Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006

Website updated. No 5 spot on the list of bikes...

Whoa! It's official.

Bob

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    It's a sad day...

mtbr member
    Yeah, I was hoping to find a 2013 close out at my (semi) local Turner dealer the other day for CHEAP. No dice. The shop guy said they were all snapped up months ago. I thought 26ers were out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Wow, that's kinda sad. I'm still in love with my 5 Spot. Hope DT keeps some spares around for it.

mtbr member
    When I visited Turner last month, I think they said they hadn't sold a Spot in months.

Kiwi that Flew

Website updated. No 5 spot on the list of bikes...

I guess they need the space on the webpage for when the Mach6 killing 6Spot comes out

Farewell to 26ers though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    There are about 25 5 Spots left, just too few to take up the space or time in the new web site. The last of the 5 Spots are on sale, just call or email with size request.

DT

mtbr member
    I guess the burner is doing everything and more than the spot has been doing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Well at least I can now say I own a classic mountain bike.
    Skye

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesinmud View Post
    I guess the burner is doing everything and more than the spot has been doing.
    I demoed a Flux and a Burner a few weeks back. The Burner I think is more what the RFX used to be and the Flux is definitely what my Spot is as far as a trail bike. I've owned a Spot for many years now and can say that with the larger wheels a Flux with less travel is a better trail bike then my Spot. I apologize to Turner for not typing this up sooner, a full report will be coming. However, bottom line. Based on the roots, rocks, and technical trail riding I like to do here, the new Flux with its larger wheels, lighter weight out climbs, descends and just rides better than my 2007 Spot with HL rear and 27.5 with Magura Thor.

dog's best friend
    May 2004
    Thanks TurnerBikes for a great 10 year run on what has become a classic bike. Many happy trails were ridden with my 03 and then 08 Spots. Still rocking the RFX.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Interesting. After the this little chat goes up, only 1 person contacted us today to buy one of the closeout 5 Spots. You guys might be shedding a tear for the past, but no one actually wants to buy a piece of it. Oh sure. 2 stroke motocross bikes and 57 Chevy's have their place, but it is a pretty small place. RIP 26" trail bike.

DT

dog's best friend
    May 2004
    The website shows 5 spots in only small and xl frames with orange ano. Anything else kicking around?

mtbr member
    yes DT you are right, it would seem the days of the 26" are waining. hopefully in the future the spot name can be resurrected in different form. shame the burner wasn't named the Spot 27.5, the Burner is a great name and great bike, love mine
    who knows, the Burner was resurrected maybe one day the Spot will as well. I also really liked mine over the years, 08, 09, and 11. The Burner for me now does what the Spot did for me just better.
    "Live dangerously and you live right."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes View Post
    Interesting. After the this little chat goes up, only 1 person contacted us today to buy one of the closeout 5 Spots. You guys might be shedding a tear for the past, but no one actually wants to buy a piece of it. Oh sure. 2 stroke motocross bikes and 57 Chevy's have their place, but it is a pretty small place. RIP 26" trail bike.

DT
    I am just waiting for the ibike and outerbike demos to go on sale... Santa is coming.

Need (want) a large burner, flux, czar or sultan. Not sure which...
    Last edited by bobo_krkk_NIN; 11-07-2013 at 06:28 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    This gave me all the reasons why I should keep my 5spot. Its a classic. And since its no longer in production, we owners should feel privileged we own one ready to shred some trails! Im keeping this to "my royce can attract more chicks than your ferrari brah!"

tg
    mtbr member
    Im I just an old retogrouch fart for still loving my 08 Flux ..... Colorado riding
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Website updated.  No 5 spot on the list of bikes...-downsized_0426131804.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    went to the updated website, checked out a few bikes' geometry & "what the...?" why would Dave bother listing wheelbases? such useless info
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Sounds like there's no incentive to upgrade at all here, as they've got 24 bikes worth of spare parts.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Hodge, the only reason we added WB is that many riders ask. Instead of buying a bike that fits they would rather guess what it will ride like based on wheelbase, and this analysis based on the wheel base of a different brand model, and NOW, wheel size bike! But, instead explaining the bike should fit first we decided to provide the info the riders want and let them buy based on the numbers they think are applicable.

DT

Kiwi that Flew
    ...them buy based on the numbers they think are applicable.

DT
    Numbers are good. More info the better IMO.

Cheers DT&Crew

Deano

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hi Dave,

If you have a spare large triangle from 2011 onwards I would be interested in upgrading..

Neil

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I had a total of 4 Five Spots, H-Link, TNT and 2x DW. Getting my first spot was an absolute game changer for me. It was the first suspension bike that did not feel like a noodle to me.

I now have a Sultan. Maybe I have to add a Burner at some point.

mtbr member

DT
    I have a two-stroke motorcycle still........and a 26" wheeled bike

Wouldn't mind having a 2012 Spot as back-up/2nd bike..... but it would have to be discounted deeply to steer me away from the flux or Czar or similar bigger wheeled siren. Se' la vi
    Last edited by KRob; 11-15-2013 at 06:39 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    There are about 25 5 Spots left, just too few to take up the space or time in the new web site. The last of the 5 Spots are on sale, just call or email with size request.

DT
    no mediums
    breezy shade

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast