Team Sanchez

The UD Trail (Trail pics inside)

Normally I wouldn't post pics of this trail on a public forum, but I figure all you guys will keep it hush hush. Can'tgetright called me up at 3:00 today and wanted to ride the UD(UnDisclosed), so I grabbed Wang, so to speak, and off we went.

1. Scopin the line
    2. CGR rollin a tough line
    3. Wang boosting it
    4. Wang boosting it take 2
    5. El C boosting it, and CGR capturing the moment for all my posterity.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by El Chingon; 03-14-2006 at 08:39 PM.

Team Sanchez
    If you come to St. George to ride with Team Sanchez, it will cost you several quarts of Koolaid for us to show you this gem of a trail. For those counting, this is ride # 2 for me today. That makes 3 rides in 24 hours. My legs are tired.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    If you come to St. George to ride with Team Sanchez, it will cost you several quarts of Koolaid for us to show you this gem of a trail.
    Or two boxes of lime Jell-O.

Living the Dream

Chingon, Could you recommend some rides please?

I'm going to Nellis in Las Vegas for work 27-30 Mar and I will be heading to St George Area, 31 Mar -2 Apr. I am thinking about Thunder Mtn, Little Creek Mesa, Grafton, Gooseberry, and possibly Slick rock swamp. Can you recommend any guide books and tell me which rides are geopraphically close to each other so I could hit 2 a day. I'll probably try & ride Bootleg on the morning of 3 Apr before I fly out that afternoon. I know Thunder Mtn is kind of far from you, but I've wanted to ride it since I saw Kranked 3. Thanks for any suggestions from team Sanchez.
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

Team Sanchez
    I'd say hit Slickrock Swamp, and Grafton on the same day. Grafton is a shuttle, so make sure you have a second vehicle. These trails are within 10 minutes of each other. You will want to ride Grafton with one other rider at least, as there is some serious risk of hurting yourself, and some nice exposure too. Then try and do Goose and Little creek on the same day, as they are also very close to each other. Thunder is going to take you a full day with the drive any ways, so try and hit Casto canyon as well which is in the same vicinity. I'd be more than happy to ride with you on April 1st. That is the day Tscheezy arrives, but he won't be in until the afternoon. We were originally going to do a century road ride that day, but we are digging the dirt too much lately. Go to www.utahmountainbiking.com for great maps and trail descriptions. There may be a book published out there, but I don't know any off hand. Bring a fullface if you plan to do Grafon also. It might save you from some untimely dental work. Knee pads for the other trails are recommended.

El C.

Team Sanchez
    Hey Tscheez, I don't want to hear any talk about armor for this big drop. I measured it, and it was 7 foot 11 inches to tranny, and you know my rule.

Living the Dream

Thanks EL C

Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Grafton is a shuttle, so make sure you have a second vehicle. These trails are within 10 minutes of each other. You will want to ride Grafton with one other rider at least, as there is some serious risk of hurting yourself, and some nice exposure too. Then try and do Goose and Little creek on the same day, as they are also very close to each other. I'd be more than happy to ride with you on April 1st. Bring a fullface if you plan to do Grafon also. It might save you from some untimely dental work. Knee pads for the other trails are recommended.
    El C.
    I think I'll probably pass on Grafton as I'll be by myself & didn't realize it was a shuttle. Do you have a replacement ride to recommend for Grafton? I'd be interested in riding with you on the 1st, but I don't want to interfere with your plans.

Thanks
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

Team Sanchez
    Well there is the Gem trail that is in the same general area, but I think if you came into St. George and rode the Barrels, you'd be in heaven. You can turn it into an 18 mile loop if you include the Bearclaw poppy trail. There is enough light to stay on the trail til 7:00pm now, so you could ride Slickrock Swamp, and then come over and do the barrels. Just a thought.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenglow
    I'd be interested in riding with you on the 1st, but I don't want to interfere with your plans.
    Don't let El Chingon fool you. He really doesn't use a planner to schedule his rides. Give us a heads up the day before you drive up and we'll crank out some miles with you. I'll PM you with a few phone numbers.

Team Sanchez
    Hey Alp, don't rely on Crash to put in any miles with you. He bailed out on yesterday's ride, and this morning. He is now been downgraded to a PG rating.

No, that's not phonetic
    Alpenglow, since Barny and I will be arriving the afternoon of April 1, we can ride with you on the 2nd also. I know most of the stuff in the St. G area quite well. If you leave the less obvious stuff like Little Creek Mesa for last, we can give you a guided tour of the hard-to-find stuff. The place is a blast.

Email me and I can send you maps of a lot of the other trails. The local guide book is weak and the Maps on utahmountainbiking are napkin scribbles. tscheezy AT yahoo DOT com.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.