Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack

the weather is here, wish you were beautiful

hello from washington dc.

im out visiting my dad and some other various family while i have some free time and gettin in some road miles. at 74, he and his wife nancy can pound out a 45 mile day likes its a speed run to the wine store with 10 min left before company shows up. friggin amazing these 2 are. there are country roads all over the region and they all rock! the bike trail system is outstanding around the dc area and covers alot of ground. yesterday we took off on a 43 miler that started from the house, wound through downtown arlington, decended through the middle of arlington cemetary on our way to the banks of the patomac where the bike trail waited to take us up to mt vernon, passing a ospry nest, yaht clubs, small quaint villages and the approach to the runway at reagan itl airport, all while ridin through a canopy of trees on super twisty-fun pave'..

the last 3 days have been a blur of wonderful people, country roads, fine food and cocktail hours. today we will hit up the new air and space museum, a must do for a apollo geek such as myself. this will mark the 1st time ive been to the new venue outside of town at dulles airport and im fully pumped. tonight we eat at my fave 4 star joint, the atlantico, for the best steak on the planet. there is none higher.

im on dial up here so the pics will have to wait till i get home. hope everyones well and the drama is low.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Lay off the Levers
    Nice brah. Looking forward to the shots.
    Countdown to Whistler 2012...
    July can't come fast enough!

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    wow! what a day! we did everything i promised we would and on the way back to the metro after dinner, spent 3 hours walkin basically from the capitol to the lincoln monument along the mall in the rain, stoppin at all the war and presidential monuments along the way not to mention the white house and several fed buildings, and all on a whim. friggin amazing evening. and yes, i took pics. lets hope these turn out. but alas all good things must end so its back home in a few hours. drag. ive always felt this was a town i could live in.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Leash Law Enforcer
    CC,

I just flew back last night from D.C. I was there the whole week. What a beautiful place! It was my third time there in the last 8 months or so. I love it more each time I go. I think that road riding would be a great way to see everything out there and then some. But, they have some seriously crazy drivers out there. Everytime I walk the Mall and see some cyclists without helmets riding side by side with the cars I can't help but wonder what drugs they are on. I always thought the drivers in CA were bad before I visited D.C. It would be fun to go ride some of those country roads though.
    "I didn't even use crutches when I broke my leg!" - Aquaholic