Thread: Turner Stuff

i want spring!

Idea! Turner Stuff

I'm a new owner of a 5 Spot. But I want to wear Turner stuff. Where can I get any jersey's? I know there's shirts on the site but a jersey would be even sweeter.

Thanks.

Dirty Bert
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    Unfortunately, you missed the 'Official Turner Homer Jersey' order by about 3 months. Tscheezy and Crash the Dog spearheaded the effort. You might send them a PM inquiry to see if they have any extras (doubtful). If not, you'll have to beg DT to start making them again, although I'm sure he's got bigger fish to fry right now....

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Please don't send me a PM. It's just getting to the point that I'm not replying to a PM a day. We're still working with HS to get the screwed up jerseys replaced. Once we've got those we'll let you all know how we're going to sell 'em.

i want spring!

the process

How did you go about getting permission to make the jerseys?
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bert
    Ditto, I'm interested in getting one, even if it means getting one custom made!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bert
    They made an arrangement with DT and paid him $1,- fee per jersey

mtbr member
    The only thing Dave received, along with all Turner employees, was a jersey. The $1.00 was simply to fund the purchase of those jerseys. It was the least we could do seeing as how he was kind enough to let us use his logo and all.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG
    The only thing Dave received, along with all Turner employees, was a jersey. The $1.00 was simply to fund the purchase of those jerseys. It was the least we could do seeing as how he was kind enough to let us use his logo and all.
    Hey......I still owe you a buck. I may have to go back out there to pay you

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shorts
    Hey......I still owe you a buck. I may have to go back out there to pay you
    As long as that dollar results in frequent and regular trips to Moab you can keep forgetting to give it to me, but just remember that once the trips stop you owe me with interest.

Lay off the Levers
    And Blue, while you're looking for that buck, maybe you'll find my favorite tire.
    Then again I owe sombody two tires myself

BTW any word on Rando???
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Alaska Turner Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    BTW any word on Rando???
    Hey Alex, thanks for asking. I feel like I really missed out on the gathering and meeting some great guys due to my mishap, but I'm looking forward to next year already. I kept checking in with Phillip's "descending on Utah" updates, and with his accompanying pics it was the next best thing to being there. Nels has been calling to check in on me too, and telling some entertaining stories. Other than meeting everyone face to face, I'm already feeling like I'm getting to know a bunch of the Homerroid's personalities through their posts.

I'm still in the inital healing stages. My patella needs time for bone mending, which means I'm not allowed any weight bearing yet. There's still some considerable swelling, but stitches have been removed. The worst part is the inactivity that's driving me insane. The pain has subsided enough to allow me to think of the riding I'm missing out on and the tinkering I'd rather be doing on my bikes in the garage, rather than living like a vegetable. I've never hated my couch so much! At least I have my laptop handy and can check in for sanity's sake. As soon as I'm able I'll be in the garage and at least keeping my hands occupied.

I realize it's going to be a long winter of rehab, and I'm determined to give it all my effort to come back stronger than ever, but I am bummed that I'll be missing out on some fantastic snow riding coming up. I just built up a new 29er SnoCat bike this summer too, and was looking forward to putting in some long mileage rides in hopes of riding the Susitna 100 this February. That may all be out the window now.

On a bright note, I've been doing a ton of 6 Pack research. Maybe I'll be on a big hit bike for next year's gathering! Just think how much I could break myself with one of those!

Here's a couple of pics. The first is the one Nels snapped right after I yanked the offending rock out of my knee joint. The second is how the knee looks now. Keep posting guys, some of us are living vicariously through you. Thanks for making me feel like a family member of the Homer brotherhood and I appreciate your concerns.

Rando
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name