Flyin Canine

wanted: 650# spring for RFX

I am building up an RFX but the frame I bought has a spring that's too stiff for me.. Anyone have a 600# or 650# laying around in the right length that they want to trade or sell. The vanilla rc spring that's on there now is a 700# x 2.3. Here's a pic of it also. I have it built up except for the cables. I'll post some more pics when it's really done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shanedawg
    I am building up an RFX but the frame I bought has a spring that's too stiff for me.. Anyone have a 600# or 650# laying around in the right length that they want to trade or sell. The vanilla rc spring that's on there now is a 700# x 2.3. Here's a pic of it also. I have it built up except for the cables. I'll post some more pics when it's really done.
    Looks pretty. I just ordered a 650# spring for the Pushed RC on my own RFX. I'll give you the 650# spring from my Romic for free with the purchase of the Romic damper.

Good luck with the RFX.

Flyin Canine
    Quote Originally Posted by incubus
    Looks pretty. I just ordered a 650# spring for the Pushed RC on my own RFX. I'll give you the 650# spring from my Romic for free with the purchase of the Romic damper.

Good luck with the RFX.
    I've heard too many stories of romics blowing up, I was thinking of getting this RC pushed as well.

mtbr member
    I'll post some more pics when it's really done.
    Holy Moses that's a good looking frame! Where did you find it? Custom paint job? As far as the spring you may want to give Larry at Mnt. High Cyclery a call.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'd go ahead an send that RC in to Push - see if Darren can swap the spring for you (he did for mine that is on my RFX) - when you send it in, you'll answer a bunch of questions about your weight, weight with equipment and riding style (how big of drops and so forth) - Darren can match you up to the correct spring ....

the thing is, you might as well do it all at once, because often when you "Push" your RC - you change spring anyway...

and you won't regret doing the Push - it has improved my RFX a lot over the stock Fox and even over the Romic I had on there...

Flyin Canine
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG
    Holy Moses that's a good looking frame! Where did you find it? Custom paint job? As far as the spring you may want to give Larry at Mnt. High Cyclery a call.
    Thanks, I said the same thing when it arrived. I got it on ebay from someone on hawaii. He said it was too heavy for the riding he was doing and he didn't use it much. Lucky me!! I think it's stock paint but the BikeWerX sticker was from the shop that sold it originally.

Flyin Canine
    Quote Originally Posted by macrider
    I'd go ahead an send that RC in to Push - see if Darren can swap the spring for you (he did for mine that is on my RFX) - when you send it in, you'll answer a bunch of questions about your weight, weight with equipment and riding style (how big of drops and so forth) - Darren can match you up to the correct spring ....

the thing is, you might as well do it all at once, because often when you "Push" your RC - you change spring anyway...

and you won't regret doing the Push - it has improved my RFX a lot over the stock Fox and even over the Romic I had on there...
    Thanks for the good advice. Doesn't make sense to buy two "new" springs. I was kinda hoping I could get a used spring and ride it for a couple of weeks normal and then get it Pushed to see the difference first hand. If I have a hard time locationg an inexpensive spring solution I may just send the shock in sooner and take everyone's word for how good the mod is.

eat my pantaloons

Wanted: Rfx

Own a 5-spot but want an RFX as well for more abusive riding. Had two chances to get one but passed both of them up, now I regret it, especially after seeing that frame.

"Success consists of moving from failure to failure without losing heart." -Winston Churchill