mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Vanilla DH on Turner DHR 2005

Hi guys,

I am new on this forum and I already need your help .

First off, a bit of introduction. I was used to freeriding on a Stinky but I felt in love with the DHR and as I want to engage in race DH, I am considering buying one.

I found a used DHR (<1 year) for a good price but it is equiped with a vanilla DH shock, which I do not know at all.

There are loads of DHR users here and I hope some of you have an experience with this shock (and its behaviour vs Romic/DHX) that they can share.

Thanks for any input

Fanffan

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanffan
    Hi guys,

I am new on this forum and I already need your help .

First off, a bit of introduction. I was used to freeriding on a Stinky but I felt in love with the DHR and as I want to engage in race DH, I am considering buying one.

I found a used DHR (<1 year) for a good price but it is equiped with a vanilla DH shock, which I do not know at all.

There are loads of DHR users here and I hope some of you have an experience with this shock (and its behaviour vs Romic/DHX) that they can share.

Thanks for any input

Fanffan
    That shock is horrible. It feels like a rubber band with paste for a damper. You should sell it to me at once.

That's actually the best shock you could possibly have on that bike. Congratulations on finding one. And yes, if for some reason you don't want it, I will buy it from you.

It feels much more controlled than a romic and has much more little chatter bump sensitivity. I can't much compare it to a dhx on a turner but based on the little bit of parking lot bouncing I've done, I still think the vanilla DH is a better damper for straight downhilling. That thing has about a gallon of oil in it and has a bigger shaft than most shocks meaning there's greater oil exchange between the main chamber and the dampers. It's something you really can feel.

mtbr member
    Is it me or Turner is starting to have a name in France?

First Bennito and then fanffan...

We even have X post from VĂ©lo vert!
    Former Homer...Ventana convert: extreme poseur!