Mashers Only!!

Washing my 5 spot??

Do I need to grease the pivots every time I wash the bike. I won't spray the water directly at the seals. Just soap and light rinse. What do you guys do??
    Thanks

HUGH

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Do I need to grease the pivots every time I wash the bike. I won't spray the water directly at the seals. Just soap and light rinse. What do you guys do??

Not all all, Hugh. The seals on your spot are incredibly efficient at keeping crud and water out. I probably give my zerks a blast every 3 months or so. Even then, I can tell by the back pressure , that most of them are still full. As the seals and bushings wear, some of them may develop just enough clearance to allow for the grease to push though when sevicing. The key thing is not to get overzealous with the grease or you'll pop a zerk out. Just don't go nuts with the water pressure, and don't linger with the spray on the obvious areas. I prefer to do the spongebath thing anyways, not for concern over the Turner's pivots, more so for the other components on me scoot.

PS When is the OC posse heading down again?
    Last edited by Aquaholic; 04-01-2004 at 10:08 AM.
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

Mashers Only!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic

Not all all Hugh. The seals on your spot are incredibly efficient at keeping crud and water out. I probably give my zerks a blast every 3 months or so. Even then, I can tell by the back pressure , that most of them are still full. As the seals and bushings wear, some of them may develop just enough clearance to allow for the grease to push though when sevicing. The key thing is not to get overzealous with the grease or you'll pop out a zerk. Just don't go nuts with the water pressure and don't linger with the spray on the obvious areas. I prefer to do the spongebath thing anyways, not for concern over the Turner's pivots, more so for the other components on me scoot.

PS When is the OC posse heading down again?
    Man I might hit ya up weekend after next!!! My GF wants us to go to her friends B day party. She wants to go early so they can catch up on old times. This means I have to sit through a kluck fest....Or Plan A>> Ride my bicycle down to SD and meet them for dinner. Plan B>> plan something with you guys and just bring my bike and ride a local spot. Plan C>> Cough! Cough!!! Man I think I'll Cough!!! be sick that day!!!
    Good times.

HUGH