mtbr member

Uncensored Mountainbiking - Click Here.

About 2 months ago I got a young friend, Joe, into riding. He's digging it and he's progressing really quickly. Today we loaded up the roof racks and suffered through a brutal Southern California winter on his first ride away from his local trails. We rode the San Juan Trail to Cocktail Rock and back. This trail includes a lot of easy to moderate switchbacks in the lower elevations and some more challenging ones higher up. This was Joe's first day attempting switchbacks and he cleaned more than half. He's tenacious, fun loving ,and will ride till he pukes (and he has). That's just what I like in a riding partner. (My camera's batteries were acting up early on so I didn't get any switchback shots. There isn't much in the way of action either).

Given some of the recent unpleasantness in this forum, if you are so inclined feel free to add ANY of your own POSITIVE mountainbiking experiences to this thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Clyde S Dale; 11-19-2006 at 04:54 PM.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    very cool stuff clyde! those switchbacks almost look like they go up than back down again before they repeat themselve all the way to the top. and what a feelin to get a new person invloved, see them have fun as they themselves evolve in the sport. good on ya man!
    No, I'm NOT back!

Leash Law Enforcer
    Great shots Clyde. I need to get up there and ride San Juan. Cool to get a friend into the sport too. Gotta love the reflectors on the pedals. I still have the first pedals I started riding on, reflectors and all.
    "I didn't even use crutches when I broke my leg!" - Aquaholic

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde S Dale
    Given some of the recent unpleasantness in this forum, if you are so inclined feel free to add ANY of your own POSITIVE mountainbiking experiences to this thread.
    Even though I'm deathly afraid of mimes, it's nice to see that one actually rides on dirt.

mtbr member
    [quote=Pete]I'm deathly afraid of mimes...[/quote]

I understand your pain.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Custom User Title
    LOL - now if someone could photochop the bike out of that pic it would be perfect

What hump?
    Brutal winter? You want brutal? Up here in Oakland I had to wear arm warmers for this evening's ride.

Baked Alaskan
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Even though I'm deathly afraid of mimes, it's nice to see that one actually rides on dirt.

Now that's funny!

So Cal winter ride? Arm warmers? Aye, you Cali boys are spoiled. It was 3f when I started out last night, and below 0 when I got back.
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

Captain Underpants
    Very cool pix.

Captain Underpants
    Quote Originally Posted by AK Chris
    So Cal winter ride? Arm warmers? Aye, you Cali boys are spoiled.

If it gets any colder we might have to break out the leg warmers . . .
    Last edited by Random Drivel; 02-16-2008 at 11:09 AM.