Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 63
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    528

    wasting my life (smellsworth content)

    got this sent through from a person i used to call a friend! http://www.ellsworthbikes.com/flash/ICT/main.html
    watched it several times and still have no idea what it all means. wishing now i'd just ridden my bike.........
    sorry if you've already seen this.

  2. #2
    Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    Reputation: cactuscorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12,942
    i need a shower after seein that. had i made it past his intro i may have needed a desmugnification wash.
    No, I'm NOT back!

  3. #3
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    28,028
    Yata, yata, yata.........

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AZ mtber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    68
    I took the ICT challenge!

  5. #5
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,012
    I've been slimed....
    KensFaceSlimedlrg.jpg
    Extreme stationary biker.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: prooperator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    514

    What the hell!

    What the is difference between an ellsworth and turner? They work exactly the same but, turners don't dent or break as easily imo.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,669
    you watched it several times? i couldn't make it through one.
    breezy shade

  8. #8
    Surfin' da mountain
    Reputation: Cucucachu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    809
    Years ago I was pretty serious about buying an Ellsworth. All the reviews indicated it was a great riding bike. When I was at the shop about to plunk down the cash, some dude walked in and said, "Nice bike, but if you break it you're screwed." I took that to mean "difficult warranty department."

    A week later I bought an XCE - it had a Horst Link and the warranty was very good.

    If I understand that demonstration correctly, my Horst Link SPOT rides as well as any ICT bike AND it has a good warrranty (crash replacement program).

    I am constantly reminded about the choice I made.

  9. #9
    TLL
    TLL is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,061

    Nice shirt, Tony!

    The vid had a number of glitches . . . the stoopid rad kewl music kept playing during Tony's lecture (edit, I just figured out how to fix that)

    Turner videos are better: Less talk, more riding, slightly better music.

    http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6787104sjQMm2Z5
    Last edited by TLL; 07-08-2008 at 07:22 PM.
    Hadley rear hub service here and here.

  10. #10
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,554
    You said it TLL

    Less talking bs and more riding
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BlueMountain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    891
    It would be better if he hired a spokesperson to speak for him when he got the urge to talk.

  12. #12
    Five is right out
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,174
    I'd have expected more original music to go along with the nice Gothik font. Who'da expected such cheesy rock riffs?

  13. #13
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    I really wonder what's going on inside those walls now that Mike, Dan, and Troy, TE's three manufacturing guys walked out together a short time ago.

  14. #14
    No, that's not phonetic
    Reputation: tscheezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,363
    Dunno, I kinda liked the tutorial. I'm glad to see that my faux bars only lose half as much energy compared to those calorie-sucking vpp bikes.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

  15. #15
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Did anyone notice how TE altered the rocker angle of the "blue rocker arm frame" that was there?

    I could swear that in reality, it's a lot closer to horizontal than the drawing.

    Can he not leave things the way they are for the consumers to decide themselves? Does he always have to resort to dirty tricks to sell a product that is likely decent to begin with?

    "Riders know"

    Now that I see Zakster reading this, before he goes back to trashing Turner, I was wondering if he's willing to change his signature in light of recent statements made by DT.

  16. #16
    Ridin' in iRie meditation
    Reputation: TurnerFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    312
    Obviously there's a strong bias against TE and Ells on this board and thus, the reaction to this video is decidedly negative, but from a marketing perspective it's not a bad.

    I personally don't have anything against Ells; I've never ridden or owned one, and never will as I can't imagine anything riding better than my Spot. Nonetheless, I do like what he's done here. I wouldn't mind seeing more of this type of marketing from other bike manufacturers.

  17. #17
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMountain
    It would be better if he hired a spokesperson to speak for him when he got the urge to talk.
    Isn't that Rogue Rider Kenny, among others in the past? None of them did very well in that capacity, and not due to incoming complaints at all. Hiring by ego, as it's been called "over there".

    Now the manufacturing team walks out...oof.

  18. #18
    No, that's not phonetic
    Reputation: tscheezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Did anyone notice how TE altered the rocker angle of the "blue rocker arm frame" that was there?

    I could swear that in reality, it's a lot closer to horizontal than the drawing.
    Despite the fact that no rider is pictured, the rocker angle makes sense if the bike were sagged, which would also make sense in the context of this "tutorial."
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

  19. #19
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Despite the fact that no rider is pictured, the rocker angle makes sense if the bike were sagged, which would also make sense in the context of this "tutorial."
    Guess you didn't see the EW frame was posed as unsagged in the same simulation.

    I thought that you, of all people, would have noticed that.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Did anyone notice how TE altered the rocker angle of the "blue rocker arm frame" that was there?

    I could swear that in reality, it's a lot closer to horizontal than the drawing.

    Can he not leave things the way they are for the consumers to decide themselves? Does he always have to resort to dirty tricks to sell a product that is likely decent to begin with?

    "Riders know"

    Now that I see Zakster reading this, before he goes back to trashing Turner, I was wondering if he's willing to change his signature in light of recent statements made by DT.
    Yes I am reading it, along with a few others sat with me; we are laughing our heads off. Some of you are so hypocritical - you dish it out (constantly) but really can't handle it back. I used to own a couple of Turners, they were great but I wasn't riding them enough as I was enjoying my Moment. All the other forums here people just get on with the riding and give good advice and have a good time - what do you get from this forum? Constant b***ching and whining and moaning, usually about Ells - is this thread not a prime example of dragging up the same old rubbish? You don't own and Ellsworth so get over it and move on. Once again the same old axe grinds away on the Turner forum. If your Turner is so great (which they are), why feel the need to go on about how rubbish Ellsworth are?

    But if anyone dares to dis Turner on this forum..

    At the end of the day like most people I care not about the views of a few bitter and twisted people on the end of an internet connection. I ride a great bike, have had great support and CS and ride some of the best trails in the world.

    BTW, I'm entitled to my opinion, on this forum and any other - just like yourself.
    "but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

    Dave Turner


  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: steve47co1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    982

    What this thread needs is............

    ...definitely more of this!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The reason dogs have so many friends is that they wag their tail instead of their tongues.

  22. #22
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    25,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakster
    Yes I am reading it, along with a few others sat with me; we are laughing our heads off. Some of you are so hypocritical - you dish it out (constantly) but really can't handle it back. I used to own a couple of Turners, they were great but I wasn't riding them enough as I was enjoying my Moment. All the other forums here people just get on with the riding and give good advice and have a good time - what do you get from this forum? Constant b***ching and whining and moaning, usually about Ells - is this thread not a prime example of dragging up the same old rubbish? You don't own and Ellsworth so get over it and move on. Once again the same old axe grinds away on the Turner forum. If your Turner is so great (which they are), why feel the need to go on about how rubbish Ellsworth are?

    But if anyone dares to dis Turner on this forum..

    At the end of the day like most people I care not about the views of a few bitter and twisted people on the end of an internet connection. I ride a great bike, have had great support and CS and ride some of the best trails in the world.

    BTW, I'm entitled to my opinion, on this forum and any other - just like yourself.
    Yeah, the difference is that Ellsworth wants to sell bikes so bad that they continue to shoot themselves in the foot. Your post might have an ounce of merit if Ellsworth wasn't up to their old tricks (part of which must be the philosophy, "The customer is always wrong").

    Just go look at the "Epiphany is the lightest 5" bike in the world" thread. Several people commented on the fact that this was a false claim, and that it wasn't the lightest bike in the world. One of the reasons that I'm happy with Turner as a company is that they aren't out there waving all sorts of flags and spewing crap like that to try and sell bikes. Then when people start complaining about this (it's not that the bike weighs .5lbs more than the next, it's just the arrogance of the claim), you have an Ellsworth employee saying that the website does not make this claim and that he can't understand what all the fuss is about. This because once again ellsworth CHANGED the website and then went back and acted like customers are stupid or something because the website obviously doesn't make the claim they said it does. This could be an honest mistake, but it also shows you the arrogance of the company. They have no problems putting out claims like this (and if that was all it was then that wouldn't be a huge deal). They have no problems essentially calling everyone an idiot and not admitting the original mistake.

    Of course it's happened before, with the Id review that tony ellsworth mis-quoted and changed to favor his bike, and then when people called him on the website he changed it and said everyone was mistaken.

    People aren't as stupid as ellsworth thinks. They don't admit fault, they don't apollogize, they do just about anything to try and sell bikes and make a buck. I realize that a business exists to make money, but I can never support the way that they go about it.

    TE has all the makings of a hilarous South Park character. Pathalogical liar, tight-a$$ with warrenty, "the customer is wrong and was taking safety breaks during drops in moab", and so on. Too bad that many people wouldn't get it, but oh-so-funny.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakster
    Yes I am reading it, along with a few others sat with me; we are laughing our heads off. Some of you are so hypocritical - you dish it out (constantly) but really can't handle it back. I used to own a couple of Turners, they were great but I wasn't riding them enough as I was enjoying my Moment. All the other forums here people just get on with the riding and give good advice and have a good time - what do you get from this forum? Constant b***ching and whining and moaning, usually about Ells - is this thread not a prime example of dragging up the same old rubbish? You don't own and Ellsworth so get over it and move on. Once again the same old axe grinds away on the Turner forum. If your Turner is so great (which they are), why feel the need to go on about how rubbish Ellsworth are?

    But if anyone dares to dis Turner on this forum..

    At the end of the day like most people I care not about the views of a few bitter and twisted people on the end of an internet connection. I ride a great bike, have had great support and CS and ride some of the best trails in the world.

    BTW, I'm entitled to my opinion, on this forum and any other - just like yourself.

    Nicely said

  24. #24
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,556
    Overall, not a bad flash demo and it probably will sell a lot of bikes for Ellsworth.

    My primary issue with their company is that they consistently produce bikes that are too light for their intended applications. When those bikes break and result in warranty claims (like my buddy's ID a couple months ago), they've moved on to a new design and the "crash replacement" - in this case a Moment - usually costs a current owner more than a new frame from a competing brand. As such, folks like my buddy switch to a new brand (he went with the new 575) with no intention of buying another EW again. Of course, that story is then passed around to our extended group of 20+ riders.

    Cheers,
    EB

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    Yeah, the difference is that Ellsworth wants to sell bikes so bad that they continue to shoot themselves in the foot. Your post might have an ounce of merit if Ellsworth wasn't up to their old tricks (part of which must be the philosophy, "The customer is always wrong").

    Just go look at the "Epiphany is the lightest 5" bike in the world" thread. Several people commented on the fact that this was a false claim, and that it wasn't the lightest bike in the world. One of the reasons that I'm happy with Turner as a company is that they aren't out there waving all sorts of flags and spewing crap like that to try and sell bikes. Then when people start complaining about this (it's not that the bike weighs .5lbs more than the next, it's just the arrogance of the claim), you have an Ellsworth employee saying that the website does not make this claim and that he can't understand what all the fuss is about. This because once again ellsworth CHANGED the website and then went back and acted like customers are stupid or something because the website obviously doesn't make the claim they said it does. This could be an honest mistake, but it also shows you the arrogance of the company. They have no problems putting out claims like this (and if that was all it was then that wouldn't be a huge deal). They have no problems essentially calling everyone an idiot and not admitting the original mistake.

    Of course it's happened before, with the Id review that tony ellsworth mis-quoted and changed to favor his bike, and then when people called him on the website he changed it and said everyone was mistaken.

    People aren't as stupid as ellsworth thinks. They don't admit fault, they don't apollogize, they do just about anything to try and sell bikes and make a buck. I realize that a business exists to make money, but I can never support the way that they go about it.

    TE has all the makings of a hilarous South Park character. Pathalogical liar, tight-a$$ with warrenty, "the customer is wrong and was taking safety breaks during drops in moab", and so on. Too bad that many people wouldn't get it, but oh-so-funny.
    Damn you're eaten up bad

    I care not of your opinion, I doubt whether TE does either - probably laughing all the way to the bank as you say and I'm sure his retirement will be way more fun than your own. Judging by the sales of Ells compared to Turner where I come from I think he's doing pretty well. Here's a novel idea, why not got to the factory and meet Tony, have a chat, hurl abuse? Then the normal people, who ride bikes, have a laugh etc can get on with riding. I got a Moment because I test rode one and it blew me away. I chatted to the dealer at the time - a really nice guy in NZ called Clarke. I bought it because I liked it and I liked the backup I saw not because I was pressurized by people like you to fit into a certain group. Nearly 3 years later and plenty of Alpine abuse my bike is still begging for more. You like your HL Turner, I like my Moment - life goes on and we all like to ride. Jerkchicken made a funny statement about me trashing Turner (can't see where) while at the same time like yourself trashing Ells, almost obsessed to the point of stalker bunny boiler style. Why not just ride your bike, smile and be glad you don't own an Ellsworth and you are part of the coolest gang in the playground? Then you can move on and that big throbbing vain on the side of your neck won't burst.


    I'm planning my next trip, loads of uplifts followed by heading down for 4hrs
    "but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

    Dave Turner


  26. #26
    My cup runneth over
    Reputation: rmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,264
    Moderators:

    Please create a whining and b1tching forum for JC/Jayem/Zakster et al to pontificate, argue and counter-pontificate to their hearts content.

    Thanks.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by rmac
    Moderators:

    Please create a whining and b1tching forum for JC/Jayem/Zakster et al to pontificate, argue and counter-pontificate to their hearts content.

    Thanks.
    I thought this was it? I was just writing my opinion as someone quoted my name. This kind of thing doesn't really happen on other forums unless Jayem & co start the usual mud slinging on the Ells board.
    "but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

    Dave Turner


  28. #28
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakster
    Yes I am reading it, along with a few others sat with me; we are laughing our heads off. Some of you are so hypocritical - you dish it out (constantly) but really can't handle it back. I used to own a couple of Turners, they were great but I wasn't riding them enough as I was enjoying my Moment. All the other forums here people just get on with the riding and give good advice and have a good time - what do you get from this forum? Constant b***ching and whining and moaning, usually about Ells - is this thread not a prime example of dragging up the same old rubbish? You don't own and Ellsworth so get over it and move on. Once again the same old axe grinds away on the Turner forum. If your Turner is so great (which they are), why feel the need to go on about how rubbish Ellsworth are?

    But if anyone dares to dis Turner on this forum..

    At the end of the day like most people I care not about the views of a few bitter and twisted people on the end of an internet connection. I ride a great bike, have had great support and CS and ride some of the best trails in the world.

    BTW, I'm entitled to my opinion, on this forum and any other - just like yourself.
    Yes, yes, you conveniently had a club of Ellsworth followers at hand at the right possible moment to be able to share a brew and laugh all the way to the end of the thread.

    First thing, you post lots of noise on the EW about "venom", yet look at your signature. Not only is it exactly what you complain so much about, but you don't seem to keep up with DT's post history. There's a hint, go check it out and change your signature.

    Next, your endless defense of the company is just as ludicrous as "Boss", who is an EW distributor who does nothing but dispute nicely claims of failing EW's, talking about the hundreds he's owned personally over the years. Right, if you turnover so many, you're not getting the ride time to finally fatigue the bad frames prematurely. Additionally, all the talk was about no word of any broken Moments, now someone comes on with a broken one. No talk. On top of that, your cohorts there all knew about the broken Mg rockers, but it took someone to finally speak up about it to get the rest of you to acknowledge they were problems as well. Now the other fact is that people elsewhere on the boards don't go after EW owners. Nobody really cares too much about what someone is riding. Their choice, no biggie. You have people that go after the company's claims, especially outright lies about Turner to get people to sway their decision to buy EW. You attack Turner owners. There's a big difference there.

    I care not of your opinion, I doubt whether TE does either - probably laughing all the way to the bank as you say and I'm sure his retirement will be way more fun than your own. Judging by the sales of Ells compared to Turner where I come from I think he's doing pretty well.
    EW's got problems of his own, such as his manufacturing dept walking out in unison two weeks ago. These were the big guys from SAPA he hired away from them and now can't go back if they wanted. These are Mike, Dan, and Troy, to which Kenny wouldn't answer what happened to them. I don't think there's much production going on now because of this. You are free to confirm this information with EW. He's probably not happy that the story got out and people are now talking.

    If you want to also be more factual, Turner has had his best sales since the TNT/ICT patent fiasco. EW actually turned more people onto Turner through his own advertising.
    Last edited by Jerk_Chicken; 07-08-2008 at 01:54 PM.

  29. #29
    Elitest thrill junkie
    Reputation: Jayem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    25,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakster

    I care not of your opinion
    I disagree, your reply shows that you care a lot.

    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDwiTxXzFsA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDwiTxXzFsA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

    It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

    You're turning black metallic.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BlueMountain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    891
    Ellsworth isn't doing that well actually, though "not doing well" may still translate to "rich" in my book, at the end of the day. They are getting their clocks cleaned by the Mojo and the Mach 5, that actually do ride pretty efficiently. Not that Ellsworths ride badly but damn, the marketing BS is pretty silly and overdone. What does hurt them the most is the reputation they have earned, even turning me off. Then of course, that Rogue Rider character starts off like a mini TE and goes after some ex-customer or current customer and then tries to smooth it over with some dumb Bender post.

    While they have such tools working for them and an unethical owner running the show, they will continue to get their clocks cleaned each year. With those three SAPA guys walking and TE not being able to hire a proper design guy either, they must be in a state of turmoil. Well, the bikes are not bad and most of the riders are cool but with TE and Tools running the show, it will be an uphill battle this year. Last year was no party for them either.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Yes, yes, you conveniently had a club of Ellsworth followers at hand at the right possible moment to be able to share a brew and laugh all the way to the end of the thread.

    First thing, you post lots of noise on the EW about "venom", yet look at your signature. Not only is it exactly what you complain so much about, but you don't seem to keep up with DT's post history. There's a hint, go check it out and change your signature.

    Next, your endless defense of the company is just as ludicrous as "Boss", who is an EW distributor who does nothing but dispute nicely claims of failing EW's, talking about the hundreds he's owned personally over the years. Right, if you turnover so many, you're not getting the ride time to finally fatigue the bad frames prematurely. Additionally, all the talk was about no word of any broken Moments, now someone comes on with a broken one. No talk. On top of that, your cohorts there all knew about the broken Mg rockers, but it took someone to finally speak up about it to get the rest of you to acknowledge they were problems as well. Now the other fact is that people elsewhere on the boards don't go after EW owners. Nobody really cares too much about what someone is riding. Their choice, no biggie. You have people that go after the company's claims, especially outright lies about Turner to get people to sway their decision to buy EW. You attack Turner owners. There's a big difference there.



    EW's got problems of his own, such as his manufacturing dept walking out in unison two weeks ago. These were the big guys from SAPA he hired away from them and now can't go back if they wanted. These are Mike, Dan, and Troy, to which Kenny wouldn't answer what happened to them. I don't think there's much production going on now because of this.

    If you want to also be more factual, Turner has had his best sales since the TNT/ICT patent fiasco. EW actually turned more people onto Turner through his own advertising.

    To be honest rants like that speaks volumes. I think it reflects worse on you than anyone else - as a Turner owner just pm'd me and correctly stated you don't represent the opinion of everyone here.

    To answer your troubled mind, the 'followers' with me are a Turner owner (6 pack), Cove owner (Hustler) and a Moots softail - and an owner of a SS with no badge.

    The venom statement, ooo let me see probably said that once or twice, probably on one of your moaning threads on the Ells board. "You post lots of noise", I think not. Why do I have to change my signature? Are you going to get Jayem to change his? So because DT has said what he has said about Faux bar I have to take that as gospel? That would be like me saying change your opinion of E because of what Tony said?

    My endless defence of Ellsworth is ludicrous? Perhaps I could say your endless defence of everything DT is ludicrous? You see what I'm doing here - I'm just pointing out how utterly pointless this all is. Do you know BOSS to start attacking him now? What has he done to you? Have you met him? You now say he lies?

    Talk of no broken Moments? I think you'll find I and others posted on that thread, in a nice grown up manner. Everyone knew about the mag rockers, that bit of your statement was a clear indication of how eaten up you are by it. You make it sound like some government cover up.

    "You attack Turner owners". Where? Should I punch the Turner owner sitting next to me? I must just do that if he doesn't stop laughing.

    I always find it amazing how people know so much of what is going on inside and company and why things happen - without actually working there or knowing the facts. Still it's easier to mud sling on the end of a computer terminal about a company you hate - while moaning about people dissing the company you love.

    I like riding my bike, I'm glad I'm not eaten up. Hate is a terrible affliction.
    "but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

    Dave Turner


  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    I disagree, your reply shows that you care a lot.

    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDwiTxXzFsA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDwiTxXzFsA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

    It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it.
    ok, it's true, I do care about you - deeply!
    "but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

    Dave Turner


  33. #33
    the train keeps rollin
    Reputation: snowdrifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,212
    Why did Smellsworth leave the DW-Link out?
    beaver hunt

  34. #34
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdrifter
    Why did Smellsworth leave the DW-Link out?
    Not that I have an answer for that, but what he did leave out was the later Specialized rocker designs that scream of ICT. He also makes a strong delineation between his design and FSR, but meanwhile, I directly asked a Spec engineer (pay attention to the boards and you'll know who he is) and he directly answered that EW licenses the FSR patent from Specialized.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BlueMountain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Not that I have an answer for that, but what he did leave out was the later Specialized rocker designs that scream of ICT. He also makes a strong delineation between his design and FSR, but meanwhile, I directly asked a Spec engineer (pay attention to the boards and you'll know who he is) and he directly answered that EW licenses the FSR patent from Specialized.
    Yes, TE does get/license the FSR from Specy.

  36. #36
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,554
    What this threads needs is more
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  37. #37
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Despite the fact that no rider is pictured, the rocker angle makes sense if the bike were sagged, which would also make sense in the context of this "tutorial."
    Just viewed again and EW definitely altered the Turner's graphic to unequally portray the static rocker angle compared to the static rocker angle of the EW.

    It's the little tricks of his that show where he's coming from. He's bent on using his intelligence for subversive acts, rather than the company's good, which is why there's no one in manufacturing now. These guys I've heard were top guys at SAPA and it was a big deal to lose such top influential people to EW, now they walk? Must be a reason behind it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zakster
    <long post>
    I'm glad I'm not eaten up.
    Obviously
    Last edited by Jerk_Chicken; 07-08-2008 at 03:52 PM.

  38. #38
    My cup runneth over
    Reputation: rmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakster
    I thought this was it? I was just writing my opinion as someone quoted my name. This kind of thing doesn't really happen on other forums unless Jayem & co start the usual mud slinging on the Ells board.
    You were just too easily hooked.

    "I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me." Dave Barry.

  39. #39
    TLL
    TLL is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,061

    You can prove anything with a graph

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Just viewed again and EW definitely altered the Turner's graphic to unequally portray the static rocker angle compared to the static rocker angle of the EW.
    Yep, that he did. Not that I believe the simulation is in any way accurate. I'm of the opinion that it portrays what Ell wants it to portray. As far as I am concerned, the graphs are all bogus . . . the "ride quality" graph seems created out of thin air.

    Does anyone out there actually believe that ICT works the way Tony says it does?

    Pure marketing hype, plain and simple. I't will def sell some bikes for them.
    Hadley rear hub service here and here.

  40. #40
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,110
    Quote Originally Posted by TLL

    Does anyone out there actually believe that ICT works the way Tony says it does?

    .
    Does anyone wonder why there is such pre-occupation here about it?

    If you are really happy with your ride, keep riding it. Turners are great bikes.

    I recall that the kids in high school who were most insecure were the ones talking about the others flaws instead of focusing on their own goals.

    Focus your eyes on your own urinal or you might miss the pot.

  41. #41
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,554
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman

    Focus on your own urinal or you might miss the pot.
    I did try to take it down that track, but looks like the Piss truck must have got caught up in traffic wreck

    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  42. #42
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,554
    or maybe some doggy marketing
    <!-- content table --> <!-- left sidebar --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="leftsidebar" valign="top">
    </td> <td valign="top" width="60%"> <!-- start entry-list-sticky --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td class="postcontent">
    </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sim2u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,331
    Edit:

    ...gosh...changed my mind.

    There is just a roticery (SP?) of bs flying about that its hard see between the lines.

  44. #44
    banned
    Reputation: urinal mint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Focus your eyes on your own urinal mint or you might miss the pot.
    What?

    For the record, Tony Ellsworth is a lying sack of feces, based upon my personal experience ( and for the Ellsworth apologist, myopic phucktards like Zakster, I have owned two Ellsworth bikes and the lies/deceit/shitty Cs occurred when I was an owner of the bikes).

    Considering an Ellsworth? Caveat emptor.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sim2u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,331
    Ha ha ha ha...Best comment so far.

    I want to keep that ass my sigy: "myopic phucktards like Zakster", no offence to any persons related, just its hilarious.


    Quote Originally Posted by urinal mint
    What?

    For the record, Tony Ellsworth is a lying sack of feces, based upon my personal experience ( and for the Ellsworth apologist, myopic phucktards like Zakster, I have owned two Ellsworth bikes and the lies/deceit/shitty Cs occurred when I was an owner of the bikes).

    Considering an Ellsworth? Caveat emptor.

  46. #46
    No, that's not phonetic
    Reputation: tscheezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Guess you didn't see the EW frame was posed as unsagged in the same simulation.
    We weren't talking about the E frame, we were talking about the supposed Turner frame. Focus, people.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

  47. #47
    Rolling
    Reputation: lidarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,110
    Quote Originally Posted by urinal mint
    I have owned two Ellsworth bikes and the lies/deceit/shitty Cs occurred when I was an owner of the bikes.
    .
    Now we know who to blame...

    You are the x-factor.

    (PS: i really hate when people defacate in the urinal--full circle to smellsworth.)

  48. #48
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    We weren't talking about the E frame, we were talking about the supposed Turner frame. Focus, people.
    Can't handle being wrong, can you? The Turner is "sagged", while the EW frame is unsagged, along with the other frames.

    Quote Originally Posted by TLL
    Yep, that he did. Not that I believe the simulation is in any way accurate. I'm of the opinion that it portrays what Ell wants it to portray. As far as I am concerned, the graphs are all bogus . . . the "ride quality" graph seems created out of thin air.

    Does anyone out there actually believe that ICT works the way Tony says it does?

    Pure marketing hype, plain and simple. I't will def sell some bikes for them.
    He claims it's d1/d2, but yes, he's drawing an energy relationship from a dimensional ratio analysis. On top of that, the Turner does appear to hold its own, even with his numbers there.

  49. #49
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,554
    Thread getting up a big head of head
    less head more beer


    Beer fixes everything FSR, ICT, DW, TNT its all good after a few beers



    Beer out
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by urinal mint
    What?

    For the record, Tony Ellsworth is a lying sack of feces, based upon my personal experience ( and for the Ellsworth apologist, myopic phucktards like Zakster, I have owned two Ellsworth bikes and the lies/deceit/shitty Cs occurred when I was an owner of the bikes).

    Considering an Ellsworth? Caveat emptor.

    Oh no someone on the internet called me a name for having an opinion and experience that differs from their own I've no doubt with the name calling you are probably xenophobic and racist too? But then again that would be like making unfounded accusations about people I know jack about. I'll get on my self righteous moral high ground in an attempt to fit in.
    "but I do not see anything in the world of suspension methods that is superior to the 4 Bar.

    Dave Turner


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •