banned

Two Boys and A Girl (x-post)

There is a picture of a Turner in here somewhere. This is mainly for the dads...enjoy! I know I did.

Thread

Life is good!

trail fairy
    Oh that all blue RFX looks cool, I like the black decal as well

thanks for sharing, and dogs too, cool thread some nice piccs
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    There is a picture of a Turner in here somewhere. This is mainly for the dads...enjoy! I know I did.

Thread

Life is good!
    Nice post Bryan. Like the brakes

Edit Addition: What did you do for brake lines on the XT's? And how did it change the performance?
    Astigmatic Visionary

~~~~~~~~
    I've been waiting for someone to talk to me about those shimanos. I can't seem to get a firm feel from the levers and I'm wondering if that's how they are supposed to feel. Was just reading a report on the 09 saint and they were talking about how close the lever goes to the bar at full squeeze. The brakes do seem to be working well but I would have to call the lever action mushy.

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Using them and liking them!

Airwreck,

I am using the new XT servo waves with Goodridge lines, G-Star pads, and a rotor set up of 203 front and 180 rear on my Demo 8 - awesome stopping power, great modulation and feel.

If yours are mushy then they are not set up right. Bleed them again and again - I sometimes will bleed a brake line 5-6 times before I am happy with the feel.

These new XT's work as advertised, too; big push of oil initially, then they back off a little, but no way I can pull them to the bar without going over the bars or locking the rear wheel.

I read that Saint Reborn review this a.m. on NSMB, too; they must not have been set up right.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The reason dogs have so many friends is that they wag their tail instead of their tongues.

banned
    Once I put the Goodrich lines on the modulation improved. Mine were always very firm out of the box...they were on or off. Thanks Jon! Once I put the Goodrich's on, the modulation improved and they weren't so touchy. Try a rebleed and that should cure the problem.

~~~~~~~~
    thanks! I'm up to 4 bleeds now, will keep trying but bringing some back up brakes with me to BC. Wondering if I have a bad hose connection, or air trapped somehow. Also read about lubing the pistons as a sticky piston might contribute to the mushy feel. I could put my goodridge lines on too, is it the same fitting for caliper and lever?

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    thanks! I'm up to 4 bleeds now, will keep trying but bringing some back up brakes with me to BC. Wondering if I have a bad hose connection, or air trapped somehow. Also read about lubing the pistons as a sticky piston might contribute to the mushy feel. I could put my goodridge lines on too, is it the same fitting for caliper and lever?
    AW, mine have never felt firm. I've always had good power and modulation. The problem I had was the rear would fade like having air in the lines.

I would bleed and same thing would happen. What I ended up doing is following Shimano's bleed instructions, but for the back, I put he bike in the rack so there was a steep uphill from caliper to lever, and bled it over night.

Every 1/2 an hour or so I'd go out and tap the brake line and squeeze the lever, I'd get a few bubbles coming out hours after I started. When I left overnight, I got quite a few bubbles out when squeezing the lever in the morning. Went for another couple hours, tapping every 1/2 hour or so, then closed them up. They have been golden ever since.

Like them so much, I got another set for the RFX.

So, as your hear time and time again, the key is to get a good bleed.
    Astigmatic Visionary

~~~~~~~~
    that's what I'm thinking, air is trapped and getting the caliper hanging down vertically from the lever, lots of tapping, etc. is what it will take. I've had good luck before with tapping while the lever is squeezed.

Squeezing the levers on our saints and lx's is waaaay firmer than the new xt's.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    chur

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    chur
    almost as bad as that titus ad...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

We at the hospital have let Fo out of his straight jacket for the afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    chur
    He said he was going to "ride his bike". So posting "chur" on the Turner forum was what he meant. We'll probably double his meds, see if that helps.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    that's what I'm thinking, air is trapped and getting the caliper hanging down vertically from the lever, lots of tapping, etc. is what it will take. I've had good luck before with tapping while the lever is squeezed.

Squeezing the levers on our saints and lx's is waaaay firmer than the new xt's.
    You may already be doing this, but just in case you're not, make sure you're rolling on the diaphragm instead of plopping it on top. You risk trapping a lot of air if you don't roll it on.

Hope Tech has a good video on the subject:
    http://www.hopegb.com/page_mep_force_35.html

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

~~~~~~~~
    hijack posts always have the best tech info

I'm a plopper, hadn't heard about rolling them on before, I'll be trying everyones suggestions.