mtbr member
    Aug 2007

WANTED: RP23 High Volume Can

Don't want to shell out the funds for a new one from PUSH or Fox just to try it. Picked up a RP23 and want to try the High Volume can.
    Going on my 2006 RFX. (7.5x2.0)
    Anyone have one they aren't using, etc....?

Thanks.

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...?product=19455
    Last edited by OnePointFive; 04-23-2008 at 04:32 PM.

what...?
    I like it lots on my Spot!
    Without love in a dream it will never come true

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtbkr
    I like it lots on my Spot!
    Well share the love dude! Pull that sucker off and send it my way! I'll trade ya some used belly button lint, cheap beer, and old brake cable...sound good?

Glad it is working out, did you swap it over from a standard air can? The RP23 that I purchased is the standard can (obviously).
    The RP23 will see everything, hucks, drops, jumps, trailrides, shuttle runs, etc......Wanna see how tough it really is.

(No worries, CCDB on the way too..)

mtbr member
    What size is on the Sultan? I'm thinking of changing out the stock RP23 for a CCDB.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Sultan is a 6.5, not sure of the stroke. 1.5" possibly? Need to double check.

mtbr member

sultan shock dimensions

Sultan Shock is a 6.5" by 1.5", same as the flux.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    After a long discussion today with Jimmy @ PUSH, it seems the High Volume air can is not needed for the v.2 RFX (hopefully I have that right for the 2006 RFX), and the normal can is fine.
    RP23 will be sent to PUSH for some love before CCDB arrives.

... I guess you won't be
    back in the day, Push put a high volume can on my rp3 - I believe they used a dhx-A can [not doing that anymore for whatever reason btw].....don't know if you can use the same on the rp23, but it's worth a look.

It could be the reason why I'm not missin "upgrading" my rockers from the baseline 5.1 rockers.....it's bottomless as is.
    Yes, we do indeed rock...http://www.myspace.com/spokedrunkies

what...?
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePointFive
    After a long discussion today with Jimmy @ PUSH, it seems the High Volume air can is not needed for the v.2 RFX (hopefully I have that right for the 2006 RFX), and the normal can is fine.
    Bah!
    I sent my RP23 back twice to Push because it rode like a brick. There's something about the ride quality of a RP23 vs every other shock I've tried, they tend to ride very firm, IMHO. Now some people may like a real firm rear end (*AHEM* i can hear the laughter now!) I'd rather have a plusher ride for my kind of riding. That said, I tried the larger can - which is a DHXair dual can - and found total happiness.
    You'll only know when you try it for yourself.
    Without love in a dream it will never come true

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePointFive
    It also depends on what rockers you are going to use. I also have recently bought an aftermarket RP23 and got the HV can because I am planning on using it with the 5.5in and/or PUSH rockers, I'll stick with coil with the RFX rockers. I will give it a good flogging this weekend unless your Avy arrives in the mail today!