Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

wasting my life (smellsworth content)

got this sent through from a person i used to call a friend! http://www.ellsworthbikes.com/flash/ICT/main.html
    watched it several times and still have no idea what it all means. wishing now i'd just ridden my bike.........
    sorry if you've already seen this.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    i need a shower after seein that. had i made it past his intro i may have needed a desmugnification wash.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Front Range, Colorado
    Yata, yata, yata.........

mtbr member
    I took the ICT challenge!

Trophy Husband
    I've been slimed....
    KensFaceSlimedlrg.jpg
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member

What the hell!

What the is difference between an ellsworth and turner? They work exactly the same but, turners don't dent or break as easily imo.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    you watched it several times? i couldn't make it through one.
    breezy shade

Surfin' da mountain
    Years ago I was pretty serious about buying an Ellsworth. All the reviews indicated it was a great riding bike. When I was at the shop about to plunk down the cash, some dude walked in and said, "Nice bike, but if you break it you're screwed." I took that to mean "difficult warranty department."

A week later I bought an XCE - it had a Horst Link and the warranty was very good.

If I understand that demonstration correctly, my Horst Link SPOT rides as well as any ICT bike AND it has a good warrranty (crash replacement program).

I am constantly reminded about the choice I made.

TLL
    mtbr member

Nice shirt, Tony!

The vid had a number of glitches . . . the stoopid rad kewl music kept playing during Tony's lecture (edit, I just figured out how to fix that)

Turner videos are better: Less talk, more riding, slightly better music.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6787104sjQMm2Z5
    Last edited by TLL; 07-08-2008 at 06:22 PM.
    Hadley rear hub service here and here.

trail fairy
    You said it TLL

Less talking bs and more riding
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    It would be better if he hired a spokesperson to speak for him when he got the urge to talk.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    I'd have expected more original music to go along with the nice Gothik font. Who'da expected such cheesy rock riffs?

banned
    I really wonder what's going on inside those walls now that Mike, Dan, and Troy, TE's three manufacturing guys walked out together a short time ago.

No, that's not phonetic
    Dunno, I kinda liked the tutorial. I'm glad to see that my faux bars only lose half as much energy compared to those calorie-sucking vpp bikes.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

banned
    Did anyone notice how TE altered the rocker angle of the "blue rocker arm frame" that was there?

I could swear that in reality, it's a lot closer to horizontal than the drawing.

Can he not leave things the way they are for the consumers to decide themselves? Does he always have to resort to dirty tricks to sell a product that is likely decent to begin with?

"Riders know"

Now that I see Zakster reading this, before he goes back to trashing Turner, I was wondering if he's willing to change his signature in light of recent statements made by DT.

Ridin' in iRie meditation
    Obviously there's a strong bias against TE and Ells on this board and thus, the reaction to this video is decidedly negative, but from a marketing perspective it's not a bad.

I personally don't have anything against Ells; I've never ridden or owned one, and never will as I can't imagine anything riding better than my Spot. Nonetheless, I do like what he's done here. I wouldn't mind seeing more of this type of marketing from other bike manufacturers.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMountain
    It would be better if he hired a spokesperson to speak for him when he got the urge to talk.
    Isn't that Rogue Rider Kenny, among others in the past? None of them did very well in that capacity, and not due to incoming complaints at all. Hiring by ego, as it's been called "over there".

Now the manufacturing team walks out...oof.

No, that's not phonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Did anyone notice how TE altered the rocker angle of the "blue rocker arm frame" that was there?

I could swear that in reality, it's a lot closer to horizontal than the drawing.
    Despite the fact that no rider is pictured, the rocker angle makes sense if the bike were sagged, which would also make sense in the context of this "tutorial."
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Despite the fact that no rider is pictured, the rocker angle makes sense if the bike were sagged, which would also make sense in the context of this "tutorial."
    Guess you didn't see the EW frame was posed as unsagged in the same simulation.

I thought that you, of all people, would have noticed that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken

Can he not leave things the way they are for the consumers to decide themselves? Does he always have to resort to dirty tricks to sell a product that is likely decent to begin with?

"Riders know"

Now that I see Zakster reading this, before he goes back to trashing Turner, I was wondering if he's willing to change his signature in light of recent statements made by DT.
    Yes I am reading it, along with a few others sat with me; we are laughing our heads off. Some of you are so hypocritical - you dish it out (constantly) but really can't handle it back. I used to own a couple of Turners, they were great but I wasn't riding them enough as I was enjoying my Moment. All the other forums here people just get on with the riding and give good advice and have a good time - what do you get from this forum? Constant b***ching and whining and moaning, usually about Ells - is this thread not a prime example of dragging up the same old rubbish? You don't own and Ellsworth so get over it and move on. Once again the same old axe grinds away on the Turner forum. If your Turner is so great (which they are), why feel the need to go on about how rubbish Ellsworth are?

But if anyone dares to dis Turner on this forum..

At the end of the day like most people I care not about the views of a few bitter and twisted people on the end of an internet connection. I ride a great bike, have had great support and CS and ride some of the best trails in the world.

BTW, I'm entitled to my opinion, on this forum and any other - just like yourself.
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member

What this thread needs is............

...definitely more of this!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The reason dogs have so many friends is that they wag their tail instead of their tongues.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakster
    Yes I am reading it, along with a few others sat with me; we are laughing our heads off. Some of you are so hypocritical - you dish it out (constantly) but really can't handle it back. I used to own a couple of Turners, they were great but I wasn't riding them enough as I was enjoying my Moment. All the other forums here people just get on with the riding and give good advice and have a good time - what do you get from this forum? Constant b***ching and whining and moaning, usually about Ells - is this thread not a prime example of dragging up the same old rubbish? You don't own and Ellsworth so get over it and move on. Once again the same old axe grinds away on the Turner forum. If your Turner is so great (which they are), why feel the need to go on about how rubbish Ellsworth are?

At the end of the day like most people I care not about the views of a few bitter and twisted people on the end of an internet connection. I ride a great bike, have had great support and CS and ride some of the best trails in the world.

BTW, I'm entitled to my opinion, on this forum and any other - just like yourself.
    Yeah, the difference is that Ellsworth wants to sell bikes so bad that they continue to shoot themselves in the foot. Your post might have an ounce of merit if Ellsworth wasn't up to their old tricks (part of which must be the philosophy, "The customer is always wrong").

Just go look at the "Epiphany is the lightest 5" bike in the world" thread. Several people commented on the fact that this was a false claim, and that it wasn't the lightest bike in the world. One of the reasons that I'm happy with Turner as a company is that they aren't out there waving all sorts of flags and spewing crap like that to try and sell bikes. Then when people start complaining about this (it's not that the bike weighs .5lbs more than the next, it's just the arrogance of the claim), you have an Ellsworth employee saying that the website does not make this claim and that he can't understand what all the fuss is about. This because once again ellsworth CHANGED the website and then went back and acted like customers are stupid or something because the website obviously doesn't make the claim they said it does. This could be an honest mistake, but it also shows you the arrogance of the company. They have no problems putting out claims like this (and if that was all it was then that wouldn't be a huge deal). They have no problems essentially calling everyone an idiot and not admitting the original mistake.

Of course it's happened before, with the Id review that tony ellsworth mis-quoted and changed to favor his bike, and then when people called him on the website he changed it and said everyone was mistaken.

People aren't as stupid as ellsworth thinks. They don't admit fault, they don't apollogize, they do just about anything to try and sell bikes and make a buck. I realize that a business exists to make money, but I can never support the way that they go about it.

TE has all the makings of a hilarous South Park character. Pathalogical liar, tight-a$$ with warrenty, "the customer is wrong and was taking safety breaks during drops in moab", and so on. Too bad that many people wouldn't get it, but oh-so-funny.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakster

Nicely said

Just roll it......
    Overall, not a bad flash demo and it probably will sell a lot of bikes for Ellsworth.

My primary issue with their company is that they consistently produce bikes that are too light for their intended applications. When those bikes break and result in warranty claims (like my buddy's ID a couple months ago), they've moved on to a new design and the "crash replacement" - in this case a Moment - usually costs a current owner more than a new frame from a competing brand. As such, folks like my buddy switch to a new brand (he went with the new 575) with no intention of buying another EW again. Of course, that story is then passed around to our extended group of 20+ riders.

Cheers,
    EB

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Yeah, the difference is that Ellsworth wants to sell bikes so bad that they continue to shoot themselves in the foot. Your post might have an ounce of merit if Ellsworth wasn't up to their old tricks (part of which must be the philosophy, "The customer is always wrong").

Just go look at the "Epiphany is the lightest 5" bike in the world" thread. Several people commented on the fact that this was a false claim, and that it wasn't the lightest bike in the world. One of the reasons that I'm happy with Turner as a company is that they aren't out there waving all sorts of flags and spewing crap like that to try and sell bikes. Then when people start complaining about this (it's not that the bike weighs .5lbs more than the next, it's just the arrogance of the claim), you have an Ellsworth employee saying that the website does not make this claim and that he can't understand what all the fuss is about. This because once again ellsworth CHANGED the website and then went back and acted like customers are stupid or something because the website obviously doesn't make the claim they said it does. This could be an honest mistake, but it also shows you the arrogance of the company. They have no problems putting out claims like this (and if that was all it was then that wouldn't be a huge deal). They have no problems essentially calling everyone an idiot and not admitting the original mistake.

Of course it's happened before, with the Id review that tony ellsworth mis-quoted and changed to favor his bike, and then when people called him on the website he changed it and said everyone was mistaken.

People aren't as stupid as ellsworth thinks. They don't admit fault, they don't apollogize, they do just about anything to try and sell bikes and make a buck. I realize that a business exists to make money, but I can never support the way that they go about it.

TE has all the makings of a hilarous South Park character. Pathalogical liar, tight-a$$ with warrenty, "the customer is wrong and was taking safety breaks during drops in moab", and so on. Too bad that many people wouldn't get it, but oh-so-funny.
    Damn you're eaten up bad

I care not of your opinion, I doubt whether TE does either - probably laughing all the way to the bank as you say and I'm sure his retirement will be way more fun than your own. Judging by the sales of Ells compared to Turner where I come from I think he's doing pretty well. Here's a novel idea, why not got to the factory and meet Tony, have a chat, hurl abuse? Then the normal people, who ride bikes, have a laugh etc can get on with riding. I got a Moment because I test rode one and it blew me away. I chatted to the dealer at the time - a really nice guy in NZ called Clarke. I bought it because I liked it and I liked the backup I saw not because I was pressurized by people like you to fit into a certain group. Nearly 3 years later and plenty of Alpine abuse my bike is still begging for more. You like your HL Turner, I like my Moment - life goes on and we all like to ride. Jerkchicken made a funny statement about me trashing Turner (can't see where) while at the same time like yourself trashing Ells, almost obsessed to the point of stalker bunny boiler style. Why not just ride your bike, smile and be glad you don't own an Ellsworth and you are part of the coolest gang in the playground? Then you can move on and that big throbbing vain on the side of your neck won't burst.

I'm planning my next trip, loads of uplifts followed by heading down for 4hrs
    "[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

Dave Turner[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast