Thread: Turner Rail

grumpy northerner
    Mar 2004

Turner Rail

Any updates regarding the Rail? The last I heard was Spring 2006, and some pictures of the prototype thing terminaut bought on ebay.

There isn't a thread for it in the sticky at the top, and search seems to be broken on here. Google doesn't turn up anything useful, and to top it all off turnerbikes.com is broken for me for some reason. I've been and stared at the Turner section on go-ride.com for a bit, but since I see DT replying to a few threads I thought I'd sneak this one in...

If anyone has any relevant threads bookmarked, that would be great too

Here's the only one I have:
    An interesting Turner IN DA HOUSE!
    I haven't fallen off, I'm just having a rest.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

The Rail is dead,

long live the Rail. The thing that Termy so luckily bought was a very custom
    race bike. I decided to not do the rail in 06 untill I can re-do the Rail right. Sorry to both of the pre-season orders, but next year there will be another Rail, a stand alone product.
    It will be lighter than the last production Rail and be much more race oriented. The thing Termy has is special, very light and proven fast in fact John K just won the Oceana Games 4 x on last years back up bike. But it is not really a Rail, it is a custom team bike that I kinda cringe thinking about the bmx bred masses ripping trails on. I have something special in mind for them.

DT

grumpy northerner
    Mar 2004
    Ah. Well I guess that answers that, then.

Thanks anyway
    I haven't fallen off, I'm just having a rest.

mtbr member

Wow!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    long live the Rail. The thing that Termy so luckily bought was a very custom
    race bike. I decided to not do the rail in 06 untill I can re-do the Rail right. Sorry to both of the pre-season orders, but next year there will be another Rail, a stand alone product.
    It will be lighter than the last production Rail and be much more race oriented. The thing Termy has is special, very light and proven fast in fact John K just won the Oceana Games 4 x on last years back up bike. But it is not really a Rail, it is a custom team bike that I kinda cringe thinking about the bmx bred masses ripping trails on. I have something special in mind for them.

DT
    WOW!!!

So, are you saying the "rail" you will make the year after will be closer to the original box section rail then the proto 5 spot/flux hybrid that we saw?

If so may i say i think that is a super idea. Most people will destroy a sub 6lb race frame, better to have a 7 1/2 lb frame that can take a beating and hold up to the turner name.

Just like you add a little extra fat to the DHR to make it last more then one season. Not the lightest frame around but one of the toughest.

This is one thing i really respect about your designs and love about my DHR, a perfect balance between weight and strength.

**EDIT** To throw my 2 cents in, i reckon a 3-4inch adjustable frame based around the 6 pack chassis, with a shorter chain stay, would be perfect.
    Last edited by cave dweller; 03-12-2006 at 07:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Hey DT,

But but... the Turner 4X 'proto' as ridden by Wentz, Bailey, Kirkcaldie would go in limited run production for 06 or not; like 50 frame-sets????

Even naming them Rail instead of 4X?

So 07 will see the return of a 'true' Rail???
    Now that's interesting... SAVVY!

Not a race team-only (walking beam XCE/RFX) one-off.

I'm glad i have one of those split-top-tube Rails... that one's a keeper!

What happened to the C-note anyway?
    http://www.mtbr.com/tradeshow/interb...uctpage8.shtml

We had the split-top-tubes 'Sled series" DHR, C-note, Rail.
    As seen at the 02 Interbike.
    Pedalpusher for life!

oly
    mtbr member
    Im already saving my pennies for a 3rd turner in the garage.....

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Have I got a dodo ?

I'm a bit concerened after reading this thread. You see I have just bought a Turner Rail off a friend who got it off J K, from what I can gather it has never been ridden and seems like an awesome frame. But after reading that " I'm not doing the rail until I can do it properly" does that mean it will have issues ? This doesn't appear to have been ridden at all. Also trying to find any info on it is proving to be very difficult. What's a good shock for it ?
    I know it sounds like I'm moaning but I'm really just in the dark abit and would feel a lot better if I knew more about it.

any help greatly appreciated
    cheers

mtbr member
    ****, i need to learn how to read.
    Last edited by the Inbred; 03-28-2006 at 06:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

JK backup bike

Hey 72 If you have JK's back up frame from last season, ie, rocker family I will trade you for any new frame this from this years line up with full warranty etc. I would like to have that back.

DT

banned
    David,
    What's the story? How come those frames hit the streets?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Money

At the end of each season the riders sell anything that is not broken for extra $! These frames are not warranted but are usually sold cheap.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Hi Dave I got your e-mail and just sent you one back,
    cheers

Hisforever
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    long live the Rail. I kinda cringe thinking about the bmx bred masses ripping trails on. I have something special in mind for them.

DT

Bring it on Dave! We'll be waiting.