tg
    mtbr member

Turner Road Bike?

Anyone hear any talk of DT doing a turner road bike?.... ever? Would be kinda cool

Toby Wong?
    maybe you should call the fine folks at Turner Suspension Bicycles and ask them your fine question

Turner owner
    Yes, it's called the nitrous
    Member of the Trailjunkies
    Turner RFX
    Turner DHR
    Evil Faction

tg
    mtbr member
    THATS FUNNY

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tg
    Anyone hear any talk of DT doing a turner road bike?.... ever? Would be kinda cool
    It would be cool, but I doubt it will happen. I remember this question coming up a year or two ago and I think DT himself said something to the effect that the name of his company includes the words Suspension Bicycles.

EDIT: I see Tappoix already hit the nail on the head.

involuntary dismounter
    it can't happen ...have you seen pictures of the homers??? these are not people who would look good in head to toe color-coordinated lycra!
    Solo Trail Explorer and Granny Gear Ninja!

friends will help you move, good friends will help you move a body...

i want spring!

Road Bike

I asked DT for a road bike in my email, "christmas wish list" and he replied he had "a Ridley, no need for another at the time!"

So you decide what that means.

~Db
    Check out all these mountain biking t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts by Trail Hog today!

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    Quote Originally Posted by dHarriet
    it can't happen ...have you seen pictures of the homers??? these are not people who would look good in head to toe color-coordinated lycra!
    there was a day....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No, I'm NOT back!

Roy
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    there was a day....
    I see you're also fond of the same Eleventy-bajillion SPF that Squeak likes to use.

So what's the latest Otis update?

likes to use? damn man, im committed to the stuff. i get a sunburn if i watch a hour of surfin on tv.

odus is great. he and layla were beside themselves to come inside and play with the new toys i got them a few days ago when i got home just now. so far the fire hose toy (no bad intent here harry) and the "9 out of 10 on the tough scale" soft bone toy have held up to layla and her nuclear teeth. its been 3 days now and they have both surpassed any other attempt at a soft toy by... lemme do some math.... 3 days.

in the time it took me to type this, theyve both fallen asleep in their respective places. odus on the couch and layla on the floor beside me. musta been a big day in the back yard. im sure theyd send reguards if they hadnt gone down.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Bite Me.
    Back in my roadie days Lycra wasn't even invented! We had a whole different style.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

finish sprint to the margarita bar? good plan racin the trike. in those days there wsnt any sag and we had to ride back home after the "awards".

edit: is that a exauhst fan? good call!
    Last edited by cactuscorn; 01-11-2007 at 02:38 PM.
    No, I'm NOT back!

trail fairy
    Turner Road Bike?
    <hr style="color: rgb(183, 183, 183);" size="1"> Anyone hear any talk of DT doing a turner road bike?.... ever? Would be kinda cool
    Im not sure if this is for real or a troll

But i'll give my 2c and this is in no way a dis to Ellsworth

But I hopefully don't want to see Turner going down the same road as Ellsworth, I would like to see DT keep doing what he does best build and refine his core products not go after clouds in the sky esspecially when there are already many and very competitive road bikes out there.

Turner keeps it simple and simple is success (KISS) but Im sure Turnerbikes and DT already know this

I'd rather see custom paint jobs maybe some incorporated Push accessories for sale from Turner e.g Rockers, shock updgrades through DT or his resellers direct, higher quality web site and merchandise like tees beanies and beer labels etc.

Hay thats only me
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent

Turner keeps it simple and simple is success (KISS) but Im sure Turnerbikes and DT already know this

I'd rather see custom paint jobs maybe some incorporated Push accessories for sale from Turner e.g Rockers, shock updgrades through DT or his resellers direct, higher quality web site and merchandise like tees beanies and beer labels:D etc.

Hay thats only me

TA
    I totally agree about the keepin it simple. Now I usually dont need to run your post through Babelfish to understand but I go no fuggin clue what tees beanies are. And why would you want Turner beer labels, to stick over the label on your favorite beverage???

involuntary dismounter
    in those days there wsnt any sag
    and now you guys are saggy all over the place ...oh how times have changed!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Roadie

Road racing is getting huge these days. The market is getting bigger especially with more and more people watching the tour every year. It wouldn't surprise me if more MTB company got into it. Although it will be interesting if America's are interested in Basso riding for Discovery.

A little OT, but here is a shot of the roadie racer I'm currently putting together.

Thompson Elite Seat post 27.2 & 28.6
    E.13 SRS

PM for details

yer day is commin my dear. oh yes it is. 2 fold, if you will.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gregz12
    A little OT, but here is a shot of the roadie racer I'm currently putting together.
    Nice. Now you just need to find some shiny carbon bits to round it out.

Personally I don't really care to see Turner make a road bike any more than I would want to see a Look suspension bike. It would be novel, but probably not the best use of a smallish company's resources.
    ''It seems like a bit of a trend, everyone trying to make things longer over the last couple of years" Sam Hill

involuntary dismounter
    yer day is commin my dear. oh yes it is. 2 fold, if you will.
    2 fold, eh?
    1. that may be the case...but i take solace in the fact that you'll always be older and saggier!
    2. bring it geezer...bring it!
    still love me?

Quote Originally Posted by miles e
    Nice. Now you just need to find some shiny carbon bits to round it out.

I was looking at the picture wonderin if there was any metal on that bike...

What do you expect something like that to weigh when you are done??? 7 pounds?

Bite Me.
    that may be the case...but i take solace in the fact that you'll always be older and saggier!
    Older yes - SAGGIER? I doubt it! Let's see your droopy mams at 48 my dear! (on second thought - please no!) Biking keeps you young! I notice you're the only one who hasn't posted shots of yourself riding - just jkeeping TA in the hot lather of anticipation no doubt
    No sag here - except for maybe the poor dog Any excuse to show off the kids.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

involuntary dismounter
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    Older yes - SAGGIER? I doubt it! Let's see your droopy mams at 48 my dear! (on second thought - please no!) Biking keeps you young! I notice you're the only one who hasn't posted shots of yourself riding - just jkeeping TA in the hot lather of anticipation no doubt
    No sag here - except for maybe the poor dog Any excuse to show off the kids.
    let's keep my 'mams' out of this...shall we?
    you do know that pics can be sent to people as email attachments right? even all the way to kiwi-land!
    dog and kids are very cute!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

it's a race bike so...

Quote Originally Posted by CDtofer
    I was looking at the picture wonderin if there was any metal on that bike...

What do you expect something like that to weigh when you are done??? 7 pounds?
    I'm hoping it comes in around 6.8kg. Right now without the chain, pedals, seat and bar tape it comes in at 10.75lb. The frame is a XXL so it adds some weight.

In reality it will probably be around 6.9kg. If I wanted to go ultra lightweight I would have bought the look 585 instead of the 565. The 585 is 195grams lighter than the 565, but if figured with the 07 Record and a few other light weight parts I could save some cash on the frame and still build up a race bike to 6.8kg. If I had gone with the 585 I could run my powertap wheel while racing. Oh well hindsight is always 20/20. On top of that these frames were 50% off and they didn't have any 585s left in my size.
    E.13 SRS

PM for details

im in pretty good shape for a 44 yo guy with 3 jobs, no time to ride, and 3 major bone suguries under his 2" to big belt. probobly shoulda had 2 more. wanna race up n down national? i think i can still get up to buena vista and back in about 24 min (not includin the road) if i had to. im also a pretty competent performance driver if thats a easyer option. bring THAT!

and yes, i still love ya.
    No, I'm NOT back!

involuntary dismounter
    im in pretty good shape for a 44 yo guy with 3 jobs, no time to ride, and 3 major bone suguries under his 2" to big belt. probobly shoulda had 2 more. wanna race up n down national? i think i can still get up to buena vista and back in about 24 min (not includin the road) if i had to. im also a pretty competent performance driver if thats a easyer option. bring THAT!
    and yes, i still love ya.
    you want me don't you???

that first pic is really cool!!!

hidden valley. just off national. beautiful spot. i used to go up there alot and if i looked in the right direction, used my imagination some, it was like bein ith the old west of the 1800's. no city, no people. very cool! that shot in particular is the tunel exit goin back onto the maine drag that haunted me for years. i finally faced that fear on a trip back home 2 years ago and nailed it the 1st time. much uglyer than it looks.

maybe.
    No, I'm NOT back!

wrecking crew
    Here ya go CC...a pic from New Years Day ride up Mormon/National and down Corona Loma...
    ~~~

trail fairy
    Now thats some adventure riding wicked stuff SL

here ya go CC...a pic from New Years Day ride up Mormon/National and down Corona Loma... <fieldset class="fieldset"><legend>Attached Images</legend>
    </fieldset>

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    I'm hoping it comes in around 6.8kg. Right now without the chain, pedals, seat and bar tape it comes in at 10.75lb. The frame is a XXL so it adds some weight.

In reality it will probably be around 6.9kg. If I wanted to go ultra lightweight I would have bought the look 585 instead of the 565. The 585 is 195grams lighter than the 565, but if figured with the 07 Record and a few other light weight parts I could save some cash on the frame and still build up a race bike to 6.8kg. If I had gone with the 585 I could run my powertap wheel while racing. Oh well hindsight is always 20/20. On top of that these frames were 50% off and they didn't have any 585s left in my size.
    "LOOKS" nice, lov'n my 595, & the Ridley is sweet as well!

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Road racing is getting huge these days. The market is getting bigger especially with more and more people watching the tour every year. It wouldn't surprise me if more MTB company got into it. Although it will be interesting if America's are interested in Basso riding for Discovery.
    The downside to MTB companies getting into the road market, is when you have a respected MTB brand like Kona putting their name on a catalog road bike. One of the local road teams here did that last year through a sponsorship deal with the local Kona dealer, and the bikes were hardly distinctive. This year the shop where I moonlight is sponsoring them on proper frames-Ridley.

www.derbyrims.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bert
    I asked DT for a road bike in my email, "christmas wish list" and he replied he had "a Ridley, no need for another at the time!"

So you decide what that means.

~Db
    DT posted some time ago, after someone posted here a wish for a hardtail Turner, that his bike company is called "Turner SUSPENSION Bicycles".

I guess technically a hardtail is a suspension bike, but DT implied full suspension in his reply.

Looking at the new Intense road bike last spring, I asked designer Jeff Steber if he'd do a VPP suspension road bike. (I'm thinking there could possibly be some weight to performance trade-off gain with the smooth terrain stink-bug bio-pacing acceleration reactivity of VPP.) But he said no, there would be no market for such a bike because road riders are very conservative and wouldn't accept such a radical change in design.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

That's hawt!

Quote Originally Posted by velo bum
    "LOOKS" nice, lov'n my 595, & the Ridley is sweet as well!
    Love that 959, esspecially the L on the head tube, and the ook on the fork!
    E.13 SRS

PM for details

wrecking crew

Pondering...

...i think i can still get up to buena vista and back in about 24 min (not includin the road) if i had to...
    Umtay CC, I'm just pondering your statement so bear with me...So you are saying that from the National TH (not including the stupid dirt road) you can get all the way to BV and BACK in 24 min? BV all the way to the Parking lot or the saddle prior to hitting BV? I would think at the least it would take 15-20 min going down National from BV to the TH of the dirt road and you would have to be hauling ass too. I can't see how it would take 24min to do the whole enchilada. Plus National going up is a CHORE! Do you have a rocket strapped to your ass?
    ~~~

this was many years ago su. i was in better shape, ridin 5 or 6 days a week with my group and we were pretty competitive with each other. if we couldnt ride a section we dismounted and ran like hell. i must also admit that the route was less tech back then too. either that or add a hour. just dont tell harry i cant still ride that fast.

thanx for the pic! looks like the hike up the falls. the storys of corona loma always scarred the crap outta me but once i rode it it didnt seem all that bad. i do miss home.
    No, I'm NOT back!

involuntary dismounter
    just dont tell harry i cant still ride that fast.

wow...you must want me pretty bad if you're willing to lie that badly!

trail fairy

wow...you must want me pretty bad if you're willing to lie that badly!
    Ya being stalked CC

Watch it Im thinking Su-ling and DH might be a bit much for ya too handle at your tender age even though ya still fast buddy stamina stamina

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

involuntary dismounter
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Ya being stalked CC
    jealous?
    Watch it Im thinking Su-ling and DH might be a bit much for ya too handle at your tender age even though ya still fast buddy stamina stamina
    surely you are not claiming to be the authority on what it takes to 'handle' me...

Captain Underpants

I'm gonna get slapped . . .

jealous?

surely you are not claiming to be the authority on what it takes to 'handle' me...
    Big Hands? Just a guess.

involuntary dismounter
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Drivel
    Big Hands? Just a guess.

stop stirring the pot!

Captain Underpants

stop stirring the pot!

Spoon, meet Ladle . . .

involuntary dismounter
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Drivel
    Spoon, meet Ladle . . .
    surely i have no idea what you're talking about...

Captain Underpants

It takes one . . . .

surely i have no idea what you're talking about...

LOL!!!
    Last edited by Random Drivel; 02-16-2008 at 12:10 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0