mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Waiting for spring

Not a Turner post per se other than it was left at home as I knew it was going to be pretty grim today. Cleaning the hardtail is just a matter of hosing it down and forgetting about it. This is in the Quantock Hills (South West of the UK) after driving through a blizzard to get there.

Excellent fun tho. Super slidey conditions. Huge cakes at the end of it. But I just want it to be spring in the UK so I can go ride my favourite trails without replacing the washing machine every weekend.

Spot is in dry dock waiting for new Pike and wheel. And for that much money, the weather had better bloody improve

Yucky

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    i feel yer pain. this is killin me! rain, freeze, snow, melt, mud, repeat. been goin on for months now and i want it to end.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I live up there alex, and you're right, it's been a cold winter. Looking forward to the trails drying out, and my back garden drying out too.

I feel it too. Here in Prague almost all the snow that has been on the ground since before Xmas had melted by Saturday afternoon. However, by Saturday night it dipped below freezing and yesterday morning I woke up to find almost a foot of snow had dropped. Spring needs to get here already - that is an understatement. (come on sun!!!)

Cheers
    C-

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I wish the Quantocks were my back garden I have the Chilterns which are good fun if a little bland but only really rideable 6 months of the year.

Prague sounds very cold. Still even in Scotland yesterday they had loads of snow. In march! I reckon there are some penguins in the artic circle shivering and mumbling "Global Warming my furry ar%e "

fried stuff with cheese
    I'm in New England, (central New Hampshire) and we've actually had a mild winter. Not much snow and warm temps. Not trying to rub it in, but it was great because we usually have very limited winter riding. I can say I only really needed studs on two rides this winter. I rode Saturday in sunny 55 degree weather. Trails were a little wet from melt off but really no more than after a summer rain. Hope to get out again today, as we are looking at snow for the end of the week.
    Egg

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    There is hope!
    70 and sunny yesterday in Atlanta. Lots of peeps on the trails yesterday. Deer too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred

mtbr member
    May 2004

Alex, mud is no excuse for leaving the spot at home

Hosing it down and forgetting about it is the maintenance regime my 5 Spot gets and it sees plenty of North Wales mud. Hasn't done it any harm at all. Just love those Turner bushings.

Never enough time to ride
    Like cactus said, but right now, we're in the rain, freeze, snow part all over again. After having a beutiful 60 degree week last week. Mother nature has a sick sense of humor!!

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRocker
    There is hope!
    70 and sunny yesterday in Atlanta. Lots of peeps on the trails yesterday. Deer too.
    Temp read 80 on my way to Tribble Mill yesterday!!

I rode with a GC Bike Cop. He was rockin' his Trek considering he was carring a gun, cuffs, water pack, and a bag full of Misc shite on the rack.
    Nothing to see here.

Team Sanchez
    Talk about weird weather! This was taken yesterday in my front yard, and we never get snow! Forunately, the snow is all gone, and I'll be riding later this afternoon. Standby for pics! Global Warming...my arse!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by El Chingon; 03-13-2006 at 09:05 AM.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    a palm tree covered in snow.... thats just not right. wtf chuck?
    No, I'm NOT back!