really dig that last pic.
    Trev!

Bon Vie

Smile WOW...............a trip to remember

Had to be a trip for the ages. Wonderful shots of all the areas. Envious does not begin the convey the emotions . Thanks for the awesome shots............

Kevin