mtbr member
    Apr 2004

A Twilight Zone tale of Turner customer service

I've had the Burner since 2004. As has happened to many of you, the Turner headtube badge came off very early in my ownership. Since that fateful day I've moved three times (building and selling you know) and haven't given that Turner badge a second thought. I can vaguely recall it popping off one day, but what did I do with it?

In fact, whenever I looked at the Burner I never even noticed that headtube badge was not on it. Never once. Fast forward over four years: I'm moving a ton of stuff from my basement into a storage unit in anticipation of moving out of this house (I think it's sold). I have my landscaper and his crew of gorillas hauling, grunting, moving...total chaos but finally the moving day was over.

Next day I'm down in my basement cleaning up and was almost done when I espy one more something to pick up and toss into the trash. I bend down, pick it up...and it's that Turner badge. I have no idea where it was all this time, I never consciously tried to keep it around, I have no idea what box it might have been in (or how it managed to fall out). It wasn't anywhere near the area where I keep my bike parts.

There's a moral in this tale and I it might have something to do with legendary Turner customer service...maybe. What do you think?
    Last edited by xcguy; 04-03-2011 at 12:01 PM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

shooters

sounds like you were doing too many shooters of tequilla. I just threw 5lbs of those things away yesterday. I did keep a couple bags for those that don't want the bolt ons, are you who I saved them for? Is this the twilight zone?

DT

banned
    5 pounds, OMG. In a couple years, they could have put me and dusty into retirement by selling them to the homers.

How could you, DT!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

steel

is real JC. Plus they don't fall off when they get snagged on a wash rag. The only reason I kept the few dozen sticky ones is for the riders that get all squimish about getting out the drill and poking a couple little holes in an old frame.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I think I'll just leave the sticky badge off. I'm enjoying the stealth look, now that I've noticed that it's not on.

I put the priceless shot glass and timeless sticky badge in a sealed bag and put them in a drawer for safe keeping. Then I wondered if putting them where I think I might look for them later is really the best idea. Heck, not even knowing where I put that badge then forgetting all about it for four years worked just fine.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

jrm
    mtbr member

You could add

the colored paint tot he badge And go way old skool

Silence and Thunder...
    ...I'm still waiting for one of those shot glasses...Dave....

...every day sends future to past...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop
    ...I'm still waiting for one of those shot glasses...Dave....

See if you can reach into this pic and grab one from Mrs. Turner:

banned
    Glad I got my pint glass all those years ago.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    ... they don't fall off when they get snagged on a wash rag...
    No, but they sure are fun to stick on other peoples' cars, bikes, coffee cups, etc!

banned
    You're so right DT. Steel is definitely real. Just ask the Happy Tree Friends:

Lay off the Levers
    We could have used those badges: Best snuck it on sombody else's bike photo contest.

Are those shooter glasses for sale? Me wantie.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    We could have used those badges: Best snuck it on sombody else's bike photo contest.

Are those shooter glasses for sale? Me wantie.
    THC '08 specials. You can buy mine for [Dr Evil]1 million dollars[/Dr Evil].

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    sounds like you were doing too many shooters of tequilla. I just threw 5lbs of those things away yesterday. I did keep a couple bags for those that don't want the bolt ons, are you who I saved them for? Is this the twilight zone?

DT
    I believe it is. Or something like it.

"You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Turner Zone!"