Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Hope Turner Shore riders?

Had my first encounter with the trails on Mt Seymour Thursday. Unbelievable is the only word I can come up with to describe them!

Any Turner riders rode Pingu, Team Pangor and Slash cleanly? The start was so steep I slid down on my behind! Had to make do with a hired Kona Stinky, but I can't blame the bike for my inept display. Tell me it gets easier. One guy ahead of me rolled the big boulder on Team Pangor

All I can say is; respect to all you true Shore riders, I cannot conceive of a time when I could master those trails.

Sure was fun trying, though.

Yours, Spanked of Scotland

mtbr member
    Frank, here http://media.putfile.com/Frank-smashes-his-helmet got spanked in Scotland

Filmed on my helmet cam at Glentress (it plays at original size)

"Its All Good"
    Dang, I didnt know if I should laugh or cry. That would have hurt, was he OK? did he get up etc.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Lay off the Levers
    Damm that teeter endo sucks!
    Is it my imagination or was nobody particularly concerned with helping you up?
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Ow!

Glad I didn't have any video of my attempts, would have looked remarkably similar. Full face, a useful invention.

mtbr member
    Frank, is fine, a few cut's, his helmet (Giro) do not fair to well, it split in three places and was crushed to half thickness, replaced under there discount crash replacement policy.
    There where two doctors with us at the time so he was in good hands
    He started cursing almost straight away so it was a fair bet he was ok, ish
    Not a good weekend for this lot they split two helmets and another fractured his wrist

FM
    luxatio erecta
    The shore is absolutely my favorite place to ride! Mt. Seymour is fun- did you ride CBC? I really like Mt. Fromme, you have to climb for the descents which gives it a bit more of an XC vibe. The pic in my profile is from fromme. I haven't checked out cypress but it's on my list. I've got a few videos (link below) but they aren't the best- the shore's lighting conditions make it tricky.

Have you checked out www.gutsploder.com ?

Flyin Canine
    Spent some time on the shore last summer. I second FM's recommendation of hitting CBC and then connecting to Ned's. That was a lot of fun with enough challenge to make it fun for just about anyone. Fromme is burly. We did "upper oil can" to "ladies only" and I walked a bit.

oly
    mtbr member
    I plan to be ripping the new highline on the Huckwagon this saturday! Cant wait to get some rippers down the best shuttle ever.....CBC-NEDS!! . (in my opinion and limited experience).

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by oly
    I plan to be ripping the new highline on the Huckwagon this saturday! Cant wait to get some rippers down the best shuttle ever.....CBC-NEDS!! . (in my opinion and limited experience).
    Oly,

I'll likely be up there on Saturday with a crew as well (FM's outta town). Keep an eye out for me on a white Gran Mal with a white Travis.

The route you mentioned (CBC to Ned's Atomic Dustbin) is awesome, but it drops you out at the Superstore which works fine if you're doing the huckwagon. If you're dropping cars at Old Buck, a better route is CBC, Corkscrew, Salvation (left off of Corkscrew about 2/3 the way down), Pingu, Team Pangor (or Boogieman on the 2nd run) to Empress.

Also, another killer option about 1/2 way down Ned's is Dirty Diapers, but you need to have someone show you where the turnoff to the entrance is (easy to miss and it was a hike-a-bike in).

Cheers,
    EBX

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

CBC to Ned's

I was riding solo, with no-one in the car park to offer a shuttle, otherwise CBC to Ned's was definitely the main aim. As it was I had to ride up Old Buck to the Powerlines and then down Pingu, Team Pangor and Slash. Hard work on a Stinky. Maybe a Highline would have helped!
    Can't wait to return, already visualising how I could have done better. That drop in to Pingu just seemed so steep. Tell me it get's easier!

Unbelievable place to hone your skills, my pilgrimage really showed why North Shore riders consistently outperform mere mortals. Respect!

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Oly,

I'll likely be up there on Saturday with a crew as well (FM's outta town). Cheers,
    EBX

mtbr member

To busy to ride?

I am in the same boat at the moment lot's of commitments

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    welcome to my backyard!

We had a race last saturday down -> CBC, TNT, Cabin, Upper Dales, back up to Corkscrew, Pingu, Pangor.

Teams of 2 or 4.

Fastest two person team - 37minutes
    Fastest four person team - 43 minutes!

Video will be here soon:
    http://www.whistleractionvideo.com/index2.php

right now you can see the video of the race down 7th!

ebxtreme - half way down neds is the START? of Dirty Diapers?????
    Last edited by Brodiegrrl; 05-15-2006 at 10:57 PM.

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodiegrrl
    welcome to my backyard!

ebxtreme - half way down neds is the START? of Dirty Diapers?????
    Hey, my buddy did the Ripper on a 4 man team and had a total blast. He said the climb (ahem....hike-a-bike) up Dales back up to Corkscrew had him in pain on his Bullit! I was supposed to join him, but had a different debaucherous ride event to attend.

Dirty Diapers. I rode it last June with someone I'm certain you know (name withheld to protect the mildly innocent) and was told that was the name. I'm sure it's not a normally traveled trail........

Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Sorry FM.......you'll be there in spirit with us on Saturday. I'll have a jaeger bomb at Seymour pub or wherever we end up just for you!

Cheers,
    EBX
    Last edited by ebxtreme; 05-15-2006 at 09:40 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Dirty Diapers. I rode it last June with someone I'm certain you know (name withheld to protect the mildly innocent) and was told that was the name. I'm sure it's not a normally traveled trail........
    Dirty Diapers is a legit trail, just not one we'd like to get too popular... it probably won't get too popular though since people don't like to ride the access trail to get to it.

We're thinking of a ripper variation for next year - dirty diapers then up neds

That and its more old school gnar which again, people now adays don't like as much as the more buffed out trails.

on that note, I've trying to get my mojo back on Espresso which kicked my ass, then Lee and I rode grannies which was great, today I rode Lower Oilcan - we had a trail day on it a couple of weeks ago and it flows pretty nicely now! Then we did Boundary and I think I'm getting my mojo back!

All these on the Turner. I've been riding the Ti HT more over the winter and getting back on the Turner took a bit of time to get used the squishy!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Now I feel even worse!

Hey, my buddy did the Ripper on a 4 man team and had a total blast. He said the climb (ahem....hike-a-bike) up Dales back up to Corkscrew had him in pain on his Bullit!
    EBX
    You mean people even climb these technical trails. On a Bullit! I had a hard time on Old Buck going up. ( Blame the Stinky)

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    you guys came to our home turf and didn't post ahead of time? At the very least I can show you some gorgeous cartwheels - brodiegrrl is a tad smoother then me.

Ebx - we're skiing/biking Whistler. The memorial weekend we might be climbing Baker but we'll be back on Sunday so let us know if you're around

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeL
    you guys came to our home turf and didn't post ahead of time? At the very least I can show you some gorgeous cartwheels - brodiegrrl is a tad smoother then me.

Ebx - we're skiing/biking Whistler. The memorial weekend we might be climbing Baker but we'll be back on Sunday so let us know if you're around
    Lee,

I'll be up there on Saturday with a crew shuttling Seymour so it doesn't sound like we'll connect. I'm bringing eio (a Turner homer) with me for his virgin shore runs. I'll be sure to get some pics of him on some of Jeremy's or Synchro's creations!! Should be beautiful up there..... If you end up sticking around, join us for a run....but expect lots of sessioning - especially on Boogie Man and Salvation.

On that note, we'll be in Whistler for our Mem. day weekend (end of May) and will likely get a day on the slopes and a day in the park and maybe a day on the West side. Interested in a Flank trail / Cheap Thrills / RRTI type of day?

BTW, I heard the ripper course was awesome. My buddy was lamenting it to me on the phone yesterday.....mainly the climb up Dales. He he he

Cheers,
    EBX

oly
    mtbr member
    Lee,

I'll be up there on Saturday with a crew shuttling Seymour so it doesn't sound like we'll connect. I'm bringing eio (a Turner homer) with me for his virgin shore runs. I'll be sure to get some pics of him on some of Jeremy's or Synchro's creations!! Should be beautiful up there..... If you end up sticking around, join us for a run....but expect lots of sessioning - especially on Boogie Man and Salvation.

On that note, we'll be in Whistler for our Mem. day weekend (end of May) and will likely get a day on the slopes and a day in the park and maybe a day on the West side. Interested in a Flank trail / Cheap Thrills / RRTI type of day?

BTW, I heard the ripper course was awesome. My buddy was lamenting it to me on the phone yesterday.....mainly the climb up Dales. He he he

Cheers,
    EBX

EB-

Our plans just changed to sunday to include Skookum (shore virgin) who had to work saturday. We will probably do 2 runs down via Huckwagon depending on the crew. We will have a few new people so Im not sure about Boogieman. I think the Pangor loop is possible.

I plan to be at Whistler on the 28th(sunday). Were day tripping from Olympia... Maybe we will see ya... Be on the lookout for a silver highline with DH 40.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Boogeyman is looking awesome.

CBC is in great shape with all the work.

Do the usual laps but make sure you hit up the lower part of Boogeyman with low speed - if its dry as it was the past few days sand builds up and coats the rock so you go into Piledriver with much too much speed.

Mem Day weekend - Sat - Climb and ski Baker; Sunday = ride in Vancouver. I might take Monday off and ride with anyone who comes up here

The course for the Ripper wasnt bad was it? I wanted it longer but the other organizers overruled me saying that they didnt want it to be a deathmarch. I did 3 other rides after that for a total of 4. Whew i was tired - then next day we went to the sunshine coast and rode 40k.
    Last edited by LeeL; 05-16-2006 at 01:33 PM.

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by oly
    EB-

Our plans just changed to sunday to include Skookum (shore virgin) who had to work saturday. We will probably do 2 runs down via Huckwagon depending on the crew. We will have a few new people so Im not sure about Boogieman. I think the Pangor loop is possible.

I plan to be at Whistler on the 28th(sunday). Were day tripping from Olympia... Maybe we will see ya... Be on the lookout for a silver highline with DH 40.
    Sounds good Oly. Yeah, Boogie Man is better left for the next time up or folks are in mid-season form. Pangor is always fun and has it's fair share of challenges too. It's funny how 2 runs doesn't sound like much until the fatigue factor comes into play! Hey, if folks are feeling spunky after Pangor, hit Empress (which is very short) and that will give Skooks a good idea what Boogie Man is all about......especially the last rock face. Yikes!

Mem. day weekend, I'll be up there for 3 days.....got the pass, so we got to get our money's worth. If you have a radio, we can coordinate a hook up for some runs before then. We'll be in touch!

Cheers,
    EB

Lolligagger
    Lee,

Ooof! Boogieman is BURLY! That whole rock slab section that spits you into the trees is nuts. Everytime I've ridden that trail, that particular section gets walked. It's in my head.

Xtremely Moderate
    I'll be up there on Saturday with a crew shuttling Seymour so it doesn't sound like we'll connect. I'm bringing eio (a Turner homer) with me for his virgin shore runs. I'll be sure to get some pics of him on some of Jeremy's or Synchro's creations!! ............
    Woooohoooo! Gonna finally pop the Shore cherry!
    Not a homer on that day though..........all VP-Free on Sat.

Bonzai!
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Hisforever
    Quote Originally Posted by eo
    Woooohoooo! Gonna finally pop the Shore cherry!
    Not a homer on that day though..........all VP-Free on Sat.

Bonzai!
    Man youre gonna love the stoke on the virgin runs, my first runs down were epic...never forget the shore!

Stoked for you!
    Jesus Saves

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast